Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 30, 2022 09:24PM

What if the Mormon church used that billions hedge fund to engineer a virus that makes people want to do genealogy, pay to go out and bother people about it all around the world and fret about family and kin dead or alive too much?

https://www.sciencealert.com/a-strange-thing-happens-to-wolves-infected-by-infamous-mind-altering-parasite

Just imagine a mind altering parasite that needs to breed in humans with symbols on their underwear!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 30, 2022 09:27PM

Yikes. I just imagined independent artificial intelligent robots infected with Mormonism memes running around in the universe.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 30, 2022 09:31PM

You make a point for wondering just how soulless mormon leadership really is.  

Just exactly how much of their humanity did the Top Dogs give up in order to be allowed to ascend to their current heights?

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: November 30, 2022 09:36PM

So you drink from a cup in the temple and masonic welts appear on your skin?

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: November 30, 2022 10:03PM

You laugh. I just read an article about a couple of guys that because so unhinged about covid that they got a charter sailboat to take them somewhere in the South Pacific. I forgot which islands they were finally going to be allowed to resupply at, but they were so paranoid about having to submit to a nasal swab covid test that they jumped off the boat a mile or so from shore so they could swim in and avoid the test. They apparently drowned at sea.

They thought there were nanobots in the cotton fibers of the swab. Something like that.

And on a different note, aren't "religion" and "parasite" redundant in a lot of cases?

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: November 30, 2022 11:28PM

That Mormon virus may already be in circulation.
Believe it or not, I know several Mormons who have spent a lot of money to travel to foreign countries for the sole purpose of participating in a temple session that is the same as the temple session in their hometown.

Date: December 01, 2022 02:41AM

Maybe someday Jeff Bezos will offer a rocket ride to Kolob.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: December 01, 2022 08:31PM

I just learned. "Kolob is made of more refined matter, and can only be seen with spiritual telescope mirrors."

Don't think Bezos will have definable location.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: December 01, 2022 06:02AM

Maybe the best thing the church will leave is it’s genealogy database. Oddly motivated to be put together by some stupid temple program but the database is useful for research purposes.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: December 01, 2022 08:03AM

Merged with DNA profiles it is a wet dream for insurance companies.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 05, 2022 11:26AM

Some data is good; more data is better . . .

Date: December 05, 2022 12:08PM

Looking at their data there is a lot of bad data. They have my father in there data twice from a name change.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: December 01, 2022 11:50AM

>> ....a virus that makes people want to do genealogy, pay to go out and bother people about it all around the world and fret about family and kin dead or alive too much? <<

Isn't that what the Holy Ghost does?

The Holy Ghost must be a virus!

I just saved the church $100B.....I deserve a cut.

Date: December 01, 2022 12:30PM

Well they are giving it away wrong or it just doesn't take well. I gave it to a few people who got over the church real fast.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: December 01, 2022 03:33PM

When the weather gets warmer, it just goes away, like a miracle.

Date: December 01, 2022 07:01PM

Or not, like herpes.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: December 01, 2022 02:09PM

Let's throw in women in red capes for good measure. Get Greta Thunberg as narrator.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: December 05, 2022 01:29PM

The stakes have gone up since CGI became a thing and people don't know what is real and what isn't. Jesus is going to need the whole $100 billion to pull off his grand entrance for the second coming.

Some guy descending from the sky saying here I am follow me? No one is going to buy that. James Cameron, Spielberg, and even Cecil B. won't be enough to pull that off.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.