Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: carbuncle ( )
Date: October 27, 2022 09:53PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 27, 2022 11:29PM

“She is preceded in death by her husband…” dying by the same hand and gun.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 27, 2022 11:44PM

I was struck by that as well and thought the sentence might work better as . . .

"She is preceded in death by her husband by the 30 minutes she needed to get from his bloody corpse to the spot where she dispatched herself."

Crude, yes, but closer to the reality than the obituary's anodyne account.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 27, 2022 11:44PM

LOL.

I guess "She killed her husband before killing herself and enjoyed serving in the Primary as an active LDS member" was a little too honest for the obit.

Tragic story.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 28, 2022 12:19AM

There truly must be a tragic story behind those events.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 28, 2022 03:03AM

Sorry & regretful for all involved, Omitting comments about how the many disconnects between LDS claims & on-the-ground applications / leaders are isolated from real life, it trickles down to individuals who experience road bumps.

Stupid Cult does a Crappy Job of basic Right/Wrong

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 28, 2022 09:47AM

I can only imagine what this does to their children. We are empty nesters with kids who are young adults.

I feel for the children. Bless the beasts and their children.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 28, 2022 09:50AM

Families can be together forever with Smith and Wesson's plan

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 28, 2022 09:59AM

bradley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Families can be together forever with Smith and
> Wesson's plan

A big LIKE

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 28, 2022 10:35AM

Gun totin' Jesus would approve.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 28, 2022 09:59AM

He must have been quite the asshole to get sent directly to the Mormon CK.

Posted by: auntsukey ( )
Date: October 28, 2022 10:17AM

.......[she] served in numerous callings. Her favorite calling was serving in the Primary where she loved practicing her “edible object lessons.”

Wonder if one of those object lessons was cupcakes?

Posted by: Margie ( )
Date: October 28, 2022 11:06AM

auntsukey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ....... served in numerous callings. Her favorite
> calling was serving in the Primary where she loved
> practicing her “edible object lessons.”
>
> Wonder if one of those object lessons was
> cupcakes?

That is what I was wondering. I always thought that the LDS should give an object lesson to the boys, like don't be a licked hot dog, don't lick the mustard off of the hot dog.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 28, 2022 01:05PM

Love it.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 28, 2022 12:00PM

The Gallatin River valley/canyon that runs from Bozeman to West Yellowstone is pretty narrow. Much of it is national forest or national park land, with no residences, and the places that allow residences south of the town of Gallatin Gateway are quite narrow, right along the river and highway.

Abusers will sometimes pick remote housing to isolate their victims. Not saying that’s the case here, but the events certainly don’t eliminate that as a possibility. She was pretty upset about something.

The odd thing is that that reservoir she drove to is not an easy drive. She’d have to backtrack toward Bozeman, head over to a remote subdivision south of town, and up a narrow canyon road that may be unpaved. The drive had to take the better part of an hour. Was she just randomly running for the mountains? Was it an area the family frequented? I would guess the latter, but the question of why still remains.

Sacrament meeting will be pretty strained. This will be a serious shock to the entire ward.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 28, 2022 12:32PM

Brother Of Jerry Wrote:
--------------------------
>
> Sacrament meeting will be
> pretty strained. This will
> be a serious shock to the
> entire ward.
>

Yes, but fortunately the church is still Ŧřůĕ and this will all be worked out in the HereRaptor, by a loving ghawd or the appropriately assigned bishop's court.

Do you suppose their initial encounter in the HereRaptor was awkward or strained, or did he just tell his wife/murderer, "Hey, win some, lose some ..."?

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 28, 2022 03:55PM

Which reminds me, where's Raptor Jesus when you need him? We need an RFM equivalent of a Bat Symbol.

Posted by: montanadude ( )
Date: October 29, 2022 02:42PM

I didn't realize they were Mormons when the story recently broke. Montana has experienced an increase in murder/suicides that seemed to ramp up with Covid. My gut says she discovered the good doctor was making house calls for other services. Perhaps he was visiting the strip club that is just up the street.

Actually, it's not far from the reservoir where she killed herself from the murder scene at Gallatin Gateway. There is a backroad that connects you to Hylite Canyon and the reservoir. No more than 30 minutes.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: October 28, 2022 12:39PM

When the "husband" left, I was trying to figure out how I could get out of this mess. Suicide seemed the only option, but I couldn't leave my kids here with the baggage of a mother who committed suicide and I couldn't take them with me, so here I am. My kids have enough baggage to deal with.

It was about the time Andrea Yates killed her children. My feeling was that I couldn't protect them from their own father. I had just had my dog also get killed and he is what was keeping me from losing my mind.

Amazing what a negative impact, for me, the church causes.

It will be interesting to find out what is behind this story.

I watch too much Dateline, etc. I swear I've heard a story just like this on Dateline.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.