Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: OzDoc ( )
Date: October 07, 2021 10:39PM

I raised my now adult kids with no exposure to Mormonism.

Their only contact with TBM's is a couple of cousins in the heart USA Mormondom via Facebook. I don't partake but they show me some of the more bizarre postings, like the recent MTC at home with the missionary referred to by his bragging parent as "Elder X" and with his missionary uniform on at home.

2 recent posts contrast the absolute uselessness of missions."Elder X ' is now off to Podunk,Wherever State to await his withheld visa to his foreign posting.

Meanwhile, cousins 2 in Big City, Mormondum post about the missionaries working to install their swimming pool and landscape around it.

My kids are tickled to think their cousin is going off to a foreign country to "Serve the Lord" by installing swimming pools.
His adoring TBM family all comment on the announcement of his departure " You'll be great" or "I know you'll do great things"

When you have disentangled yourself from the crazy it is a real source of amusement.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: October 08, 2021 01:12PM

yesity yesity yes yes yes

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: October 08, 2021 01:23PM

When they finally send missionaries to the moon to teach the Quaker like folks there, it will become the lunarcy of missions.

Sorry, I had to do it.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 08, 2021 04:26PM

There's that AP inspiration again.

The root of lunacy is indeed the same as lunar. The Old English equivalent was month-sickness, with month being the same as moon, indicating insanity that comes and goes with the lunar cycles.

But you knew that because you are mad as a March hare!

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: October 08, 2021 04:54PM

Oh, I'd go on that mission and be an AP in a mormon minute (which about 45 minutes longer than an actual minute).

And just think, I could be landscaping and building swimming pools up there! What a calling! What a mantle! What a load of Quaker poop!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 08, 2021 05:03PM

I wonder when Mormons will realize how pointless the whole mission exercise has become. It's an obscene waste of people's lives.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: October 09, 2021 10:55PM

It will continue as long as there are Mormon parents who want to brag about their exceptional children.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 08, 2021 02:54PM

Haha. Thanks for the laugh. Installing a swimming pool and landscaping? For who? The local bishop? Far cry from my mission back '69 to 71. Wasn't even the MTC yet. Still the LTM.

Lucky kids, yours, OzDoc.

This new Home MTC is ridiculous, but the Facebook brag about it is just pathetic. It's like the last store to close at the Mall that went broke.

The "never-give-up" spirit can be very admirable sometimes, but, other times it borders on desperately tragic.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: October 08, 2021 04:32PM

Likely the mishies are disappointed not to be flying off to distant climes to spread the word but actually, digging pools and planting flowers are much more useful and enjoyable endeavours. Unfortunately, they may feel for the rest of their Mormon lives that they missed out on something great by having to "serve" in their home town and likely finding no converts. They will likely never realize they got the best deal. Unless they join us here one day and see they were lucky after all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2021 04:33PM by Nightingale.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: October 08, 2021 03:15PM

During the height of the Covid lockdown when no church meetings were being held, I would often see the senior missionary couple assigned in my area out walking in the mornings. The couple would be dressed in their Sunday best and wearing their name tags.
I just bet that when I would pass them going in the opposite direction and say hello even Shinehah got counted as a contact for the day.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 08, 2021 04:53PM

OzDoc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My kids are tickled to think their cousin is going
> off to a foreign country to "Serve the Lord" by
> installing swimming pools.

This is a great life lesson for young Mormons who can learn from it. If I would have been doing that, it would have shortened my time as a Mormon I think.

> His adoring TBM family all comment on the
> announcement of his departure " You'll be great"
> or "I know you'll do great things"

If they truly love him. Having an adoring family would have been great. Probably harder to leave the Mormon church though.

Posted by: ~ufotofu~ ( )
Date: October 10, 2021 03:08PM

MORMON Missings are free passes to do nothing, while believing - and being taught [forced to believe] - you/ they are doing everything.

There is NO free-agency in mormonism, LDS missions especially! Missing for two years. No CHOICES at ten, twelve, 14, 16, 18, or EVER in mormonism. Just put in (ALL) the time while you are alive SO maybe you'll get a day off In HELL, when you finally get there (not including Mormonism, which is hell on earth)!

Mormons [are taught to] think (believe) ANYTHING to do with TSCC is "holy"...

And generally can't lower the bar of honesty, clarity, truth and humility within TSCC because it is Set So Low by Mormonnism itself that ANYTHING the so-called "church" or an individual ("good") Mormon does is in perfect harmony with the universe (eternal love/ life, CHOICE/ Free-Agency, honesty, fairness and equality aside).

Mormonism is on a mission. The mission is to con members/ would-be members into believing mormonism is "true" (as far as it is believed or consTRUEd).

The "MISSIONS" tscc calls members on are simply Unpaid Jobs, DUTIES/ duty stations, tasks and chores. That's all

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.