Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 24, 2023 03:04PM

Naughty Cats will
              make you laugh !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vkrV3rVix8

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 24, 2023 03:43PM

I was hoping for a Simpsons clip.

:-(

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: January 24, 2023 03:12PM

Well, it's only 60 seconds to Mars, which is the next planet we'll destroy, so I'm taking off with Jared Leto.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: January 28, 2023 04:39PM

It takes light 3 minutes to get to Mars from here,
we can get half way to Mars before Doomsday if we move as fast as light!

https://www.space.com/24701-how-long-does-it-take-to-get-to-mars.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2023 04:40PM by schrodingerscat.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: January 24, 2023 06:33PM

OTOH, AOC prophesied, four years ago, that the world will end in eight years, giving us eight years more. She should know: She majored in economics at Boston University!

Date: January 24, 2023 06:37PM

Ah yes, the right wing proving yet again that they don't do irony.

"The election was rigged."

Date: January 24, 2023 10:51PM

Date: January 24, 2023 11:31PM

Please tell your dear wife that we feel deep, deep gratitude for her services to humanity.

Date: January 25, 2023 11:08AM

Watch it, or I'll tell everybody about the secret VPN you use to avidly follow Mormon mommy blogs.

Posted by: Anonymous Muser ( )
Date: January 26, 2023 01:59AM

She did no such thing, of course. This is the exact quote, easily found on the web.

"Millennials, and Gen z, and all these folks that come after us, are looking up and we're like 'the world will end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change, and your biggest issue is how are we gonna pay for it?'"

Hardly a "prophecy," more like a paraphrase of a UN report (probably another one of your bugaboos).

One more thing: AOC didn't just "major in economics." She graduated cum laude with a double major in economics and international relations, which is more than you've ever managed. Your hatred and envy of a younger woman far more accomplished and famous than you is obvious, as your repeated snide non sequiturs attest. (This observation goes for Greta Thunberg as well.)

And now you can't even do your non sequiturs properly (or basic arithmetic for that matter). Quoting you:

"four years ago, that the world will end in eight years, giving us eight years more"

4 + 8 doesn't equal 8. At least you can plausibly claim long-covid brain fog now.

Date: January 26, 2023 02:56AM

> Your
> hatred and envy of a younger woman far more
> accomplished and famous than you is obvious, as
> your repeated snide non sequiturs attest. (This
> observation goes for Greta Thunberg as well.)

Don't forget Kamala Harris. And of course it's not just women, as Colin Kapernick would attest if he were aware of caffiend's existence.

caffiend is a cultured and polished man, but some of his attributes are not endearing.

Date: February 04, 2023 07:15PM

caffiend Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OTOH, AOC prophesied, four years ago, that the
> world will end in eight years, giving us eight
> years more. She should know: She majored in
> economics at Boston University!

AOC in a Twitter War with MTG instead of having a grown up, moderated, (real) debate about our country’s gun violence problem, is pure Capitalism at its Zenith.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: January 25, 2023 07:33AM

Fake news. What could these so-called doomsayers actually know about existential threats? There was not a single mention of the Great Attractor, or of Giant Brine Shrimp.

Pffft.

I’ll start to worry when Marriott starts putting up dozens of hotels in Jackson County, MO.

Posted by: wondering ( )
Date: January 25, 2023 09:16AM

Probably got their information from Chad Daybell or dls church

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: January 25, 2023 09:56PM

the conventional threat is greater.

The Soviet Era is long gone. Most of the Russian military knows what the current situation is. They are in Ukraine because Putin wants Ukraine, and I'm not sure that they would actually carry out the order to nuke NYC, London, Paris, Rome, or Berlin -- at least without some resistance.

Ukraine was no real threat (militarily at least) to Russia. The "frozen conflict" in the Donbass was keeping Ukraine out of NATO (which wasn't all that keen on admitting them), and rampant corruption was keeping Ukraine out of the EU.

Putin invaded Ukraine to stop democracy in next door Ukraine. Take a look at any of the depressing videos on YouTube from young people in the small towns and villages far from Moscow or St. Petersburg, and you'll instantly understand why Putin doesn't want democracy in Russia. Democracy would be the end of Vlad from Leningrad and his kleptocrat oligarch buddies. Putin thought he could just go in like Hungary 1956, decapitate the government, install a stooge, and become the next Tsar of all the Russias. But Putin's army wasn't the Red Army of yesteryear, and corruption and mismanagement were bigger threats than enemy bombs or bullets.

