Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Happy_Heretic ( )
Date: March 05, 2023 12:06PM

Backyard Professor is hitting the cult hard on the criminally fraudulent finances involving the SEC. If you see fit, give it a thumbs up and help it on the search algos.

Bishop is now calling for a "media fast" now that the cult is getting headlines for its illegal actions and hypocrisy. This appears to be having a larger effect than the children of gays baptism issue. TBM's are coming out pretty pissed about the money. Not the welfare of children. Money. *head shake*

Have a look:
https://youtu.be/09Ek49Lp4_Q

HH =)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 05, 2023 02:11PM

Wow. I used to watch his long, detailed apologetic videos that he would shoot out in the beautiful countryside.

Big flip.

P.S. Would love to play chess with him!

Posted by: Concerned ( )
Date: March 05, 2023 02:23PM

with the top brass and to prayerfully rely more on their words. He made it very clear that the Church was guided by Jesus Christ and this is His Church. We as members need to get a testimony of that. Since I was a visitor I did not ask him if he felt that Jesus okayed the SEC scam. So I could not tell if he knew about it. His focus was on Easter Sunday program.

Having said that, the ward I visited did not rate high on critical thinking skills in my opinion. Based on testimonies I heard it was "Open Mike Sunday." It was "I get a chance to get up, get a mike and just speak on anything." People were saying things and getting emotional but no real evidence of spiritual experiences things actually happening in their lives. Just feelings. Jesus was the over all theme. And how great it was to have Him in their lives. But looking at those speaking plus members happiness was not outwardly evident. Very dark atmossphere but then that may just be me.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.