Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: May 18, 2022 09:56PM

https://youtu.be/DbBJ4qyK2mY

I find that hard to wrap my brain around, but that’s just the opposite of how I had him pegged. Is he a Liberal or just Libertarian?

a Liberal Libertarian?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2022 09:57PM by schrodingerscat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 18, 2022 10:53PM

He's neither liberal nor libertarian. He's just the politician equivalent of your bill Maher and Joe Rogan: a superficial person who changes his views as rapidly as necessary to keep the public entertained.

Don't listen to what people say: watch what they do,

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: May 19, 2022 02:01AM

He would paint himself purple, light his hair on fire and run naked down Main Street if he thought it would get him any attention.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: May 19, 2022 01:27PM

The fiasco in Oregon is a hard one to top. Bundy turned ButtFuck into a international news story. The dude has had two armed stand offs with the Feds. Getting arrested at state capitols and hospitals is a step down but the dude does seem to like attention and having followers.

Maybe he will start a new branch of Mormonism. He seems to have the personality for that.

Date: May 22, 2022 06:47PM

He seems a lot like the Lafferty Bros who took MORmONism to its (I’ll)logical extreme.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 19, 2022 01:31PM

I tried that and it didn't work.

Posted by: DaveinTX ( )
Date: May 19, 2022 11:06AM

Almond Bundy????? Don't you mean Aamon Bundy?

Posted by: DaveinTX ( )
Date: May 19, 2022 11:08AM

And my bad!. Adding a comment to correct his first name. It is Ammon, not Aamon.

Date: May 19, 2022 11:35AM

I think "Almond" makes sense, actually.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 26, 2022 01:05PM

Almond Bunny

Posted by: nli ( )
Date: May 29, 2022 07:27PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think "Almond" makes sense, actually.

Yes, I agree: he's really a nut;

Date: May 19, 2022 03:38PM

I tried 3 times to enter Ammon, but it kept getting auto corrected to Almond so I just gave up trying to spell it right.
You got the gist.

Posted by: Third of Five ( )
Date: May 22, 2022 07:06PM

In all fairness, Almond is way better.

I always assumed Ammon was a mormon name. I guess I was wrong.

Date: May 22, 2022 07:08PM

Ammon is indeed a Mormon name. It figures prominently in the BoM.

Date: May 22, 2022 07:16PM

My apologies, this is the result of me not following US news. So this Almond chap is a mormon (thanks google). He sounds a bit crazy and not typically someone who’d support BLM, but I’m stating the obvious.

I know very little of the US compared with the Book of Mormon.

This is quite an embarrassing fact.

Date: May 22, 2022 07:23PM

Shouldn't be embarrassed at all.

"Almond" is a misspelling, probably due to autocorrect. We have adopted the spelling because if it looks like a nut, walks like a nut, and quacks like a nut, it's a nut.

Bundy is a white nationalist defined more by his need for public adoration than the consistency of his views. Nothing that he says should be taken seriously.

The remarkable thing is that despite all the law-and-order rhetoric and even a violent death to his credit, the church has not disciplined Almond. Which says much about the nature of the LDS membership and the fears of the church leadership, timid souls that they are.

Date: May 22, 2022 07:40PM

Wow. Yet if someone does a podcast criticising the church in any way, they get ex’d. I guess if he is a proud mormon he can do whatever he likes.

I think autocorrect was onto something.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: May 25, 2022 11:03AM

Just for your edification..

He keeps running for political offices here in Idaho. He just lost (thankfully) a run for governor, partly because there was someone even more crazy competing for his base. He's always staging some kind of attention-getting protest and getting arrested. He's always ragging about the government and such. Here in Idaho, we have some types who are so far right mixed in with libertarian Ayn Rand type. It's a job sorting them all out.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: May 19, 2022 01:21PM

Bundy? Oh yes. I loved Married With Children.

Date: May 22, 2022 06:51PM

Rubicon Wrote:
> Bundy? Oh yes. I loved Married With Children.

No Ted.

Posted by: One ( )
Date: May 19, 2022 04:27PM

I don't care what Almond does or says.

I only care about Walnut Bundy - and he remains silent.

Posted by: I ( )
Date: May 25, 2022 12:59AM

This isn't news

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: May 25, 2022 10:31AM

BLM ????

Black Lives Matter

-or-

Bureau of Land Management

Heard he had problems with the federal agency.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 25, 2022 11:02AM

Ikr

Date: May 25, 2022 12:23PM

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: May 25, 2022 08:23PM

"Video not available in your country". I've never had that message before.