I'm more worried about Putin sending a sub to torpedo a cargo ship in the Atlantic like Germany in WW I or II, a cyberattack, or stirring up trouble in Latin America, the Balkans, or Africa than I am about a nuclear attack. Yes, it's possible, but I don't think so. Putin isn't suicidal. America has nuclear weapons too -- and ours work.

Date: January 25, 2023 10:13PM

Three points, none of which contradict your assumption that there will not be a wider nuclear war.

1) You confuse two different explanations for Putin's actions. On the one had you say he felt threatened by Ukrainian democracy, then on the other you say taht he wanted to become "Tsar of all the Russias." The latter is, I think, correct; as he said in his 2007 security speech and evidenced in his wars in Chechnya, Georgia, and 2014 Ukraine and the Crimea. Putin's aim has for a couple of decades been the reconstruction of the historical Russian/SU empire.

2) Russia's army in fact *is* "the Red Army of yesteryear." the tactics are those of almost any Russian adventure since 1941 and the equipment and training have not improved since the Chechnyan and Georgian conflicts.

3) I think you are painting with too broad a brush when you say that Russia might use a torpedo attack, cyber action, or a new theater to undermine the West. In the first place, he has sabotaged European energy infrastructure and he has launched cyberattacks. In the second--and this matters--the use of a tactical nuclear weapon, a dirty bomb, or an accident at a nuclear facility in Ukraine would terrorize Eastern Europe and the West but would not trigger a nuclear response from NATO.

As Putin demonstrated when he authorized the use of chemical weapons in Syria in 2014, the world differentiates between the use of WMD in a war zone and their employment against another great power.

Date: January 25, 2023 10:54PM

But I don't think he'll risk nuclear war.

As far as the Russian Army goes, the state of corruption was/is almost mind-boggling. Spare parts were sold off under the table and only existed on paper. The same goes for fuel and combat-ready aircraft. They don't even have enough uniforms, rifles, or ammunition. And yes, they are using stocks left over from the 1940s and 1950s. If you mean Stalingrad-style "human wave" cannon fodder attacks to wear down the Ukrainians, yes they are doing that too. But this is 2023, not 1943.

Here's the deal:

Bullies rule through fear. They'll keep on doing what they're doing unless you stand up to them. Putin is not only attacking Ukraine, he's trying to undermine democracy here at home and in other Western countries.

Putin was a street kid from what was then Leningrad (or Georgia if you believe the woman -- who hasn't been whacked yet -- who says she's his mom) who had dreams of being a KGB spy. His grandpa had connections to Stalin, and somehow he got into university and law school. He got as far as lieutenant colonel, and probably would have retired as one had it not been for the downfall of the USSR. He wants the pomp of the USSR back for emotional reasons. But, if what I read is correct, democracy in Russia is more of a threat to him and his kleptocratic friends than anything else. If this was a war to prevent NATO from being on Putin's front porch, it's backfired, and whatever Slavic brotherhood there was between Ukraine and Russia is long gone. Burning towns and bombing cities has a way of changing people's minds.

I'm not saying there's no worry or concern -- just that it's unlikely that Putin will launch a nuclear strike. There would have to be a wider conventional war before that happens. Blackmail with oil and gas has failed, will he threaten to let a nuclear plant meltdown? Could Putin become so unhinged and so scared of losing (his head) that he'd do something crazy. Maybe. But there is so much discontent in the inner circle that they might make him retire to his palace on the Black Sea or put polonium in his tea before things get really desperate.

Date: January 25, 2023 11:05PM

Putin and his oligarchs have plenty of prisoners who want a way out of prison, so they fight for their freedom and don’t mind committing war crimes for the hope of getting free from prison, then war, by any means necessary, dead or alive.
I’m rooting for Ukraine, mainly because of the principle.
Putin invading Ukraine seems too much like Hitler, invading Poland, pretty soon it’s Paris,

Good thing Hitler didn’t have nukes or then London, then NY, then my hometown and I never would have been born.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2023 11:06PM by schrodingerscat.

Date: January 25, 2023 11:06PM

Oh, I think your last sentence is exactly where things have gone. That's the key variable.

If this were in the first month of the war or if he can somehow circumvent the opposition of some of his generals, I think there's a good chance he'll use a tactical nuclear weapon in eastern Ukraine. Soviet military strategy has always insisted that there is no distinction between conventional warfare and tactical nuclear warfare.

