Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: EquineFedora ( )
Date: October 30, 2010 04:20PM

Did it ever reach a point with relatives actively pushing a conversion (reactivation, reconversion, etc.) agenda that you just disregarded decorum and explained that Mormonism is a blight on the cause of human enlightenment and you’d never consider joining, rejoining, or reconverting, and there’s not a goddamn thing the missionaries or anyone else could ever say that would change your mind? IOW, back the hell off and yes, I do think less of you for your decision to remain members, think there’s a deficit in your moral reasoning ability, and don’t give a shit whether or not the genesis of your presumptious hectoring is familial love and a desire to remain in contact with me for all eternity, though I would have kept that to myself if you’d just minded your own business, and I at least respect your decisions enough not to push a deconversion agenda on you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: October 30, 2010 04:31PM

Mormonism IS a blight on the cause of human enlightenment. When I quit Mormonism, I was outraged by the size of the lie this religion has been telling. I wasn't about to be keep quiet about it. If TBM family members, who frankly have been tools of this religion, have a problem with being spoken to plainly about it, then that's their problem.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 30, 2010 07:51PM

I think for me the biggest issue was would they ever LISTEN to the fact that I DIDN'T BELIEVE ANYMORE and I NEVER WOULD AGAIN. I know all the ones I've told I DON'T BELIEVE still think I believe. DEEP DOWN.

I do worry about my daughter, but not as much as I used to. She has calmed down a lot. I don't try to de-convert her any longer. I try to think in terms of she is almost 25--it took me until age 38 to go inactive. I owe it to her to allow her to figure it out. I need to be here when she crashes and burns. My son has other ideas of how to run his life--still copying my mistakes . . . at this age, neither of them give a d*mn what I have to say, so all I can do is be here to catch them. I no longer debate the issues with mormons.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.