Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 27, 2023 10:15PM

I saw the above phrase in some random internet posting and I liked it so much that I'm repeating it here.

Besides being really cutesy, as I'm sure so must be its author, it makes a good point.

For instance, the church is upset that it got caught doing a naughty thing and there's probably a faction within the leadership that think yelling at Exmo critics is the way to go.  But the more clever (and possibly evil) leaders know that throwing "ire" at us is not useful and that it could actually backfire in terms of the attentive faithful.

So they are cleverly following the new rule, "you can't fight fire with ire!"

There's no need for further comment; I just wanted to give credit where credit might be due and share the glad tidings.

Isn't the internet a blessing! (...said very few people in church leadership recently...)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: February 27, 2023 10:17PM

It's not naughty if God tells you to do it.

Date: February 27, 2023 10:24PM

While I certainly cannot fault the thought process inherent in your post, I remain content that civil authorities don't agree...unless a rival political party is the target.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: February 27, 2023 10:37PM

I was writing on behalf of TBMs. Those who don't understand Mormon God would have a different take on laws and stuff.

Date: February 27, 2023 10:40PM

> I was writing on behalf of TBMs

No one does a better job of writing on behalf of TBMs than the concerned Exmo community!

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: February 27, 2023 10:40PM

"And I would have gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't been for you meddling ex-mo's!"

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: February 28, 2023 12:35AM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> For instance, the church is upset that it got
> caught doing a naughty thing and there's probably
> a faction within the leadership that think yelling
> at Exmo critics is the way to go.

"The best defense is a good offense," is one way to "defend" an indefensible position. It happens a lot in the MSM. Two (nonpartisan) examples:

"Republicrats pounce at report that..."
Democans lash out at charges..."

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: February 28, 2023 10:21AM

When I have caused fire and am facing ire, my favorite come back is, unfortunately, nothing.

On the other hand, my other half is one of those people with a silver slice and dice tongue whose retorts are so clever that Twain and Wilde would both be given pause. I envy that trait. I want it. I also deplore it because he is not necessarily right or rational but so clever and quick that he has declared victory while his victim is just trying to mouth an, "Uhhhhh . . . ."

I always think of the perfect thing to say twenty minutes or twenty four hours later. I do find silence can be golden. That works well for me. Mystery can be a friend as much as Jesus.

Being human is not one size fits all I have found. In fact many are struggling to do up the suspenders. Wearing a mask until you get also seems to be a way to go.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: February 28, 2023 11:32AM

God Does Not Love You
Jesus doesn't even know your name
That is just publicity.

So many tragedies in the world.
And almost every time one occurs, someone being interviewed on the news is begging people to pray for the victims. Please please pray for the victims. Because God, your loving heavenly father, isn't going to do diddly squat unless you do. He may not anyway but at least when he doesn't we will know because we prayed and he didn't that it was "His Will" and so we can accept that because the lord works in mysterious ways or maybe these people needed to learn a lesson from the tragedy and a lesson from not being helped after. Tough love because he cares so very very much and so he teaches us lessons.

Religion has an excuse for everything. There is nothing that can happen that can make them stop claiming god loves you, cares about you, knows every hair on your head but he's only going to help you out (or not) if you don't drink coffee tea or alcohol or smoke and bow to him and proclaim his name and only if you pay your tithing because if you don't and he has to curse you with struggling with your bills just like the people who did pay their tithing and are struggling as bad as you or worse still because there is some lesson they need to learn because God has a purpose for you.

The lesson is: You are fooling yourself. Especially when you think your team won because you prayed hardest of all.

Can we just admit that wars start because we are greedy and want it all and have sick egos instead of saying "This land is mine. God gave this land to me."

The second lesson is, if you are not using God as your not-so-secret weapon as you do battle for rights in this country you are going to lose. Fight fire with fire not ire.

And three--none of this is about God. The power does not come from God. Power comes from a vast majority believing in God. That is all it takes.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 28, 2023 03:47PM

They are offended because they wanted to sin.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.