Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 28, 2023 03:52PM

but...
She can't (at least currently) be or become a BP or sp...

O the Horrors !!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 28, 2023 04:53PM

I've never understood being angry to the point where you throw things. Maybe she should take up cussing as an alternative to physical violence?

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: February 28, 2023 05:26PM

"Soft swinging." A new term to me. I gather this is sexual activity short of full intercourse? And that this Taylor Paul let the situation go too far [um..."get out of hand?" ulp! (or "gulp?")]. So she committed full-fledge (full-body?) adultery and got divorced?

Verbal silliness aside, this seems to me (if I understand it correctly), as somewhat similar to the practice of "soaking" that has been occasionally discussed here. The (im)moral mindset seems to be, "How far can I get to sin and still be ecclesiastically acceptable?" So the participants are behaving lecherously, but believe they have not transgressed over some hypothetical moral or theological line, and are still "moral" enough to keep a temple card, or assure a marital partner (current or prospective), "No, I haven't engaged in fornication or adultery."

A strange twist on "open marriage," methinks. "Sure, I cheat--but only up to a point."

This brings to my (disturbed) mind, a wisecrack from years ago, "How much can I sin and still get into Heaven?" It perversely demonstrates the problem with religious legalism: that spirituality is valid (and one is saved) only when one stays, inside the confines of prescribed laws and codes.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: February 28, 2023 11:56PM

"Although their arrangement was that they wouldn't "go all the way," Paul admitted she "did step out of that agreement," which resulted in the divorce."

Maybe they should have said a better opening prayer.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 28, 2023 05:38PM

child? But a felony for hitting an adult?

Are these those mormons who are active, supposedly believing mormons who go to church every Sunday, etc. How many of us participated in such things as good little mormons?

I've been pushed to the feeling of needing to throw something, but I don't think I ever have and, if I did, it wasn't at the person. I'm trying to remember if I ever threw anything! I'm fairly certain I didn't.

BUT I've been shoved quite a few times and my son has put more than 20 holes in the wall with his fist. My son is the one who shoved me. He got arrested for hitting his dad as I called.

We have a lot of fun at our house--NOT! We are waiting for him to be put in a group home.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 01, 2023 12:13AM

I've understood (don't ask) that soft swinging is having sex with your partner but in a group setting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2023 12:14AM by GNPE.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.