I too thought BLM refers to Black Lives Matter. Does it not?

Date: May 26, 2022 12:25AM

Yes.

Date: May 26, 2022 08:46PM

Nightingale Wrote:
> I too thought BLM refers to Black Lives Matter.
> Does it not?

Yes, but not originally, though it's acronym... However, it is also the acronym for the Bureau of Land Management, which is widely known as 'the "BLM"'- which also stands for Block Learn Multiplier, Buzzword Lifecycle Management, Bachelor of Labour Management, Bank Loan Modification, Black Line Marbles, Behavioral Language Model, Beauty Loves Me, and any number of fictional or real words or phrases.

OP might not know the difference, or is unaware or unfamiliar.

Date: May 26, 2022 11:57PM

I just assumed most people would bother watching the video, but my bad.

Date: May 27, 2022 12:43AM

schrodingerscat Wrote:
> I just assumed most people would bother watching
> the video, but my bad.

That's not it. It isn't even what I was talking about, so, no worries.

I just did, but then again, I didn't learn anything by it.

However, it's got much less to do with anyone watching the video and certainly more to do with the headlines/ introductions (leaving people to assume... or worse) post titles or video/ link descriptions.

When someone says BLM we know they're talking about the Bureau of Land Management, ESPECIALLY when they don't even say, BLM: BLACK LIVES MATTER.

We only have to go on what an OP provides, our own particular knowledge, ignorance or assumptions, wisdom or guesses.

I knew exactly what his position is - as well as the black lives matter position - without even watching the video. We're ALL fighting for the same thing: freedom! Duh

Let's think about this

It's not rocket science

Date: May 29, 2022 07:56PM

I have no idea what you are saying.

Date: June 01, 2022 03:36AM

That means you don't know what you are saying.

To be clear, you not being clear doesn't help anyone.

P.S. That's my point. To get others to think. Duh... lol

Take time. Don't try to chew it all up in 1 bite.

Date: June 01, 2022 03:42AM

It made sense to me, but I'm sure you knew that given my frequent annoyance at the provocative, if inaccurate, "titles/introductions."

Date: June 01, 2022 04:21AM

Yeah but those with 360° FOV, in all six directions, inside and out, day and night, have a much better time navigating a room, situation, or experience than those who rarely travel outside their dimensions. Essentially, most time travel only takes a little time. It's traveling experiences that take time, mostly from beginning to end. That's what makes up a friend. Especially explaining, catching up, learning, understanding...

Just explaining for a friend-

_Me

Date: June 01, 2022 04:05AM

schrodingerscat Wrote:
> https://youtu.be/DbBJ4qyK2mY
>
> I find that hard to wrap my brain around, but
> that’s just the opposite of how I had him
> pegged.

Think about it. He understands the common man's struggles.

Is he a Liberal or just Libertarian?
>
> a Liberal Libertarian?

Does labeling help? Maybe you prefer things you can name, but A.B. is bigger than a name. He more of an idea. Think about it (if you have to).

Maybe this will, he wants [the] Liberty (to live by the constitution)! Ever heard of the Black Panther Party? He has. He is also aware of histories promises and man's needs and guarantees. It's all in the books. Read ahead! They're being written now, usually faster than some can read. American Liberty is at stake and he knows the truth is more important than labels, failures or fears... and if we (he) don't (doesn't) Act Now, what's the use in even thinking about tomorrow... when it'll be even tougher to regain lost ground.

Wonder what mamy black people in America have had to endure - including their ancestors - and witness and you won't have to wonder how the FREE MAN might think of the little man and rise up and unite & demonstrate and even become seen as a leader, visionary, revolutionary, or icon.

Date: June 04, 2022 05:08PM

Yes labels do help to classify people. I'm trying to figure out where somebody like Bundy fits into the Venn Diagram between Liberal, Libertarian and Conservative. I know he's anti-government, even though he ran for Governor of ID, ironically.
Bundy's own words are that "You must have something wrong with you in the head if you think BLM is more dangerous than the police."

He says he learned from being in prison, that the prison guards like keeping people divided down racial lines into gangs because that's what keeps them in prison. And that's what politicians are doing in society, keeping us divided.

Wood says, "As somebody who's felt abused by the criminal justice system, Bundy was even supportive of the movement on the opposite side of the spectrum."

Bundy thinks 95% of his beliefs would align with members of BLM.

Yeah, let's not talk about the 5% of those super racist beliefs, like his Dad saying black were better off under slavery. Pretty sure this apple doesn't fall far from the tree still.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.