Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: December 04, 2022 10:12AM

https://youtu.be/DG181zFA5YM

A PRofit of Gawd sticks his face in a hat and explains the magic rock was just like a smartphone, with a direct connection to Gawd!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2022 11:46AM by schrodingerscat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: squirrely ( )
Date: December 04, 2022 01:10PM

Rusty/Judge Smails from Caddy Shack does it again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clF05Nj_RBo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2022 01:19PM by squirrely.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 04, 2022 02:40PM

I think we'd all agree these have been challenging times & circumstances for Russ & ChurchCo, to wit:

- Wards & Stakes being combined, buildings sold Secondary to COVID, I believe

- The Don't use the word "Mormon" has all the appearances of Beating a Dead Horse.

- Clive Bundy is still out there, does he attend SM & other meetings?

- Rugged Individualism hasn't abated, especially in Idaho & other IMW places, NOT GOOD FOR CHURCHCO / Simon Says thinking-culture.

- Continuing sex scandals, TG none (?) of them reaching the GA level (yet or recently).

- The disclosure of the $ 100+ B piggy-bank wasn't exactly good PR, was it?

-Lori & Chad will be on the front pages 'from here to Eternity', Russ hopes they don't invoke the 'It will be OK in the hereafter' defense...

(am I missing any?)

Date: December 04, 2022 03:10PM

GNPE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> (am I missing any?)

Colorado MORmON shooting up a gay bar after Holland’s ‘Git yer muskets and defend yer Faith’ Nazi speech to BYU’s faculty after some gays lit up the Y in rainbow colors

All the blood on Mormon leaders hands from the depression, drug, suicide crisis among Utahns who feel ‘othered’ by Mormon teachings and hate speech in Mormon scriptures and speeches.

Posted by: Aaron ( )
Date: December 04, 2022 06:50PM

Rusty looks like Mr. Burns and apparently calls people on his rock. Just like Fred Flintstone.

Date: December 04, 2022 07:06PM

Mr. Burns has a talking pen that glows when it talks to him, maybe it’s just made out of a spent nuclear rod.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: December 05, 2022 10:23AM

Learning to operate a new smartphone can make a person feel dumb.

Can you imagine how dumb a person might feel trying to get a message out of a rock?

Date: December 05, 2022 10:31AM

No need to imagine how dumb a person would look trying to explain why they believe a message that nobody else could see that came from a magic rock, because Rusty the Clown (Don’t say MORmON) PRofit just showed us!

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: December 06, 2022 02:36AM

I find it amazing the most ridiculous prophet in my lifetime and probably during the church’s existence was a renowned heart Surgeon.

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: December 05, 2022 10:33AM

Amazing since they denied the rock in a hat process for a very long time and called it anti Mormon lies.

Posted by: want2bx ( )
Date: December 05, 2022 02:43PM

When I left the church almost nine years ago, I mentioned the rock and the hat story to my TBM husband. He was angry and asked where I found such a horrible anti-Mormon lie. In recent years, the church has been forced to be more transparent and now my husband claims that he has always known about the rock and the hat.

Date: December 05, 2022 03:02PM

Russ had grandiose ideas about restoring 'the gospel',, he's been on the cat bird seat for a long time; What happened to those thoughts & sayings he mentioned???

Date: December 05, 2022 09:38PM

GNPE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Russ had grandiose ideas about restoring 'the
> gospel',, he's been on the cat bird seat for a
> long time; What happened to those thoughts &
> sayings he mentioned???

How’d Mormons go from, ‘God told me through an ‘Urin and Thumbin’ (rock) to Rusty the Clown PRofit saying, “I saw it in a pm from God on my smart phone.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2022 09:39PM by schrodingerscat.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 05, 2022 09:51PM

I'm fascinated by the probably impossible-to-ever-know questioin of just how much influence Wendy & Sheri have on the »Rusty The Prophet Show« now playing on our ears and eyeballs.

Date: December 05, 2022 10:02PM

IMHO, the lacking / diverted Substance is much more important- significant than the means;

just me?

Posted by: onthedownlow ( )
Date: December 05, 2022 11:26PM

I got three older brothers that must be completely brain dead. Either that or they really don't read LDS.org, the standard works, or the Ensign. How can you not see how stupid this shift in explanation is? It's laughable how stupid these LDS leaders sound. They are like kids telling tall tales.

The church and the members are just messed up.

Date: December 06, 2022 02:32AM

When I was growing up in the church I never heard about the hat and seer stone. We were told Joseph used the urum and thumnum found with the golden plates. They apparently were specticals attached to a breast plate. They can’t even keep their bullshit consistent.

Date: December 06, 2022 08:31AM

Mormons are liars by omission

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 06, 2022 09:00AM

You have to hoodwink people very hard to convince them that Joseph was anything other than a con artist.

Posted by: Silence is Golden ( )
Date: December 06, 2022 11:18AM

What I really find interesting is this.

So the rock JS used was the one he used for treasure digging, of which he was officially convicted of per court records at the time.

So we are told to not seek riches on Earth, but instead seek the riches of heaven.

Therein lies one of the greatest contradictions to me, along with never using the supposed Gold plates for translation. This alone pretty well supports your observation of the con.

Date: December 06, 2022 03:14PM

Never underestimate the power of charisma, the need to belong and people desperately wanting what’s being promoted. People including people who are highly educated get duped all the time. Plenty of Joseph Smith’s in our world today but they tend to operate in other areas than religion.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.