Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: looking in ( )
Date: November 15, 2021 07:18PM

Ugh! Winter has arrived in Alberta today. Snow has been falling since before I got up, and I think will continue well into the night. I can't complain too much, Summer and Fall were both pretty great this year.

The highways are treacherous, and as usual most people have forgotten how to drive in Winter. On a Facebook page about our local highway conditions, I read there is a semi jackknifed east of us, and a long line of cars are waiting for it to be moved. Happily the driver is not hurt. And on another positive note, I saw a post on the page from a young woman low on fuel asking if anyone in the lineup can help her out with extra gas. Within 15 minutes she posted that someone else lined up contacted her and came to her rescue with gas. Makes me feel hopeful about society. There are so many accounts in the news about people acting s***ty these days, and I’m glad to be reminded that good people are still around.

Fellow Albertans(and others this resonates with), if like me, you are in the snow belt today, cozy up, stay warm and hang on, it will end eventually. Probably.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Joseph's Myth ( )
Date: November 15, 2021 08:01PM

Did you know why it got so cold?

It's due to the lack of heat..

Welp, snowmobile peeps adore this new trend!

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: November 16, 2021 11:01AM

The Coquihalla is hell today.

Posted by: looking in ( )
Date: November 16, 2021 11:21AM

It must be! Not my favourite road at the best of times. And the flooding in Merritt is unbelievable. What a year it's been...

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 16, 2021 12:28PM

I love driving it in the summer but you couldn't pay me to drive to the coast in the winter.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 16, 2021 11:47AM

Just started here. Our second snowfall..been watchingthe unfoldingdisaster in BC..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2021 11:48AM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.