Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: November 04, 2021 07:46AM

Maybe that's my beef with Mormons. Their God is such a prick. He can't even make up his mind. It's like he's as addled as his prophets.

So, if you die and go to the CK and discover you really don't like Mormon God, catch the next bus to the telestial kingdom (exact signs and tokens only) and look me up. I will most likely be a better roommate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 04, 2021 09:11AM

I thought hell on earth was being at a Mormon social. I didn't fit in so the last thing that I wanted was to be surrounded by Mormons in the ck. I actually told the Sunday school class that I would be content to be in the middle kingdom surrounded by "good people". I did not consider most Mormons to be good people when I was active in the church.

My thinking when serving Xmas dinner at the ward social: My goodness, lots of folks came tonight. Maybe we should go to the store and bring some more sides and dinner rolls.

Mormon thinking: If they wanted a plate of food, then they should have gotten to the church an hour early and waited in line. I also arranged for my family to get a second helping because I'm ultra-righteous in the ward. Some people don't deserve a plate anyways.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: November 04, 2021 10:31AM

If you write a vast sweeping historical novel, a la Michener, that has as it's back drop the history of the earth and humankind, God is the perfect villain for your tome. Satan can't hold a candle to him. He's a supporting role at best.

Oh wait, somebody already wrote it.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 05, 2021 03:35AM

+1

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 04, 2021 10:42AM

Color me surprised.

bradley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So, if you die and go to the CK and discover you
> really don't like Mormon God, catch the next bus
> to the telestial kingdom (exact signs and tokens
> only) and look me up.

And for a former Mormon you should know no signs and tokens would be needed. That gave me a good laugh. Thanks.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: November 04, 2021 11:53AM

You mean if I sign up I get to spend the rest of eternity with you and your kind? Hell you’ve only been on my front porch for 5minutes and I already feel sick to my stomach!

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 04, 2021 12:05PM

Wait until you meet the OT God! Talk about a psychopath.

Christians tried to soften that God up a bit, but the atonement using blood of a God/son made him even crazier.

Every culture has scary aspects worked into their god pantheons to reflect human nature. Mormons are just following suit by worshipping a god that reflects their own behavior.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: November 04, 2021 12:57PM

The Mormon God also has Multiple Personality Disorder. You have to walk on eggshells with Him; catch Him in a bad mood and lots of people get wiped out by tornadoes, “great upheavals”, and fires like in the Book of Mormon.

He never seems to be in a good mood during the Book of Mormon times. Come to think of it, His mood hasn’t changed much since then, either.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: November 04, 2021 01:23PM

Here's a hint: their God is themselves...

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 04, 2021 01:33PM

“Through a mirror darkly…”

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: November 05, 2021 02:15AM

You are brutal.

Here's to unassigned friends.

Date: November 05, 2021 11:25AM

Yes! To "unassigned" friends! Chin chin, a votre sante, salude, kanpai, skaal, and mud in your eye.

Date: November 04, 2021 01:47PM

Is there a god you do like?

I'm trying to think if any of the 25,000 and counting so far have been a cut above. Drawing a blank but I've only studied a few.

I'd kind of like a sense of humor in one for a change. And not the 'Let's torture Job" humor or the "why don't you sacrifice your son--just kidding" humor of OT God.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 04, 2021 08:08PM

I'm not fond of any of them...just my $.02.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: November 05, 2021 03:31AM

You have to wonder about a god that wants to control your undies. And I will have no truck with one that would deny a poor kid a Coke! Yeah, still bitter about that.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 08, 2021 01:17PM

Susan I/S Wrote:
> with one that would deny a poor kid a Coke! Yeah,
> still bitter about that.

:)

Posted by: ~ufotofu~ ( )
Date: November 05, 2021 02:19PM

bradley Wrote:
> ... my beef with Mormons. Their God is
> such a prick. He can't even make up his mind. >

Problem with MORMONizm is it HIJACKS God/ 'Heavy Farter' and Jesus Christ, just the same, not to mention the Whole Ghost. Everything is done 'in their names', so they have no accountablity, themselves. So, GOD doesn't have to be bad, though TSCC Makes You Bad, in His-Her stead. So, mormonism MAKES DEMANDS on you and says you can't make demands yourself. It's TSCC PUNISHING YOU, in God's name...

> ... to the telestial kingdom... and look me up. I will most likely be a better roommate. >

I'd rather hang while we are alive!
Can't guarantee what will happen next-

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: November 08, 2021 06:50AM

....only a real MORmON would !!!

Posted by: blackcoatsdaughter ( )
Date: November 08, 2021 07:51AM

"I don't like the God that Mormons worship"

Yeah, probably because you think the God you worship is better. Confirmation bias.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: November 09, 2021 02:20PM

What? you don't like money?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.