Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 30, 2022 03:09PM

If it’s in the scriptures … Isn’t it important for each individual to Know & Apply in their day-to-day life … Such As

KOLOB ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: November 30, 2022 03:32PM

Kolob Canyon is in Utah’s Dixie, the only part of Utah that grows cotton. I’m not sure what your complaint is.

Yes, the “experts” claim the sun is powered by hydrogen fusion into helium, but we, through the Grand Juju of continuing revelation know The Secret of the Bees, that the sun gets its light from Kolob, powered by cold fusion, and initiated by raising one’s right arm to the square.

Easy peasy.

Date: November 30, 2022 05:35PM

How am I (& others) supposed to use-apply integrate this Wonderful, Marvelous information regarding Kolob?

I'd think it important bc it's in scripture...

was I misinformed (Rick Blane in Casablanca)?

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: December 01, 2022 02:48AM

Behold, these are the teachings of Kolob.

Let him who has eyes to see and ears to hear understand.

First forget everything you learned in physics class. They taught you old sectarian notions the are false.

And it came to pass that Joseph, even Joseph Smith the seer, did understand and reveal to us the great teachings of Abraham, even Abraham who was a friend of God.

And it came to pass that Joseph learned the each star gets its light from another star that is greater than it in brillance and magnitude.

That star likewise gets its light from a more brilliant star until you come to Kolob which is near the throne of God and is the brightest star in creation.

The lesson is...there is always someone with more holiness and priesthood than you, and someone with more holiness and priesthood than them and so forth until you come to the prophet who has more priesthood than them all.

And as stars derive their light from a higher star, so should we derive our understanding and light from those over us.

Got it? Good, now go pray about it and see if the spirit will not bear witness that this is not true.

Date: December 01, 2022 03:01AM

I feel soooooo much better now, TYVM,Heartless
(btw, I don’t think you’re heartless)

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: December 01, 2022 11:43AM

If you go to Comi-cons and bring up Battle Star Galactica you can talk all you want about the lost tribes, Kobol, etc...both old and new version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XJ4-82JJ00

You can also speak with "The Expanse" enthusiasts who know all about the Mormons building the spaceship "The Nauvoo" to flee to Kolob.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KZRFIdbJzc

And of course the cult classic "Plan 10 From Outer Space"...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiVwtYsyNZ4

Date: December 01, 2022 12:16PM

The Trent Harris cult classic Plan 10 from Outer Space has been remastered and will be playing at the Broadway Theater in SLC starting Jan 6, 2023.

Learn the Secret of the Bees.

Posted by: Elder Brother ( )
Date: December 01, 2022 02:45PM

Don't forget one of the least-emphasized principles of the Gospel...
What things are called in other languages!

For example:
Shinehah, which is the sun
Kokob, which is star
Olea, which is the moon
Kokaubeam, which signifies stars, or all the great lights, which were in the firmament of heaven.

Isn't that fantastic!
Of course, it leads to a little bit of confusion when you have sentences like this:

"That you may have an understanding of these gods, I have given you the fashion of them in the figures at the beginning, which manner of figures is called by the Chaldeans Rahleenos, which signifies hieroglyphics."

Let's see..."hieroglyphics" is Greek for "sacred writing" and "Rahleenos" is Chaldean for "hieroglyphics".

So, the real translation of that sentence is:
"...which 'sacred writing' is called by the Chaldeans 'sacred writing', which signifies 'sacred writing'."

I would love to see that verse in the Greek Pearl of Great Price.

Date: December 01, 2022 05:16PM

Rahleenos are savory Mexican cheese pastries

Kokaubeam is a breakfast cereal.

Rameumpton is noodles with an egg on top.

Curelom is a large pig-like rodent. Makes a decent stew.

Posted by: Elder Brother ( )
Date: December 01, 2022 06:26PM

Since you mentioned curelom...

Imagine that you are Joseph Smith (with a 4th grade education) and you are writing stories...like a boy with a 4th grade education.

Things I thought were cool in 4th grade:
Egypt (especially Mummies)
Secret codes
Dinosaurs
Bigfoot
Outer Space
Cowboys & Indians
Pirates

Is it really any wonder that Joseph wrote the things he did?

As an adult, I still think some of those things are cool.
But, at least I'm smart enough to understand why nobody can figure out, "What is a curelom or cumom?"

They were supposedly domesticated animals...that have gone extinct.

That isn't how domesticated animals work, though.
In order to domesticate a species, you have to have a LOT of them ALL over the place for a very LONG time.
Then, you know...you're stuck with them.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: December 01, 2022 03:28PM

Why hasn't the prophet and the 15 request NASA, for a reasonable donation from the $100 billion bank account, to point the James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) to the inspired location of Kolob and a high resolution image of the icon of the COJCOLDS?

What a wonderful recruitment, conversion, faith sustaining moment that would be for the entire world!

Date: December 01, 2022 07:01PM

Kolob is made of more refined matter, and can only be seen with spiritual telescope mirrors.

C'mon. Even children know that.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: December 01, 2022 08:25PM

Dang, I've never been a real member of the clan, only second hand knowledge.

But thanks for this tidbit of info to add to my info on the beliefs.

Date: December 03, 2022 02:36AM

Tumwater-

Yeah, I agree that would be tough to top!

Stay clear of Snow & Ice, ok?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.