Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 11:18AM

TMZ did a segment yesterday on creative ways BYU students get around the honor code.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 11:20AM

For those of us who are not at BYU and don't watch TMZ, what is "soaking"?

Date: July 14, 2011 11:21AM

The moderators ask three questions:

Is it sex?
Is it satisfying?
Is it even possible?

Posted by: newcomer ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 11:28AM

"Soaking"--->Leaving the "sausage" in the oven without moving it around to get it fully "cooked" and stopping just before the "sausage" explodes.

Evidently, the "sausage" isn't cooked unless it "explodes."

Posted by: anon1234 ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 11:45AM

Sounds like Tantric Sex... (sex. sex. sex).
Didn't Sting one mention he lasted for 5 hours...

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 12:37PM

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 01:13PM

I've also seen it referred to as "floating". Both partners had damn better make sure at least that the guy has a condom on and the woman has been on birth-control pills for at least two months, if they use their brains!!!!!!!

Posted by: elee ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 11:28AM

http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsononhollywood/2011/07/13/tmz_sex_professor_harvey_levin_explains_soaking/#

"ok..soaking is when someone inserts his penis in a woman’s vagina but doesn’t move..byu students say it’s not sex. just like marinating meat"

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 11:29AM

There's also bagpiping which involves using the woman's armpit as a...yeah...

Posted by: Inverso ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 11:33AM

I only know of the kind of docking that requires at least one, um... intact man.

Date: July 14, 2011 11:34AM

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 01:01PM

One: Bagpiping is going to have me lauging for several days.

2: "Docking" or "Space Docking" (not the kind already described) is when an uncircumcised man places his foreskin over the head of a circumsised man's doodle.

The visual being similar to when a shuttle docks with a space station in the movies.

Date: July 14, 2011 01:03PM

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )

soaking, docking and bagpiping being the latest.

<< shakes head >>

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 11:46AM

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 01:37PM

I'm sorry, but this soaking business is not even remotely close to the most perverse fetish I've ever heard of. Pretty vanilla if you ask me.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )

...it must be true what some Baptists (like Bill Clinton) claim, that oral sex isn't really sex.

But I can't imagine "soaking" leading to anything but frustration, even if you had the iron will not to move either the meat or the oven.

Posted by: oddcouplet ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 11:37AM

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 11:43AM

Some church administrator somewhere is writing down yet *another* question for the temple recommend interview :-)

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 11:43AM

One can still have all kinds of dire consequences, of the "Accidents cause people" variety.

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 11:53AM

just one little slip, hello mommy & daddy.

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 11:57AM

from chlamidia to AIDS.

Did I mention crabs and scapies?

Explain that at BYU student health.

Date: July 14, 2011 11:47AM

Okay, i finished watching the whole segment--this was discussed a few months back under "floating". The show is pretty funny--a couple of people called in and said they have done it. One person called in and basically said sex activities at BYU are exagerated and blown out of proportion.

Posted by: Lissie ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 12:32PM

Link Please?

Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 11:57AM

The first time I heard about this, I wondered Wtf? Seriously, what the hell is point of letting the meat tude, just sit there. There is no pleasure for anyone, talk about a dead fish.

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 12:06PM

This is one of the most hilariously inappropriate thread of innuendos I've seen. I love the terminology.

On my mission I heard of a case of infedelity that went before the high council of Jehovah's Witnesses, and was deliberated at length. In the end, the divorce was denied because the husband did not go through the front door with his mistress, and thus it wasn't a case of "biblical copulation."

I wonder if TSCC will head that direction. But in the meanwhile, I'll laugh if the words "soaking" and "bagpiping" show up in the "For the Strength of Youth" pamphlet in the next few months.

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 01:12PM

Sounds like coitus interruptus to me.
Guess they are not familiar with the concept of pre-emission.

They are playing Vatican Roulette.

Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 01:15PM

Link to TMZ Live show that is mostly (but not all) about "soaking":
http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/13/tmz-live-woman-cuts-off-husbands-penis-kieu-becker-brooke-mueller-not-crack-pipe-marijuana-pipe-dog-the-bounty-hunter-fight-video/

You have to watch the entire video to get the whole story. (51:03)

Between discussions of "soaking" and "oral is moral" there's also a long discussion about a woman who cut off her husband's penis, a short interview with a football player, and the decision to drop the Dog the Bounty Hunter story because mormon sex habits are much more entertaining.

Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 01:37PM

A Molly Mormon, and former BYU student, who called in described having oral sex first until orgasm was achieved, and then switching to soaking.

So that's not exactly tantric.

Oral is moral.
Soaking is second.

The final Molly Mormon who called in denied the existence of any of these "urban legends" meant to show disrespect to all those nice mormon kids who just want to go to a college with a religious atmosphere.

Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 02:04PM

I think that would take an incredible amount of self control. Soaking with out moving? Wouldn't both partners have a hard time not moving? Plus I don't understand the benefit. Hmmmm

When I was on the mission I heard about "dry humping" happening at BYU. That consisted of all the movement with the body parts tucked safely inside clothing never to be removed. Apparently if people were really good at it both partners would achieve satisfaction.

This is sooooo weird!

Posted by: vasalissasdoll ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 02:46PM

There's no pleasure that could be gotten from that.

I never heard anything about it until a few months ago, either. I'm pretty sure it's an urban legend as much as anything. When I was going to BYU, the kids I knew were pretty adept at getting pleasure while bending the rules.

Posted by: brainfrees ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 02:47PM

where he basically said stimulating another's genitals with any of your own body parts, outside of marriage, was fornication (I'm paraphrasing and too lazy to look it up exactly). I was an RM at the time and remember the shock of some of the other RM's because they now had to confess "dry-humping." I think they even had "wet-humping," or something like that where action was skin to skin but not inserting. Soaking is a new one on me, and I can't see how they would rationalize that it's not a confession-level sin. Oral and masturbation were always considered confession-level sins.

If you're not familiar with how the church/BYU works, read on. Sins of a certain degree cannot be forgiven without confession, face-to-face with a bishop - and sometimes to a group of leaders. If you want to have a clear conscience, you can pretty much commit all the sins up to the point of a confession-level sin, then repent through prayer and take the sacrament on Sunday - bam! clean slate. Rinse, Repeat. However, if you "know" the clearing of a sin requires confession (intercourse, masturbation, petting, heavy petting, etc.) then you draw the line to avoid the humiliation and repercussion of confession (probation, dis-fellowship, excommunication, banned from the NCAA basketball team, kicked out of BYU, etc.). So if you do a bad one, your brain programming (conscience) will eat at you until you can't take it and you go to the bishop to clear your slate. Some people are less prone to their conscience and will wait for a major life-event to confess all, like before a mission, before marriage, death, etc. They have really cracked down though on pre-mission repentance, under the "raising the bar" baloney. Two things that happen especially at BYU are that the person(s) (in the tango) with the stronger programming will break down and confess first OR a witness, like a roommate, will rat them out. The BYU honor code actually imputes the sin to the witness if the witness does not report. So a witness may have the same pains of conscience until they report. When an LDS person confesses, the bishop will always try to find out if the tango partner is LDS, and if that person has confessed. If not, phone calls are made and a clerk schedules an appointment saying "the bishop wants to talk to you." The bishop can then ask the second person if there is anything they want to get off their chest. This usually sends the second person spiraling into confession. The bishop may even up the ante and feign that “the spirit of discernment” indicated to him that there was something that needed to be discussed.

So, the trick is really to find a sexually gratifying maneuver (for all participants) that doesn’t peak the confession meter in the brain. Therefore, the behavior of an LDS person seeking to obtain an out-of-marriage orgasm in a non-standard way, rather than being fetish behavior (as it may appear to an objective observer), is actually a conscience-rationalized confession-less solution. It is all the sad offspring from unprotected, non-consensual mind-fucking.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.