Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 31, 2022 06:08PM

When you are in a relationship with someone you don't want to be with, it's time for a divorce.

Religious fundies and racists want an all-white, all "christian," authoritarian, fascist state surrounded by walls and minefields like North Korea, so let's just give it to them.

Cut out the Southeast, cut Florida in half, and let all the fundies and haters move there and get them out of our hair.

They can have all the school prayer they want, execute interracial couples on the spot (which will be hard to do since all the black people would leave), imprison all LGBTQIA+ in concentration camps, build giant statues to their Mango Mussolini so they can worship him as a living god, make all women stay home, ban leggings, crop tops, and make women wear ankle length skirts, and force everyone to convert, go to church three times a day, and shout "Hallelujah! Praise The Lord!" upon pain of death.

The only problem is after they created their "perfect society," there will be no one left to fear or hate, so they'd probably get pretty bored.

Good Riddance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: March 31, 2022 06:19PM

You’re starting to scare me, anybody.

Please find some happiness.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 31, 2022 06:44PM

I think they have a pill for that.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: March 31, 2022 06:56PM

We (Americans) tried that before.

It doesn't work...nor should it work.

Posted by: El Gato ( )
Date: March 31, 2022 07:14PM

What ever happened to Texas threatening to secede from the union when America chose a half black/half white man for President?

We should let them, and take the rest of the Bible Belt with them! Sell it all back to Mexico for $
A Peso, Call it Mexican Jesusland!

The remaining blue States could join up with Canada to form United States of Canada and become the 2nd largest economy on the planet, after China. Mexican Jesusland would be 3rd largest economy in the world.

We’d need Elon Musk back in exchange.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: March 31, 2022 10:59PM

Ah No!! I live in TN and certainly have issues in fitting in here, but I want to be in the US. If I were younger, I would grab my family and move to Finland or other Nordic country. Crazy thinking of splitting the US.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 31, 2022 11:41PM

It wouldn't work anyway. Many Red states take in more than they pay in taxes, and they couldn't make it economically on their own -- no matter how much they talk about secession.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: April 01, 2022 12:31AM

Back in the day, the Soviet bloc countries couldn't allocate resources efficiently because they all had command economies and there were no price signals. For oil and other commodities, Moscow and its allies learned to invoice everything by reference to global markets. Western economists consequently joked that if communism swept the world, the central proletarian government would need to maintain at least one small capitalist economy so that it knew where to set prices.

Your point is similar. If all the Red states and provinces seceded and formed their own country, they'd need to include at least one blue economy to pay the bills.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 01, 2022 08:02AM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Your point is similar. If all the Red states and
> provinces seceded and formed their own country,
> they'd need to include at least one blue economy
> to pay the bills.

Or, if all the Blue states seceded, they'd need at least one Red state economy as an economic reference point. For example, you don't find rent control (top-down, fixed economy) in red states. But you do in places like New York City.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: March 31, 2022 11:16PM

I know Western Canada would not want to be part of Blue United States.

The Provinces of Ontario and Quebec,60+% of Canada's population are liberal and would probably like the idea.

Posted by: Cold-Dodger ( )
Date: April 01, 2022 06:13AM

This is what half the country looks like through the current prism provided by partisans leaning your way, but if you go out into the world, you’ll find not as many people are talking like that and if they are it’s only because they’re as scared of your side as your side is of theirs.

We’re not in as bad shape as you think we are yet. What elected dipshits do is different from how most people feel. This system is terrible and it needs to be torn down and rebuilt. I’m very concerned about what shape it will take with the standard of education falling across the nation, but a large part of that is how out of reach higher education is for poor people and how the states have turned their local curriculums into a political football where they are constantly torturing their own kids to weed out plants and witches from the other side.

But this is not because of your fellow class members. Twenty years ago, our government lied us into attacking a country that had nothing to do with 9/11 or the OG declaration of the war on terror. We slowly began to suspect what the president had done, but when the other party had the power to nail him to the wall, they did not. When the economy bottomed out due to corporate greed in the banking class, we elected a black man with a Muslim name to shake things up, and he fed 5 million American homes to the wolves of Wall Street instead. The economy slowly but steadily improved, but rural America never saw the recovery, especially in the Rust Belt. So along comes the orange one with a blond wig, and everything about him is audacious, but these are desperate times. He says he’ll bring the jobs back. He says he’ll fix everything. Just enough swing voters gamble on it, and whatever the man accomplished that everybody can agree on, it’s this: he shook things up for sure. And all the powers of hell, as it seemed to the more religious supporters, combined against him. Like some truly end of days shit from their perspective.

Please don’t betray the youth. There are young people, like I was, figuring it out. The country is changing. Please don’t scuttle it at the finish line. There’s still so much it can be, and the people you hate the most are not as bad as you think, and neither are you to them.

Posted by: Happy_Heretic ( )
Date: April 01, 2022 08:45AM

Here here! What Cold-Dodger said. +100

HH =)

Posted by: Now a Gentile ( )
Date: April 01, 2022 09:08AM

I have to ask: What does this have to do with mormonism, or leaving TSCC, or their general conference, their leadership?

This is why I rarely come here any more. This site is no longer focused on things mormon. It has become a site where people have rants, both liberal and conservative.

I still plan to read the site on occasion but it is becoming less and less.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: April 01, 2022 10:20AM

Thank you. I miss the old RFM.

Seems fewer new ones come here and I always wonder if they don't need an RFM or if they come and find nothing but rants and Krazy Kat posts going to 60 while Mormon issues are often nearly ignored or may get a comment or two.

I still get into the OT's just for something to do over coffee but I worry about the lurkers.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 01, 2022 10:19AM

Sounds like the same idea from another group of intolerance.

Posted by: Kate ( )
Date: April 01, 2022 12:09PM

What is the matter, anybody?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.