Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: October 03, 2021 08:28PM

In another thread that got closed I broke the cardinal rule of not mentioning the A word in the subject line, but, like I said in that thread 3/12 employees in my department are refusing to get vaccinated, in violation of the government mandate. So they all filed and were granted religious exemptions. They don’t know this yet, but they are about to find out that they are all getting fired in 2 weeks. I said to my boss,”I don’t get it. What religion tells you you can’t get an abortion? None, except maybe the Christian Scientists who let their kids die instead of getting life saving medical procedures.”
She said I t’s 100% about abortion. Apparently human embryos were used in testing the vaccines and they object to being forced to take them. They are not anti-vaccine, just ant-being forced to take something they don’t want to take. They see it as a violation of their civil rights issue.

I told her we ought to rename Covid ‘Darwin’s Revenge’ since 99% of the people it’s killing are science deniers.

She said, ‘I love these people and don’t want any harm to come to them, but to give up your job, your career, maybe even your life, just for this? That’s crazy!’

Crazy as a loon, especially since it’s not even true!
Only one of them Johnson and Johnson was tested on embryo cells. If that were really the reason they’d get one of the other shots.
But it’s really political, not religious. It’s hard to bite my tongue and tell them they are all full of it.
They are all from the East side of the Evergreen State, the Nevergreen State.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2021 08:35PM by schrodingerscat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: October 03, 2021 08:37PM

I already mentioned there is no "cardinal rule" about the A word. The issue was that your sub line wasn't clear. That's all. Not that we usually critique each other's English usage but it happened to come up with that thread.

Re "what religion tells you you can't get an abortion" - Catholics, for one, and many others too, not just the Christian Scientists as you mention.

Re "human embryos were used in testing the vaccines" this is inaccurate, as I've said as have several others and there are links in other threads leading to sources giving the correct information about the vaccine development.

Objecting to the method used to develop the vaccine is a completely different issue from being "forced" to take it. Some people seem to be mixing all the issues together.

We need a bit of incisive thinking to overcome the muddle.

Date: October 03, 2021 08:47PM

I meant no religion tells you not to get a vaccine.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/09/health/covid-vaccine-religious-exemptions-khn/index.html

The Pope got the vaccine and told Catholics to get it. So if you are Catholic, that kinda blows that lame excuse!

https://www.vaticannews.va/en/pope/news/2021-08/pope-francis-appeal-covid-19-vaccines-act-of-love.html

But my Boss said she wouldn’t argue about it with the employees.
She just kicked it up to her boss’s boss to make the call, but it’s already been decided, if you can’t do your job w/o human contact, and you refuse to get vaccinated, you’re fired, exemption or no exemption.

It’s a bit of a problem because the whole east side of the state is not cooperating and pretty much just wants to own the Libs by dying off at 10x’s the rate of the vaccinated side of the state.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2021 12:19AM by schrodingerscat.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: October 04, 2021 01:53AM

I can deal with the name-calling. I just don't want to deal with the Plague.

Posted by: bigfatjim ( )
Date: October 04, 2021 12:24PM

catnip Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can deal with the name-calling. I just don't
> want to deal with the Plague.

I'm the last person you would call liberal. Many of the self-proclaimed liberals I know find my beliefs violently offensive.

Of course, so do some of the self-proclaimed conservatives I know.

That's what happens when you think for yourself, I guess.

I got vaxxed the day I was able to. Or maybe slightly before.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 03, 2021 08:49PM

Thank you for your service.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 03, 2021 09:33PM

Yay !

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 03, 2021 09:33PM

So you will have some job openings?

Date: October 03, 2021 10:06PM

Yeah, a bunch of openings, cops, firefighters, nurses, teachers, leasing agents, architects, accountants, lawyers, engineers, the list goes on.
And we were already short handed, unfortunately!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2021 11:46PM by schrodingerscat.

Date: October 03, 2021 11:48PM

"1. Ignore all doctors
2. Beg for medical care
3. Blame the medical care
4. Die anyway. "

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 04, 2021 01:34AM

Pretty much...

