Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: OP ( )
Date: February 23, 2023 07:10PM

Mormon 'church' dropped their anti-racist plans after member/ teacher calls BYU speaker's tone: satanic

February 23, 2023 - Rachel Martin - fresh off the screen/ speakers:

https://www.npr.org/2023/02/23/1159118874/the-anti-racist-mormon-trying-to-teach-his-fellow-lds-church-members

NPR was on (ATM) and I turned down the (news) to listen to the mormonews- (5 minute listen)

Mormon 'church' is "satanic"

Anyone else listen and/ or have a comment?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 23, 2023 07:27PM

He believes.

He knows the Book of Mormon is true.

He has and still 'gives' his testimony.

But there's always hope.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: February 24, 2023 12:07AM

He sounds a lot like he's Mentally out and Physically in.
He parrots all the cliches, "I know the Book of Mormon is true...yada, yada, yada." and then goes on and makes a bunch of excuses for the racism.
The CULT thought they could exploit him and sign him up for a book deal, but when he committed the cardinal Sin of speaking ill of the Lord's Anointed, they pulled their lucrative offer to him.
What he doesn't say is how he reconciles his belief that the Book of Mormon is true, with the blatant racism that's still in the Book of Mormon.
After every racist claim of The Book of Mormon had been debunked by modern DNA. The only way I could reconcile it was to conclude that Joseph Smith was a racist and no prophet.

Date: February 26, 2023 12:32AM

Mormons don't like Mormonism

Posted by: blindguy ( )
Date: February 26, 2023 07:16AM

I missed seeing this post before I posted my post on this same topic. That said, I think that Mr. Jones has to be suffering some real cognative dissonance right now, especially because he is well aware of some of Brigham Young's racist quotes.

With regard to the reporter, Rachael Martin is a sometime host of NPR's "Morning Edition," and lives in Idaho herself. I can't remember when, but I thought that I heard at one time that she was LDS herself.

I also noted that the specific leader Mr. Jones criticized wasn't named. I'm guessing, however, that it's either Oaks or Holland, though I'd bet my money on the latter--he's been the most public with his anti-LBGTQ rhetoric.

Date: March 01, 2023 11:14PM

Thanks blindguy,
For you comment and connection here, so I can comment here now and then on your post as well. Thanks-

I figured he's a Blind Follower (like what TSCC wants) except HE'S GOT QUESTIONS. That's the difference. Maybe he'll be the next Kate Kelly, John Dehlin, Jeremy Runnels...

But maybe he already knows the truth but would just rather get kicked out than simply walk out.

Maybe he's just trying to learn
Maybe enjoys Mormonism too much

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.