Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: July 30, 2022 02:12AM

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdfl/pr/leader-genesis-ii-church-health-and-healing-who-sold-toxic-bleach-fake-miracle-cure

Leader of “Genesis II Church of Health and Healing,” Who Sold Toxic Bleach as Fake “Miracle” Cure for Covid-19 and Other Serious Diseases, Extradited from Colombia to the United States

Miami, Florida – Mark Grenon, 64, made his initial appearance today in federal court in Miami, Florida, after being extradited from Colombia. Grenon is charged—along with his three sons, Jonathan Grenon, 36, Jordan Grenon, 28, and Joseph Grenon, 34—with fraudulently marketing and selling “Miracle Mineral Solution,” a toxic industrial bleach, as a cure for COVID-19, cancer, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, autism, malaria, hepatitis, Parkinson’s, herpes, HIV/AIDS, and other serious medical conditions, and with defying federal court orders.

According to an indictment returned by a federal grand jury, the Grenons, all of Bradenton, Florida, manufactured, promoted, and sold a product they named Miracle Mineral Solution (“MMS”). MMS is a chemical solution containing sodium chlorite and water which, when ingested orally, became chlorine dioxide, a powerful bleach typically used for industrial water treatment or bleaching textiles, pulp, and paper. The Grenons claimed that ingesting MMS could treat, prevent, and cure COVID-19, according to the charges. The FDA, however, had not approved MMS for treatment of COVID-19, or for any other use. Rather, in prior official warning statements, the FDA had strongly urged consumers not to purchase or use MMS for any reason, explaining that drinking MMS was the same as drinking bleach and could cause dangerous side effects, including severe vomiting, diarrhea, and life-threatening low blood pressure. See https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/danger-dont-drink-miracle-mineral-solution-or-similar-products. In fact, FDA received reports of people requiring hospitalizations, developing life-threatening conditions, and even dying after drinking MMS.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 30, 2022 12:21PM

I can understand being skeptical of science. I think some people wildly overdo it, and don’t bother to have any evidentiary support for their skepticism, but I can see a rational basis for skepticism.

What I don’t get is that it is often the exact same people who will swallow, hook, line and sinker, preposterous claims from some rando on the internet. WTF, people.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 30, 2022 08:46PM

Brother Of Jerry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What I don’t get is that it is often the exact
> same people who will swallow, hook, line and
> sinker, preposterous claims from some rando in the
> White House. WTF, people.

Fixed that for you.

Date: July 30, 2022 08:56PM

Yeah. But even our recent unfortunate Dumpster Fire did not perversely promote bleach as a cure-all, he was just ignorant of basic science, biology, and product warning labels. Reading was not his strong suit.

Even he had the good sense to get vaccinated and boosted, though he did his best to hide the fact so as not to upset the bioLuddites, who were oddly attracted to dumpster fires. Go figure.

Date: July 30, 2022 09:00PM

Agreed. But I doubt the quack retailers would be so successful at purveying their nostrums if those medicines had not already been endorsed by someone people trust by dint of his position.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: July 30, 2022 12:26PM

Date: July 30, 2022 01:21PM

It’s probably effective. If it kills the host, the virus will eventually die too. It’s the “safe” part that is the problem.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 30, 2022 09:29PM

that's illegal in Florida?

I'm SHOCKED!!

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: July 30, 2022 09:38PM

It's illegal everywhere in the United States.
That's why this is a federal case.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: July 30, 2022 10:49PM

anybody Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ... a cure for COVID-19, cancer, Alzheimer’s, diabetes,
> autism, malaria, hepatitis, Parkinson’s, herpes,
> HIV/AIDS, and other serious medical conditions

The definition of a true wonder drug.

But reason should tell (most) people that no one substance, natural or human-developed, could possibly accomplish all those treatments or cures.

They all have different causes and mechanisms, for one thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2022 10:50PM by Nightingale.

Date: July 30, 2022 10:50PM

Yup.

Date: July 30, 2022 11:39PM

The US has a long and distinguished history of
1) snake oil salesmen who will promise a cure for everything, and 2) a ready supply of customers for the snake oil.

Joseph Smith, promising men their own harem and planet, fit right in to that tradition.

Date: July 30, 2022 11:44PM

Everything tastes better with a dash of laudanum.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: July 31, 2022 01:10AM

NG :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.