Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: August 16, 2022 09:23PM

...ALL made a commitment & covenant to obey the Lord's will when they were Baptized at 8-years old or older.

It's common knowledge that "god" is NO respector of persons so what in the sam-hill gives these GA Geezers a Free-Pass???

Enquiring minds wanna know!!!

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Silence is Golden ( )
Date: August 17, 2022 12:21AM

Two main rules when it comes to church leadership.

1. I can change the rules to suit\justify anything I or any other leader said, did, did not do, or will say.

2. The rule I made for you, does not apply to me or any other leader alive or dead.

Disclaimer: See first rule for clarification or in the case of confusion to rule #2.

Posted by: Maca ( )
Date: August 17, 2022 09:04AM

That's a really good point, they coerce they pressure young men to give up on scholarships, to give up on making a living working at a job, give up on paying taxes, for two years. And yet there are the social climbers and those connected to mormon royalty who get contracts, jobs, or become GA at temple Square who have never worked. It's almost like the mission is for suckers,

The same goes for politicians, why aren't there more senators sending their kids to basic training? Hunter Biden and Ivanca Trump need to go do some pushups. Show the world how awesome America is !

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: August 17, 2022 11:03AM

Well they are geezers so sending each other on missions so they can marry each others wives isn't likely a factor.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 17, 2022 01:53PM

Isn't it a foundational mormon truth that ghawd will never allow a mormon prophet to lead the church astray?

Thus, no man would be called to be an apostle who would do such a thing. It's nice that ghawd can be relied on in this way.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: August 17, 2022 04:14PM

I almost got exxed one time i am sure because a stake high councilman was preach you must go on a mission and from the audiens I blurted out where did you go?
HE HAD NOT SERVED A MISSION!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.