And as a practical matter I think that doctrine is correct. Would Washington would launch an intercontinental ballistic war because a nuclear artillery shell exploded in the outskirts of Kharkiv? The US certainly did not when banned WMD were used in Chechnya, Georgia, and Syria. So I don't think nuclear deterrence is the issue in the Kremlin.

The real question is whether Moscow wants to risk what the US has stated as a credible threat; to react to the employment of nucs by destroying the entire Russian military in Ukraine and the Black Sea. That would leave Russia a third-rate power.

Perhaps the Kremlin will let Putin roll the dice, as it did Krushchev in the Bay of Pigs confrontation. But were that to fail, there would probably ensue a decent interval after which Putin would follow Krushchev into an early retirement. One can only hope that there is sufficient polonium in Sochi to solve the problem in an enduring fashion.

Date: January 25, 2023 11:32PM

So far, Biden and the other Western leaders have been very cautious. They've given every chance for Putin to negotiate. It should be clear now that Putin doesn't want to negotiate -- remember the "it's your duty, my beauty" rape quote? The West has been unwilling to give Ukraine the heavy weapons to force Putin out, but that's changed. Ukraine can win if we want them to, and if we give them the tools to finish the job.

Russia gave planes, tanks, guns, and missiles to North Korea and North Vietnam, and the US didn't attack the supply ships and trains. Would Putin? Who knows, but I think he's rational enough not to -- for now.

The main point is that the invasion was the gamble, and it didn't work. Putin is buying time for Trump and the repubs to cut off the flow of weapons to Ukraine, but I think there is too much popular support for the Ukrainian cause now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2023 11:34PM by anybody.

Date: January 25, 2023 11:58PM

Putin has offered to negotiate several times. It is entirely in his interests to do so both to gain time and to drive a wedge between Ukraine and the West.

NATO has not offered or encouraged talks with Moscow. The alliance has only stated that it is up to Kyiv to determine Ukraine's fate.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: January 30, 2023 05:22AM

"One can only hope that there is sufficient polonium in Sochi to solve the problem in an enduring fashion."

I suspected you had some old school Mormon left in you.

The problem that Washington faces, and it is the financial equivalent of nuclear war, is the end of the great Ponzi scheme called dollar hegemony. The failure of massive sanctions to put a dent in Russian war production has revealed US financial power to be a paper tiger. The jig is up and the empire is in a panic.

There will always be war mongers, but with the Rand corporation pushing for a peaceful resolution the writing is on the wall. Nobody's going to start a nuclear war when they can move their money. For those who live here, such capital flight will exacerbate the austerity of a much reduced economy. In the long term, the US will be better off because it will return to a real economy.

Date: January 30, 2023 06:18AM

> I suspected you had some old school Mormon left in
> you.

That's an interesting observation. But it has nothing to do with the quotation you cite or with anything that follows in the rest of your post. It's just a gratuitous insult hanging there in the air for a few seconds as everyone stares at you and waits for the odor to dissipate.

---------------
> The problem that Washington faces, and it is the
> financial equivalent of nuclear war, is the end of
> the great Ponzi scheme called dollar hegemony.

Hmm. Can you explain how the dollar standard is a ponzi scheme? And was that true of the pound standard as well? Yes? No? Also, what is China doing with RMB invoicing of oil right now and how does that relate to "dollar hegemony?"

I ask because I can't believe you would be throwing around terms that you don't understand.

----------------
> The
> failure of massive sanctions to put a dent in
> Russian war production has revealed US financial
> power to be a paper tiger.

That's a silly thing to say, isn't it bradley? Russia has lost over half of its conventional weaponry and has not been able to replace it because of sanctions. How exactly does that make the US "a paper tiger?"

Or is your comment independent of military and financial (see below) facts?

------------
> The jig is up and the
> empire is in a panic.

Oh, that's true--but the panicky one is not the "empire" you have in mind.

-----------------
> There will always be war mongers, but with the
> Rand corporation pushing for a peaceful resolution
> the writing is on the wall.

Rand Corporation?

I presume you mean Samuel Charap's blog, which is actually a restatement of his article in Foreign Affairs and in any case does not enjoy Rand's imprimatur. It's just his opinion and it doesn't even "push for a peaceful resolution" as you allege. It only says what, in the author's opinion, a peaceful resolution might look like.

