Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: February 10, 2023 09:07PM

God is good, greed is good, therefore God must be greedy. So what's the problem?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ¡El Asfalto! ( )
Date: February 11, 2023 04:42AM

The connections to Faecebook (Meta) explain the church's obsession with using that horrible website. A sensible church would have worked out long it was just a fight club for old people.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 11, 2023 02:51PM

This comes via Reddit's r/exmormon subreddit, lest you suppose that I am the author of the report...  (hahahahaha!)

https://widowsmitereport.wordpress.com/ is the main link to a great many other links within website, all on the general topic of the church's financials.

There, among SO many other links, is this one:

https://widowsmitereport.wordpress.com/ensignpeak/

It is a 55-page document that attempts to analyze what Ensign Peak was up to during 2022.  Note: you have to scroll to the bottom-left and click on the forward or reverse arrows that appear, to advance or retreat within the document.

Not being into numbers, I quickly grew bored.

But it struck me, as I clicked through the pages and marveled at the pretty colors, that Ensign Peak seems very much to be run like any other brokerage house; it looks very run-of-the-mill, with zero indication that there is any reliance, much less an assumption, that they have a connection to a divine being.

One then wonders, 'do they start and end each working day's session with prayer?' and 'how is it possible that the church's very own brokerage lost money in 2022?'

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: February 11, 2023 08:55PM

To me, it appeared BYU has over 2 billion dollars in excess, yet still gets all the tithing from Canada each year.

It also seems the church is diverting more money into two areas.

First more international investments

Second more Electronically Traded Funds.

What I didn't see was any investment in commodities or other hard assets.

I think their projection of a 180 billion dollars is a mite high.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: February 11, 2023 09:20PM

You need to remember the Ensign Peak fund is only for publicly traded securities and ETFs, etc. Its real estate and direct business holdings are separate, perhaps also commodities and private equity.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.