Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: PHIL ( )
Date: December 02, 2022 01:44PM

As long as the proclamation on the family is still valid, ain't gonna happen. If it did you would see a mass exodus of baby boomers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: December 03, 2022 01:38AM

Exactly.

Posted by: Honest TB[long] ( )
Date: December 02, 2022 10:18PM

I don't know that we teach that. It's more like a couplet than anything. But, I don't think about those things anyway.

Ever since I gained a powerful testimony of the Cheerios in Nursery I've gotten a washing (i.e. baptism by immersion not sprinkling) of my brain by the beloved Correlation program to think a peculiar way. And thus I just know to obey, obey, and think to obey.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 02, 2022 10:24PM

Wow. It's nice to see you here!

Posted by: Honest TB[long] ( )
Date: December 03, 2022 11:36AM

I'm glad to pop in on occasion and remind people of some things about how the wondrous Correlation program works to wash our brains by immersion in order to be peculiar thinkers. So many people don't seem to understand or they forget why [long] believers believe the way they think. So, I try to help remind them :)

Now some people do think I'm really a non-believer who is just using satire to poke fun at the Church and paint it as being really absurd. But, the only people who think that way are those who aren't 100% convinced that the Church is a super honest, forthright, transparent, and truthful organization. Well, that's silly because it obviously must be in order to be a true Church because to not be super honest, forthright, transparent, and truthful would be its untrue and that of course is an unthinkable thought. And why its unthinkable of course is that the Correlation program has hardwired my brain to only ever think about being much more obedient to the Church. Everything else is unthinkable. Only obedience is thinkable by a correlated peculiar brain of the good peculiar sheep.

So, as long as you are one of those who is 100% convinced that the Church is super honest then you won't need to think that I'm just satire. Thanks to the beloved Correlation program we'll know exactly what you are thinking - More Obedience :)

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 03, 2022 01:59PM

> Now some people do think I'm really a non-believer
> who is just using satire to poke fun at the Church
> and paint it as being really absurd.

No! Perish the thought!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 03, 2022 01:54AM

I could see the opposite happening, with the Mormon church doubling down. I think they'd rather have a smaller church in the Western world that caters to a specific sub-group.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: December 03, 2022 12:33PM

Lip Service. Every bit as effective as thoughts and prayers.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: December 03, 2022 01:23PM

It was a political horse trade. LDS Inc supported the bill as long as they got a guarantee added to the bill that protected BYU from losing federal funds for expelling students with a legal same-sex marriage.

They made essentially the same horse trade with a recent Utah law that protected homosexual applicants' job and housing rights, as long as religious institutions, including religious universities, could still discriminate.

That's a bargain they are willing to make.

ETA: Like their sex abuse hotline, their endorsement of the Respect fFor Marriage Act was done to protect the church, not to protect homosexuals.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2022 01:26PM by Brother Of Jerry.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.