Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 08, 2022 09:30AM

The above-noted fact is scandalous, given that the Persians 'invented' ice cream over 2500 years ago.  Jesus may well have broken his 30-day fast with olive ice cream...  YUM!

Will there be ice cream and other sweet confections in the Hereafter, or as I call it, the WheneverThen?

Although I still don't have an answer for what ghawds live on...

Will ghawds just absorb energy from the Quantum Foam that insulates reality?  Or does 'sleep' exist in our world because 'sleep' is also a necessary state of being for all sentients?

Also, I can recall times in my life when 'horny' was a motivation and I would get dressed and cruise Fremont St., looking for horn honkers.  Okay, that's not true.  One NEVER cruised Fremont St. alone.

Which reminds me:  Remember bench seating?  For you kids, it used to be that cars and trucks had a bench seat (think sofa...) in the front, and so three adults could sit side by side by side.  Where was the shifter?  It was on the steering column! Seriously!!

This 'sofa' seating allowed your date to cozy up to you, thus showing the world that you two were an item, versus having her sit next to the door.

So remember when Ziller was driving me and Roy G Biv over to the Blue Angel drive-in to get burgers, and we were all in the front
seat, with Roy in the middle, and when we entered the Blue Angel parking lot, I said, "drat, my shoelace is untied!" and I bent over as if to tie the shoelace, which created the visual picture of Ziller and Roy G Biv sitting alone in the car, side by side, as if they were going steady, and everyone started hooting and hollering at them?

Yeah, good times!

And then to make it up to them, I bought them strawberry shakes ...  It cost me a total of $2.65 for those three large strawberry shakes.  This creates the impression that having food cost so much has made alternative lifestyles acceptable.

I call it quid pro whore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: October 08, 2022 10:47AM

Hopefully there's plenty of sweet and fattening treats in the hereafter. The nice thing is you will be able to eat all you want without worrying about ruining your health because you're already dead.

I'll take chocolate rather than strawberry.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 08, 2022 11:26AM

The amount of recipes for ice cream in the Sealed Portion of the BoM is staggering--and did you know Curelom-shaped cakes actually were very popular at Nephite birthday parties?

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 08, 2022 03:14PM

Not to be confused with curelom pies, the main ingredient in gospel doctrine.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 08, 2022 12:56PM

Banana ice-cream is Heavenly Mother’s favorite

just sayin’, but that’s the truth!

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 08, 2022 01:20PM

Always up for a trip down memory lane. Mine would be in my "52 Plymouth Cranbrook four door sedan that was like driving around in your living room. My grandmother's old car I got at 16 and definitely was not cool what with the others having Mustangs and GTO's but we had a blast. Original suggested retail price of $1929.00.

Had to laugh. Three on a bench seat and the person by the door loved to duck down and make the other two look like they were together---The one in the middle punching the other on the back demanding he sit up dammit. Good times.

I do find it odd that besides Strawberry Ice Cream there is no mention of tamales in the bible since they became a staple of all of Lehi's descendants here. Hard to understand how the "American Jews" went from Matzo balls and Gefilte Fish to tostadas and refried beans. But of course the Lord works in mysterious ways.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: October 08, 2022 03:02PM

Done & Done Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I do find it odd that besides Strawberry Ice Cream
> there is no mention of tamales in the bible since
> they became a staple of all of Lehi's descendants
> here. Hard to understand how the "American Jews"
> went from Matzo balls and Gefilte Fish to tostadas
> and refried beans. But of course the Lord works in
> mysterious ways.

Not hard to understand at all.

Matzo balls are sort of okay (but, for me, not the chicken soup they are in)...Gifilte fish is [my opinion] totally inedible.

The transition Ashkenazi (think German/Russian/similar European) Jewish cooking made towards Mexican/Spanish is "all in the family [history]."

A great percentage of people of Spanish/Mexican heritage also come from Jewish ancestry (in large part because of the Inquisition in Spain), and this inheritance keeps popping up...increasingly so in recent decades.

To a whole lot of Jews (whether they be Sephardi/"Spanish" descended or not), Mexican food IS "Jewish"!

At least on the West Coast of the USA. ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2022 04:32PM by Tevai.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 08, 2022 07:09PM

Mexican food is Jewish? I thought that was Chinese food.

;-)

Date: October 08, 2022 07:59PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
> Mexican food is Jewish? I thought that was
> Chinese food.
>
> ;-)

Mexican food: Left Coast

Chinese food: Right Coast

With liberal switchover in both cases.

:)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2022 08:00PM by Tevai.

Date: October 08, 2022 09:51PM

Well, I just had Jewish food.

I'll let you guess whether it was Left Coast or Right Coast.

Date: October 08, 2022 09:52PM

And no, I won't tell you whether I'm looking north or south.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 08, 2022 10:57PM

You might be talking about the Jaredites since corn and beans go back much further than 600 BCE. It could be that Matzoh didn't survive the journey in the barges and after a solid year of Gefilte fish they swore off the stuff forever.

Date: October 09, 2022 01:37PM

bradley Wrote:
> ...and after a solid year of Gefilte
> fish they swore off the stuff forever.

It took me ONE bite.

After that, it was "avoid this hideously horrid concoction at all costs" for me FOREVER.*

;)

*If I was actually, truly, genuinely, at that moment starving to death, I might make a one time exception.

Maybe.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: October 08, 2022 01:36PM

good times OPie ~

good times ~

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.