Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elise ( )
Date: October 30, 2010 11:01PM

Hi all,

I recently moved here from out east. I've told my parents about not wanting to be LDS any longer, and they were aware of my "inactivity" before I moved here. However, as my mom was heartbroken and you can never be too sure about choices in life, I agreed to try the Mormon church again for a short period of time. To no one's surprise, it was the same old blandness all around. I can't wait to give it up and be at a church I'm comfortable in, hopefully in time for Advent.

Anyway, I was just curious if there are any ex-mo's in this area - that would be really neat. Hanging out with Mo's has really taken a toll on me. Although I have non-mo friends, I would really love to meet another ex-mo.

Elise

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: FreeAtLast ( )
Date: October 30, 2010 11:35PM

I left TSCC after arriving in Vancouver. My TBM mother back east (southern Ontario), a convert to the Morg, was quite upset. I'd had my fill of the chronically dishonest LDS Church/cult, left, and have never looked back.

I made some good friends in Vancouver and participated in a great social group, VAML (http://members.shaw.ca/vaml/). I also joined a world music choir (http://members.shaw.ca/cbaer/auroracelebrationchoir/) and was a member for a decade; it was a lot of fun.

There's plenty to see and do in the Lower Mainland, and lots of great people!

I visit Vancouver about twice/year so if you send me your e-mail address, I'll touch base with you before I visit again and we could get together for a drink, visit at Granville Island, whatever works for you.

If you haven't visited Kelowna and the rest of the Okanagan Valley, I suggest you do so (in the summer). It's a sunny, welcoming, and REALLY interesting part of Canada!

Cheers!

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.