Or do you have something else in mind? If you have something from Rand that that says what you claim, by all means let's see it.

---------------
> Nobody's going to
> start a nuclear war when they can move their
> money.

Surely that logic applies to all forms of war, does it not? Or do you think nuclear war differs in that way from wars using chemical and biological WMD? What about conventional warfare? Does financial interdependence deter aggression? Before answering, you might want to reread Norman Angell's The Great Illusion, which was the first attempt at your argument here. Sadly, it went up in a puff of smoke when a few months after its final edition World War One broke out.

But hey, maybe everything is different now.

-------------
> For those who live here, such capital
> flight will exacerbate the austerity of a much
> reduced economy.

And yet when wars or economic disasters occur, the flight to safety brings that capital into the United States--even when the disaster starts in this country. Why? Because anything that hurts the US economy has an amplified effect on the rest of the world.

You can check that out. Go back and look at what happened when the subprime crisis occurred: the dollar strengthened due to capital inflows. And compare what has happened to the dollar and to the ruble since the beginning of the Ukraine war: massive dollar appreciation both absolutely and relatively.

So what is it that the facts don't understand? Why do they refuse so stubbornly to do as you demand? I think you should consider giving them a time out.

--------------------
> In the long term, the US will be
> better off because it will return to a real
> economy.

Ah yes. The US doesn't have a "real economy" now and would gain one if nuclear war occurred. Hmm. "Real economy" is an actual term; it is used all the time by people who work in economics and finance, and business--even in financial journalism. But it doesn't mean what you think it does.

I admire your courage, bradley. Most people would remain silent or perhaps bone up a bit before going out on a limb by saying absurd things like you so frequently do. It takes true grit to display your ignorance with such aplomb.

But hey, what do I know? I think like a Mormon.

Date: January 26, 2023 01:22AM

as a pretext for negotiations — which he knows Zelensky won't accept, nor would the Ukrainian people.

Date: January 26, 2023 01:27AM

True. Putin has also called for negotiations over a ceasefire and several other things--these without any preconditions.

NATO has not urged Ukraine to entertain any of those offers or to suggest any sort of talks to Russia. The whole point of the war is to let the Ukrainians decide their own future, and Western intervention would contravene that objective.

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: January 26, 2023 12:56PM

I have lived through enough "end of humanity" moments in my life not to pay much attention when another comes along. I have seen myself as a child more than once in images from Ukraine. I think the so-called clock was closer to the hour during the Cuban missile crisis than it is now and it was ticking louder as Russian ships carrying more missiles approached Cuba. If it is going to strike the hour I hope it can wait until after August and possibly my last visit to the *other Eden". A "moat defensive as a wall" would not be so valuable in the event of nuclear attack. Ain't life exciting.

Date: January 26, 2023 07:47PM

I am no more concerned about doomsday today than I was when this same sad group said we had 100 seconds till midnight last year. So if we keep going at this rate, we’ve got 9 yrs, till 2032 before the big clock strikes midnight.
Well, it was a great run for the evolution of life for 3 billion yrs, but 1/3 of the way through the 21stC was all she wrote!

Date: January 26, 2023 08:35PM

"I am no more concerned about the doomsday clock than I am about buying another cow."

--The Prophet Schrödingerscat

Date: January 26, 2023 08:36PM

There have been several incidents that almost triggered an accidental nuclear war -- but fortunately, common sense prevailed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Soviet_nuclear_false_alarm_incident

On 26 September 1983, Stanislav Petrov, a lieutenant colonel in the Soviet Air Defense Forces, was the officer on duty at the Serpukhov-15 bunker near Moscow which housed the command center of the Soviet early warning satellites, code-named Oko.[10] Petrov's responsibilities included observing the satellite early-warning network and notifying his superiors of any impending nuclear missile attack against the Soviet Union. If notification was received from the early-warning systems that inbound missiles had been detected, the Soviet Union's strategy was an immediate and compulsory nuclear counter-attack against the United States (launch on warning), specified in the doctrine of mutual assured destruction.[11]

