Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cauda ( )
Date: September 16, 2022 05:54AM

To much stress now. Family problems, lots of traumatic memories just hammering in the head, going to a stressed workplace, inflation going up, political shift in society. Have a hard time sleeping well and getting a bit dazed and powerless at work. Still love the job. So I asked my doc to prescribe a pack of sleeping pills.

Do you resort to sleeping pills sometimes?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: blackcoatsdaughter ( )
Date: September 16, 2022 09:14AM

On rare occasion I'll take half a Benadryl before bed. But that's only if I really need to sleep the whole night and I anticipate trouble doing so. Because Benadryl gives me trouble waking up in the morning. Not much but it's not a good feeling waking up groggy still.

Most of the time, I rely on good diet and a bit of exercise to help my rhythms.

Date: September 16, 2022 09:30AM

Hello blackcoatsdaughter

After reading your post it seems to be a great idea not to take the pills before a work day. Do the grogginess go away later in the day?

Posted by: blackcoatsdaughter ( )
Date: September 16, 2022 09:42AM

For me, usually after I get up, the grogginess fades. But 1. I'm a morning person, through and through. I get up at 6 every day, even weekends, and I start slowly losing function about 8:30 p.m. so I usually need to hit bed by 9:30-10 because I'm just utterly useless at that point.

And 2. Benadryl is a pretty soft touch as far as sleeping aids go(Melatonin is softer which is why I don't take that; sometimes Melatonin works for me, sometimes it doesn't). And I only take one pink pill broken in half. So when I say I wake up groggy, I just mean I feel the actual process of waking up and deciding to get OUT of bed is a bit harder. But once I'm out of covers and walking around, I don't typically feel sleepy anymore.

Date: September 18, 2022 09:30AM

Hello blackcoatsdaughter

Thank you for sharing your experience. When I get the box of pills I will look at my calendar to find the best day to take the pill. Need to check how I feel the day after. Do not want to be tired at work.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: September 16, 2022 09:30AM

I haven't, but I have been on a couple flights to Europe where I sure could have used one. I am tall enough that airline cattle-car seats border on cruel and unusual punishment.

I had pretty bad insomnia during the early part of the pandemic, but I am retired, so no work life to deal with. I could nap whenever. Had I been working, I probably would have sought medical treatment. It finally resolved itself, but it did take several months.

Date: September 16, 2022 09:34AM

Hello Brother of Jerry

The work situation is very crucial. If the work does not work it just adds more stress and after reading your post I feel it is the right choice to take sleeping pills. Told the doc that I only need on package because I do not want the pills to become regular in my life.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: September 17, 2022 12:09AM

Reading from the Book of Mormon renders me unconscious faster than a punch from Mike Tyson.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: September 17, 2022 05:31AM

A crappy audio version will either make you want to run from it or put you to sleep.

Date: September 18, 2022 03:28AM

Hello bradley and Rubicon

My blood pressure would go up. But it may work for some people.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 17, 2022 12:23AM

I swear by them.

Date: September 18, 2022 03:27AM

Hello Dave the Atheist

They really come in handy sometimes.

Date: September 17, 2022 05:30AM

Thomas Chong's Nice Dreams CBD sleep aid and some chill music works pretty well. Just chill out before you go to bed. Leave the day behind you and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

Date: September 18, 2022 03:25AM

Hello Rubicon

CBD is not really legal here in Sweden. I think people can get it prescribed though if you really have pain and do not want to take opiates against the pain.

Date: September 18, 2022 05:20PM

Crazy. You can get CBD in Utah. In fact Thomas Chong makes his CBD products in Pleasant Grove, Utah.

No high in CBD. Very little THC in it.

Date: September 18, 2022 05:27PM

CBD is mild stuff. Some say it helps with arthritis and muscle stiffness. For me I find it helps me relax and think more clearly. I know computer programmers who swear the write code better after taking CBD. Another thing to try is Ashwagandha. It can help you relax and it’s cheaper than CBD.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 17, 2022 08:01AM

I used to take Benadryl for allergies. Those pills gave me very vivid dreams, but left me feeling too groggy in the morning. Now I have a glass of milk and a cookie before bed. The snack makes me feel sleepy.

You might try listening to something like nature sounds as you fall asleep. There is the "Calm" app, and also CDs.

Date: September 18, 2022 03:23AM

Hello summer

Tried listening to smooth music yesterday and it was soothing. These past two days I have treated myself with a brisk morning walk and then to stay laid down on the bed for hours. It is good to add listening to smooth music to the health regime.

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: September 26, 2022 11:17PM

Benadryl will knock you on your butt, however you will sleep. My mother used to give it to me on Girl Scout overnights, she had the “good child” who slept.

Posted by: lapsed2 ( )
Date: September 17, 2022 05:45PM

Melatonin Gummies work well for me.

Date: September 18, 2022 03:20AM

Hello lapsed2

Looked the gummies up and it seems to me that gummies are on the pharmacy. Will look it up.

Date: September 18, 2022 05:32PM

A good melatonin product can work well. I found after awhile it hits diminishing returns by being less effective. Good for short term treatment though.

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: September 18, 2022 03:44PM

For me, they took too long to kick in to be of any use.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: September 18, 2022 03:59PM

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: September 18, 2022 04:53PM

the question ~

for all exmos is ~

'did OPie bring enough for the rest of the class ?" ~

Date: September 18, 2022 08:54PM

Best before bed is a good screw and a snifter of Martell Cordon Bleu.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 21, 2022 02:31PM

150 mg Trazodone

Date: September 23, 2022 06:13AM

Hello everybody!

Tried taking the pills for two nights. Worked really great! But caught a cold during the trials and felt a bit dazed at the third day after taking the second pill. Now I will save the pills until there is a need again.

Zopiclone was the drug.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: September 27, 2022 12:39AM

I am glad you got some relief. Be careful using them while you are taking ANYTHING else. Remember the same for herbals. I use a liquid when I get really desperate because I can take just a partial dose. I tried every herbal and every trick and nothing worked for me. It can cause me to have vivid dreams so I really have to be DESPERATE! https://www.walmart.com/ip/Equate-Alcohol-Free-Nighttime-Sleep-Aid-Berry-Flavor-12-fl-oz/512108714

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 27, 2022 12:54AM

The active ingredient in Equate is the same as in Benedryl.

When you take one 50 mg dose of Equate, you are consuming the equivalent of two Benedryl tablets.

Date: September 27, 2022 01:07AM

Correct but I like the liquid and it's berry flavored!

Date: September 27, 2022 01:16AM

Well then you're in luck.

Children's Benedryl comes in Bubble Gum, Cherry, and Berry flavors: everything the discerning woman could ever want!

Date: September 27, 2022 01:31AM

This is cheaper. I need to save money so I can buy more craft crap and dog dresses.

Date: September 27, 2022 01:41AM

Yes, it is cheaper. And nothing should get in the way of craft crap!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.