Date: October 04, 2021 01:32AM

"A friend of mine has this Nile Crocodile for a pet. It’s outgrown it’s pen, and keeps getting lose.
Whenever it gets loose, it wanders around the neighborhood, and the neighbors all get upset.(Stupid, liberal neighbors — always trying to suppress his right to have a pet.)
Now, it’s true that a number of children and older people (and perhaps a jogger or two) have gone missing in his neighborhood lately, but that has nothing to do with the crocodile.
And the news media which keeps calling it a “man eater” is just fake news, because everyone knows that 99% of people would survive an attack by a 25’ Nile Crocodile.
But anyway, I told this friend that you wouldn’t mind if he kept his pet crocodile in your back yard for a while — just while he’s getting the new pen built — because the authorities want him to give up the crocodile, but that would be infringing upon his right to own whatever pet he wants. Right?
So, anyway, he said he’d be bringing the crocodile over to your place this weekend, and could you maybe stock up on some whole roasting chickens to help feed the crocodile while it’s staying at your place?"

Date: October 04, 2021 01:38AM

https://www.theolympian.com/news/local/article254736077.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2021 01:39AM by schrodingerscat.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 04, 2021 01:49AM

How about the occasional recipe?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 04, 2021 02:40AM

Thank you for your service!

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: October 04, 2021 02:51AM

And right under that is an article/announcement that Littlerock Elementary is closing for two weeks because of a Covid outbreak.

Posted by: alsd ( )
Date: October 04, 2021 03:47AM

Religious exemptions need to be exterminated too. A person believing in silly superstitions should not exempt them from being laws and basic social responsibility.

Posted by: Eric3 ( )
Date: October 04, 2021 10:18AM

But they've taken other vaccines: tetanus, chicken pox, measles, mumps, polio...

And they take other meds that use fetal cell lines during research and development: tylenol, aspirin, ibuprofen, Pepto Bismol, Tums...

Of course it's political.

They can do what they want with their lives. They have no right to expose their coworkers.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 04, 2021 10:24AM

Isn't not requiring vaccines a competitive advantage? Companies that don't adopt a "no jab no job" policy can just hoover up 1/4 of your employees.

You can thank your company for solving someone else's staffing shortage.

Date: October 04, 2021 11:11AM

bradley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Isn't not requiring vaccines a competitive
> advantage? Companies that don't adopt a "no jab no
> job" policy can just hoover up 1/4 of your
> employees.
>
> You can thank your company for solving someone
> else's staffing shortage.

My ‘company’ is the State of WA and it is the largest employer in the state. Yes there will be a ton of crazy anti-Vaxer science deniers out looking for work in this state next week.
Would you hire them?
I wouldn’t advise it.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: October 04, 2021 12:16PM

but I tend to wonder about the idea of losing my job over getting a vaccination. I'd even get the flu and the shingles vaccinations if I had to for my job. My "husband" works for the hospital and has for 40 years, and he was one of the first in the valley I'd bet who had to get a vaccination. I purposely made sure I got an appt as soon as I was eligible and here I sit with the aftermath of having COVID, but I'll get the booster. I'm in the situation of COVID syndrome, the headaches and I still don't feel well all the time and my son has it now.

My boyfriend is going to visit his mother in AZ next and she is 92. He went to visit his new granddaughter 2 weeks ago while I was in the midst of COVID, so we haven't seen each other for almost 6 weeks (he had another trip the end of August for 50th class reunion).

Having been a single mother for a long time, there is no way in hell I could take a chance at losing my job/jobs. I would have HAD to get the vaccination. At that time, I could work in an office if I so chose. I once worked at the hospital years ago.

Didn't Rusty make some comments about just getting the vaccine yesterday (from what I've read on fb).

If I were a nurse, I'd be quitting so I didn't have to treat COVID patients any longer, but as long as I had another job. My nephew's wife is a nurse. She's been vaccinated since the first day she could be. She lives in the Twin Falls area.

I don't like things as they are. Who does? But if I had to go get the vaccine today even after just having COVID, I'd be out there getting it. I had SO MANY PEOPLE ask me why I didn't get the vaccination. Well, I am one of those lucky ones. My older sister, who hates my "husband" for what he did to us, said,"How many more bad things can he bring into your life??" (He is the one who picked it up in Park City over labor day.) Believe it or not, he and his boyfriend spend 24/7 together and his boyfriend has never caught it. His boyfriend is quite YOUNG.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.