Shortly after midnight, the bunker's computers reported that one intercontinental ballistic missile was heading toward the Soviet Union from the United States. Petrov considered the detection a computer error, since a first-strike nuclear attack by the United States was likely to involve hundreds of simultaneous missile launches in order to disable any Soviet means of a counterattack. Furthermore, the satellite system's reliability had been questioned in the past.[12] Petrov dismissed the warning as a false alarm, though accounts of the event differ as to whether he notified his superiors[11] or not[8][full citation needed] after he concluded that the computer detections were false and that no missile had been launched. Petrov's suspicion that the warning system was malfunctioning was confirmed when no missile in fact arrived. Later, the computers identified four additional missiles in the air, all directed towards the Soviet Union. Petrov suspected that the computer system was malfunctioning again, despite having no direct means to confirm this.[13] The Soviet Union's land radar was incapable of detecting missiles beyond the horizon.[12]

It was subsequently determined that the false alarms were caused by a rare alignment of sunlight on high-altitude clouds and the satellites' Molniya orbits,[14] an error later corrected by cross-referencing a geostationary satellite.[15]

In explaining the factors leading to his decision, Petrov cited his belief and training that any U.S. first strike would be massive, so five missiles seemed an illogical start.[11] In addition, the launch detection system was new and in his view not yet wholly trustworthy, while ground radar had failed to pick up corroborative evidence even after several minutes of the false alarm.[12]

Petrov underwent intense questioning by his superiors about his actions. Initially, he was praised for his decision.[11] General Yuri Votintsev, then commander of the Soviet Air Defense's Missile Defense Units, who was the first to hear Petrov's report of the incident (and the first to reveal it to the public in 1998), stated that Petrov's "correct actions" were "duly noted."[11] Petrov himself stated he was initially praised by Votintsev and was promised a reward,[11][16] but recalled that he was also reprimanded for improper filing of paperwork with the pretext that he had not described the incident in the military diary.[16][17]

He received no reward. According to Petrov, this was because the incident and other bugs found in the missile detection system embarrassed his superiors and the influential scientists who were responsible for it, so that if he had been officially rewarded, they would have had to be punished.[11][16][17][18] He was reassigned to a less sensitive post,[17] took early retirement (although he emphasized that he was not "forced out" of the army, as is sometimes claimed by Western sources),[16] and suffered a nervous breakdown.[17]

Oleg Kalugin, a former KGB chief of foreign counter-intelligence who knew Soviet leader Yuri Andropov well, said that Andropov's distrust of American leaders was profound. It was conceivable that if Petrov had declared the satellite warnings valid, such an erroneous report could have provoked the Soviet leadership into becoming bellicose. Kalugin said: "The danger was in the Soviet leadership thinking, 'The Americans may attack, so we better attack first.'"[19]

In the effective altruism movement, September 26th is
commemorated as Petrov day.[20]

Russia isn't under threat, and the only person who wanted this war was Putin. As I said, the "frozen conflict" in the Donbass was keeping Ukraine out of NATO. Ukraine agreed to a long term lease for the Russian naval base in Sevastopol. Ukraine was no military threat to Russia -- but a democratic Ukraine was a threat to Putin's autocratic kleptocrat rule that he couldn't tolerate.

If you want to know more, watch this video about the 2014 Revolution Of Dignity at the Maidan. Many Ukrainians died to have what we in the West take for granted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7e6B64Iqqg

Date: January 28, 2023 05:10PM

Hopefully common sense, or the survival instinct, will continue to prevail. That's what has prevented us from dropping another Nuke for the past 78yrs and that's the main thing that gives me hope. I hope Putin has a strong survival instinct.
Even if he doesn't no matter how bad we make the Earth for ourselves, life will continue, in one form or another, waterbears have survived the past 5 Doomsdays and I'm pretty sure they'll survive the next one too.

Date: January 30, 2023 04:37AM

We can always come back as waterbears.

Date: January 30, 2023 01:09PM

Pfft.

Computers are going to be keeping us as pets within a hundred years or so. Already we are primarily smartphone transport devices.

Date: January 30, 2023 01:40PM

Scary thought!!!   

Without computers and the internet,
    Judic West and The Cat would not exist.

It gives one pause, doesn't it?

Forget the sacred temple names,
    what's your Screen Name going
    to be in the Celestial Kingdom?
    ...Babooey is probably taken...

I want the prophet to comment on the possibility that women don't get screen names, just numbers.

Date: February 03, 2023 07:45PM

Or yellow plastic tags in their ears with black numbers, like breed stock they are destined to become in the great big orgy in the sky!

