Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Out and about ( )
Date: February 22, 2023 07:09PM

I knew two different people who died and where revived. One quite literally fell off a clif while sking the other was shot and didn't even know this until she was revived.

Neither of these women where LDS. One was Catholic the other non-religious. They both saw and comminicated with loved ones who'd passed on before them.

Oh, and recently an elderly neighbor shared her experience when she'd had a heart attack and been gone briefly. She saw her brother. They're Jewish.

When I was a member I discussed the first two with another member and was told,"Well, of course loved one's greet you, but you don't get to live together is all."

Idk it always weirded me out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 22, 2023 07:20PM

The Mormons don't get a say in that. Of course Catholics and most Protestants believe in an afterlife. They believe that they will be reunited with their loved ones after they die. The Mormons did not invent the concept. But only the Mormons demand 10% of your income for that.

My mother saw her brothers and sisters (almost all of whom passed on before her) in dreams during the two weeks before she died. The night that she died, I heard her talking to someone. She woke up briefly and told me that she was talking to a friend of my dad's, and that they were standing beside an airplane. My dad was a private pilot during his lifetime. I like to think that when she passed a short time after that, he flew her over to the other side.

Posted by: dogbloggernli ( )
Date: February 22, 2023 07:27PM

The assumption that everyone wants to hang with their family for eternity is just so naive. Widely spaced visits perhaps.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: February 22, 2023 07:59PM

Annual Christmas card might suffice.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: February 22, 2023 07:44PM

Considering that some of us have toxic family relationships, then the idea of not living together in the possible here after is very exhilarating.

Posted by: ET ( )
Date: February 23, 2023 02:34AM

Mormoni CAN'T EVEN PREDICT TOMORROW...

Yet it thinks it can predict and assure "eternity"

Date: February 23, 2023 09:43AM

When I was saying scare tactic, I was focusing on people with whom we actually do share loving connections, not only parents but significant others, husbands,wives.

I always felt confused with the term "sealing" so if a family or spouses aren't sealed you never see each other again? It just seemed a cruel thing to imply.

How about close friends? They where wording it like you die and are all alone to serve the people who where sealed (aka paid tithing-lol).

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: February 23, 2023 10:02AM

Your "scare tactic" made me picture Heavenly Father sending photos via email of loved ones who have passed on bound and gagged with a note that says, "If you want to see your children again you better pay your tithing."

Also, that old joke about St. Peter giving the newly arrived a our of heaven and he shushes and orders them to be extremely quiet as they pass a tall white building with no windows.

After they get past one old man asks what was that. "Oh," says St.Peter," That's the Mormons. They think they're the only ones here."

Mormons basically hold family rather than a knife against your throat.

Date: February 23, 2023 10:04AM

Done & Done Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Your "scare tactic" made me picture Heavenly
> Father sending photos via email of loved ones who
> have passed on bound and gagged with a note that
> says, "If you want to see your children again you
> better pay your tithing."
>
> Also, that old joke about St. Peter giving the
> newly arrived a our of heaven and he shushes and
> orders them to be extremely quiet as they pass a
> tall white building with no windows.
>
> After they get past one old man asks what was
> that. "Oh," says St.Peter," That's the Mormons.
> They think they're the only ones here."
>
>
> Mormons basically hold family rather than a knife
> against your throat.

The joke about the mormons thinking they're the only ones here had me rolling! Hahahahaha

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 24, 2023 05:40AM

That's a very old joke that Catholics used to tell in order to make fun of themselves. There may be other variations.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 23, 2023 07:38PM

I'm always bemused when kids talk about their parents' trying to guilt them regarding behavior that might isolate them from living with their parents in the CK.

No one seems to ever point out that the kids' parents are subject to living with THEIR parents, who are subject to living with THEIR parents, ad infinitum, ad nauseam, ad hoc & ad verb.

If things were to go as planned, someone very far removed from 'now' will be at the head of very long table.

I will not lack for work as a CK busboy.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: February 24, 2023 10:53AM

On the other hand . . . My mother told me I would be with her in the Celestial Kingdom because I was sealed to her. I wanted so badly to ask if that was a threat?

But really, like EOD points out with the infinite mirror of family gatherings, what if you are sealed and no sin is bad enough to keep you out of that damn CK?

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: February 24, 2023 12:28PM

My best friend was stressing about her son who was inactive and his sons and I saw that and told her to read it.

This was the scare tactic that kept me in for so long. That was the BIG teaching I finally let go of that released me. I knew my husband would be okay, etc., and we definitely wouldn't be a couple and he wouldn't become straight. Maybe he'd call a bunch of men, but I'd be the only Lucy. ha ha ha ha

I've said before I'd rather share him with other men and me be the only female and we could be JUST BEST FRIENDS. I'd rather be in that situation than sharing a man with a bunch of other women. I can't imagine the DRAMA. I don't want my children calling other women mother either.

And I CERTAINLY don't want to be sealed to my ex's family. OH MY! He is the normal one. I actually called him late one night after he had left me and said, "Thanks for doing this as now my kids won't be sealed to your family."

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: February 24, 2023 12:30PM

His sisters, if I ever see them anymore as I don't. They say I'm too ornery. I love it. They always say please don't have your sealing to the husband cancelled. They always bring it up. CRAZY! (which they are--but then I'm crazy, too).

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 26, 2023 12:34AM

I died on the operating table and had to be revived. My experience was so horrible that it has added a whole new layer of fear to my dread of mortality. I felt all the pain of my bowel reconstruction surgery like a hot cannonball had shot through my gut and exposed every nerve. I was paralyzed and blind, but I could hear the nurses talking. Their voices were loud. One said that I looked like Mike from Breaking Bad. The pain seared me to the point where I was screaming inside my head. And then I blanked out and came to in the ICU, hallucinating and still hurting. I grunted and shook my head, and they put me out again. I did feel disembodied other than the pain.

I don't recommend dying that way.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2023 12:36AM by donbagley.

Date: February 28, 2023 09:21PM

That is horrific, and it sounds you have a major lawsuit. And really you should tell everyone the place and people involved so no one else has to experience that level of..ugh. So sorry. Hope you're ok now.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.