Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 05, 2021 10:57AM

Equality is accomplished through dilution.

Compromise: Dilution at it's finest.

Dilution --- allows the undiluted to burn the brightest.

Grind all the facets off the gem. You still have a cabochon so why complain. No more sharp corners. It's pretty even if it no longer glints and scatters spots of brilliant light on all that surrounds it. Sweet little thing. Who wouldn't like one, or, many?

Sheep do not soar. They do make a very nice sweater, however.

"Be ye, therefore, that which your God du Jour* says to be. Do not stealest thou his thunder."

If you don't know who your God du Jour is, don't worry--you can spot them as they are always carrying glass cutters.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 05, 2021 11:21AM

I really must visit the dispensary

Date: October 05, 2021 11:25AM

Haha hahahahaha ha

I Just get in these moods all on my own, I'm afraid. I always know what I mean.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 05, 2021 11:41AM

Jeez, word salad sprouting everywhere today. Is it something in the water, or the low pressure area headed to UT? Maybe SC has been providing too much fertilizer.

Date: October 05, 2021 12:15PM

Prose, dahlink. Prose. :)

Sometimes you can't help it when Einstein is your cousin.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 05, 2021 05:14PM

What--are you two trying to put me out of a job?

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: October 05, 2021 11:46AM

I like that guy and that guy’s book that says, “Never meet in the middle.”

I’ll think of his name after coffee.

Date: October 05, 2021 11:51AM

Somebody got it! Kathleen of course.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 05, 2021 12:06PM

don't fence me in

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 05, 2021 02:55PM

It's funny how the corporate world fancies itself a competence hierarchy. Yet here we are with 10 million new cars not for sale, and car factories shut down, because of a chip shortage. You can't blame the government, that was management and their cult of JIT.

Which brings to mind the ghastly container ship backlog at the ports. The supply chain needs those ships uploaded now, not in four weeks. The downstream consequences of the supply chain grinding to a halt are extremely serious. How did it happen? Management. The pointy haired bosses can't think their way out of a paper bag.

So why is this? It's because capitalism does not favor creative types. Universities used to provide a playground for such people, but they are now capitalists too. The playgrounds became trade schools. So now national policy is driven by the bottom line and quarterly numbers. No five-year plans for us.

The church especially promotes extreme conservatives. But not all extreme conservatives, just the ones who are the most full of themselves. How do these types deal with change? I think we are seeing now. They can only manage when there's nothing to manage.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2021 03:16PM by bradley.

Date: October 05, 2021 03:35PM

Yes! And, Yes!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 06, 2021 02:01AM

?

Date: October 06, 2021 10:24AM

If Jesus loves everybody then being loved by Jesus is nothing special. The Mormons know this. Therefore they claim he only loves them for real. This by insinuation mostly, and, to each other when they are together.

The Second Anointing is the ultimate example of this. The others only think they are going to the CK. Jokes on them. But the CK will be just like the church is now. It has it's 1% like all organizations do. The 99% make the 1% possible. And they will get to wait on them.

All Aboard! Oh wait. Not you.

Was so happy to realize it was a lie, cuz, uh . . . they made it clear to me I was at the bottom of the 99.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.