Date: January 31, 2023 05:54PM

I do not avoid women, but I do deny them my essence.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-FPCNxKNQ44

Date: January 31, 2023 06:14PM

bradley Wrote:
------------------------
>
> I do not avoid women,
> but I do deny them my
> essence.
>

Even if they ask politely!?!?

Date: January 31, 2023 06:40PM

I might have to report you to your bishop

Posted by: blindguy ( )
Date: February 04, 2023 10:13AM

Ukraine isn't the only issue, there are other countries besides the U.S. and Russia that have nuclear arsenals, and I can think of at least one more worldwide issue that is drawing us closer to self-destruction. That issue is the growing polarization of views not only in the U.S. but worldwide as well. People who believe that those who oppose their views don't have the right to live, hold power, or speak out those views are more likely to seek means to destroy their perceived foes than those who are more tolerant.

Edit to add: And pious religious dogmatism has a lot to do with that growing intolerance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2023 04:33PM by blindguy.

Date: February 07, 2023 09:57PM

blindguy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ukraine isn't the only issue, there are other
> countries besides the U.S. and Russia that have
> nuclear arsenals, and I can think of at least one
> more worldwide issue that is drawing us closer to
> self-destruction.

True, it's nothing short of a miracle that none of the 10 Nuclear armed countries have dropped a bomb in 78yrs since the last time we did, to end WWII. But it sounds like one of those childish idiots, is pounding the drums right now.

https://nypost.com/2023/02/07/kim-jong-un-resurfaces-to-tout-preparedness-for-war/

> That issue is the growing
> polarization of views not only in the U.S. but
> worldwide as well. People who believe that those
> who oppose their views don't have the right to
> live, hold power, or speak out those views are
> more likely to seek means to destroy their
> perceived foes than those who are more tolerant.
>
> Edit to add: And pious religious dogmatism has a
> lot to do with that growing intolerance.

It's on both ends of the spectrum.
Good news is, it's the 80% in the middle who will determine the future, not the 10% on either end of the spectrum.

Date: February 08, 2023 12:19AM

> It's on both ends of the spectrum.
> Good news is, it's the 80% in the middle who will
> determine the future, not the 10% on either end of
> the spectrum.

Nonsense. One side moved to the extreme and by treating them as a reasonable pole in the debate you grant them moral equality with those who never moved at all.

Applied in 1930s Germany, that logic would have led to compromise over how much abuse should be heaped on Jews, Roma, gay people, Slavs, the handicapped and other "subhumans." Is that morally right?

No, SC, sometimes compromise is not the appropriate thing to do. Sometimes it's incumbent upon people to recognize the broader trends in society and remain committed to what is human, what is true, rather than being tossed about like a dandelion in the wind.

Grow a backbone.

Date: February 08, 2023 05:55AM

What's unreasonable about Kim Yo-jong? She seems like a woman who can get things done.

North Korea is a case in point. The United States takes the moral high ground while imposing crushing sanctions that make people starve. We create a humanitarian disaster and blame the victim.

You may have the Ukraine saga in mind. They are now drafting 16-year-olds at gunpoint. Apparently to send them to their deaths. Where is the morality in not negotiating peace?

Date: February 08, 2023 03:47PM

Fascinating. You can go back to sleep now.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: February 05, 2023 06:21AM

Grab your harem. Dr. Strangelove says it’s time to go to the bunker.

Date: February 07, 2023 10:08PM

Miss Scott: It's 3 o'clock in the morning!

General "Buck" Turgidson: Weh-heh-heh-ll, the Air Force never sleeps.

Miss Scott: Buck, honey, I'm not sleepy either...

General "Buck" Turgidson: I know how it is, baby. Tell you what you do: you just start your countdown, and old Bucky'll be back here before you can say "Blast off!"

Date: February 08, 2023 08:24AM

Now the whole world knows the US can’t even down a 100ft wide Chinese spy balloon, how the hell are we going to stop an ICBM?

Date: February 08, 2023 06:04PM

You mean you didn’t know the balloon died? Even Dave the Atheist knew that one.

Date: February 08, 2023 06:25PM

I couldn't tell...

Did they shoot it in the back, like that low-down dirty little coward, Robert Ford, shot Jesse James?

Date: February 08, 2023 09:31PM

After it transited across the entire country and collected data on our nuclear weapons program and installations, which is kinda like tackling the QB after they won the GD game.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: February 09, 2023 01:48AM

Shit Happens.

Posted by: I ( )
Date: February 09, 2023 04:01AM

It's getting late

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.