Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 04, 2022 06:20PM

I gotz ta know!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 04, 2022 06:26PM

...and give up being Mrs. Rusty Nelson? *Never.* She's going to enjoy her widowhood.

Date: October 04, 2022 06:32PM

There are a couple of single gentlemen golfers in my group who are getting worn out being friends with widows in their retirement communities.

The stories these guys tell are outrageous in terms of how bold some widows are.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: October 05, 2022 12:15AM

thats gross OPie ~

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 05, 2022 12:57AM

They need a pool like in the movie "Cocoon".

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: October 06, 2022 09:25PM

Opie directed that movie!

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 04, 2022 06:32PM

Not long. Russ is now having to use a chair while he speaks. He's slowing down.

When a rich apostle has romantic interest in you and you are a person like Wendy how could you resist? Of course you are going to marry the guy but he will die, she will inherit his wealth and have the legacy of being a prophet's wife.

Wendy and Sherri Dew then can get married in a secret but sacred service in the temple only offered to those who have had their second anointing.

Date: October 04, 2022 06:33PM

...lot of giggling during the Third Anointing!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 04, 2022 06:39PM

I hear she likes the moderately tall, dark, quiet type.

You may have a chance!

Posted by: skp ( )
Date: October 04, 2022 06:48PM

What mystifies me is why she married him in the first place. Did she think it was a free pass to "eGg-SaLt-TaTiOn"? Is she just an attention-seeker? A glory-digger? Did an angel with a flaming sword threaten to kill Rusty unless she said "I do"?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2022 06:51PM by skp.

Date: October 05, 2022 03:46AM

I get being a money digger. I don’t think that’s Wendy’s game. But marring someone 30 years senior to you is just weird. A police officer friend of mine worked a security detail at a temple dedication celebration where Henry Eyring was in attendance. He said some of the members were nuts trying to get to get to Eyring like he was some celebrity and some were even telling lies trying to get in the VIP seating close to the stage. He said it kind of discouraged him. He thought the members were better than that. He said some just go nuts for church leaders and will even lie to you saying they are a relative trying to get past you.

So maybe Wendy is star struck. When she had the chance to marry an apostle she did it. Would she have done the same for any of the other apostles? This isn’t normal behavior. My mom calLed Wendy a trophy wife jokingly. Even my u er TBM sister thinks the age difference is wierd.

Anyways Russ and Wendy are strange ones. When Russ goes the next prophet is going to curse him. He will have a huge list of temples he will be stuck having to build. Maybe he will call all those temple announcements a victory for Satan and do always with the list.

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: October 04, 2022 06:57PM

Tinder now.

"Senior female expects to become available any moment. Does your pen.. light up? Let's talk."

Posted by: dogbloggernli ( )
Date: October 04, 2022 07:41PM

Who says she ever stopped? If you believe the nefariour rumour gossipers about her and Sheri Dew. I neither believe nor disbelieve, pending actual evidence.

Date: October 05, 2022 03:52AM

Church members are capable of anything. The second anointing is basically a free hall pass to do anything you want. If Wendy wants to be a carpet muncher she can. She has her calling and election made sure.

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: October 04, 2022 07:44PM

What is your status in the "Not Even Once Club"?

Date: October 04, 2022 07:53PM

I want to think I’m in the “Not Even a Million Times Club”. . .

Date: October 04, 2022 11:29PM

Then I think you will need to give up the dreams with Auntie Wendy. But from this talk, I think you are better off without her, even after Uncle Russ passes into the great beyond.

She has 4 truths for all of us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlBE59Kipxo

Me thinks you will reconsider what might be with that hot mess after the inevitable happens to Rusty.

Date: October 05, 2022 04:06AM

Wendy says to have a good marriage you need to have a threesome with the Holy Ghost. Kinky.

Date: October 05, 2022 11:12AM

Maybe in her universe Sheri is the Holy Ghost.

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: October 08, 2022 09:04AM

Can you believe she said that? I wonder when I saw her, and she did talk, at a conference years ago I attended, if what we see in the media is all show. She taught family relations etc. at a university. She should know better than to confuse Church members about sex. I think she is on one big ego trip. Sorry I did not follow Dusty's counsel from conference and I am judging. So I wonder. I had enough problems in the bedroom with my wife wearing garments. I do not need a member of the Godhead being their too!!!

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: October 04, 2022 11:57PM

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 05, 2022 01:07AM

Doesn't she already have a girlfriend/bossum buddy?

Posted by: The original MOI! ( )
Date: October 05, 2022 10:44AM

Maybe she'll show how much she really loves her home town and retire there?

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 06, 2022 12:32PM

Now that would be interesting! I wonder if The Burger Baron would name a burger after her! ....and would Wendy's sue for copyright infringement? Lolol

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: October 05, 2022 10:33AM

Posted by: unravellingthefaith ( )
Date: October 05, 2022 12:53PM

FYI, this was an interaction with one of the wives of a President of the Seventy, very well-known:

My mom had died a few years ago, and my dad, who has held a lot of leadership positions (Bishop, SP, temple leadership locally, etc.), was now a widower.
This woman in our ward was very direct and outspoken. She was married to a President of the Seventy guys. It was now her personal mission in life to find my dad a new wife. I mean, she was relentless.

After a few years, this woman's husband also died. After a sufficient mourning period, I joked with her that she was so adamant about my dad remarrying, that I now owed it to her to find her a new husband. She actually chided me and said, "no no, wives of the General Authorities do NOT remarry. That is an unwritten rule".

I was so pissed and incensed at this unwritten rule---how screwed up is this religion with its stupid social rules?

Posted by: I ( )
Date: October 07, 2022 11:33PM

As soon as he passes the sacrament, but not before he passes wind... and just after he passes on

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.