Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: March 07, 2023 08:44PM

was removed from the temple work? It can't be to save time. The temple stuff is 20 minutes longer.
Is the Church now saying there is no difference between a living person and a dead person? It was quite clear before you were doing work for a deceased person. What is to prevent anyone from submitting family names and lying (like the big guys do in SLC) and doing the work for them?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 07, 2023 09:51PM

Lying about what, whether the person is dead or not?

That seems both creepy and weird. And it is all make believe. It doesn't matter whether the certificate entitling you to a free unicorn is authentic or not. There are no unicorns.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: March 07, 2023 09:55PM

I have no idea why either.

Maybe they didn't like the idea of communicating with dead people with their new computerized sessions. It's a whole new meaning for ghost in the machine!

Maybe they realized how stupid it sounds.

It's kind of a sticky meme my family would use jokingly:

Did you visit your mom's (who is dead) house when you were there?

Did you read that essay about Lincoln (who is dead) I recommended?

Do you think I should make Aunt Mae's (who is dead) pie tonight?

There were so many funny lines from the temple we used as inside jokes:

What is wanted?
I will through the veil.
We will go down.
Etc. Etc.
You gotta admit, the temple had some goofy moments.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 07, 2023 10:01PM

They discovered it was copied from an old English folk song, about an elf named Hoo, and like so many of the old rhymes with no good reasons, it ended with a haunting fade-away line, "...Hoo is dead, Hoo is dead..."

As it made its way across the pig bond, which is Cockney for big pond, it became a drinking song, much loved here in the colonies and JoJu stuck it into temple ceremony, thinking that as the years rolled forward, it would break up the monotony of going through the temple and not getting laid, like they did initially.

Hoo is dead!

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: March 07, 2023 10:33PM

How do you even live with yourself!!?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 07, 2023 10:49PM

I've learned from the masters... and what's her name, Gladys.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 07, 2023 11:46PM

Well then, you'll accept my correction.

If the accent is Cockney, then the pronunciation cannot be "Hoo is dead." It must be "'oo is dead."

Get your 'ead out of the sand, for 'eaven's sake!

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: March 08, 2023 02:56PM

'e'e'e

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: March 08, 2023 03:30PM

In support of Elderolddog's theory, I give you Sutton Hoo: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sutton_Hoo

And he is indeed dead...

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 08, 2023 05:45PM

Yes, but 'ow do they speak in Sutton 'oo?

Not Cockney, I'd wager. So 'elp me out, guvnah.

My ignorance is right 'eavy!

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: March 08, 2023 04:52AM

My take is this.

If you have "who is dead", that emphasizes you are doing the work on behalf of someone else and the covenants and promises don't apply to you personally.

If you blur the line, you are more likely to believe you are renewing your covenants and the new wording, new covenants primarily apply to you.

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: March 08, 2023 03:26PM

I have heard a lot of TBM's coming out of the temple saying that new covenants they make in the temple are much clearer and much better. Its like they are making the covenants again. The problem is they made a covenant under the old system so what you do in the temple today does not apply to you if you have been through the temple before. So I guess blurring the line to make it feel like you are making the covenant seems like the real deal, so we do not use the words "who is dead."

But you only make the covenant once. This is so messed up and mess up the minds of members. When I talk to them they insist this new stuff applies to them. The wording has changed since I made them in 1967. in 1967 the oath was 'sexual intercourse." So I understand that I could do other things and not violate my temple covenant. So students at BYU did the A... intercourse and did not feel guilty so later it was changed to "sexual relations."

Posted by: Boyd KKK ( )
Date: March 08, 2023 12:32PM

Has to do with the City of Enoch. MoronicPriesthood,inc is scared some genealogists will trace lineage back to them and try to do their Temple Work.
Would not do to have Temple Work done for Translated beings - and be stuck in the same class as Temple work celebrities like Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin and Ted Bundy.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 08, 2023 03:08PM

If Nelson was a scientist, he already would have issued a sermon about "living organisms" which irks 99% of scientists. Many consider the living to be superfluous when combined with organism.

We know that semantics bother him a lot~ Mormon, Ensign now called Liahona, he just reminded people to use their thee, thou words when praying. Apparently, people leaving god's church isn't a problem but saying "you" to god is downright punishable, possibly by death.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 09, 2023 12:30PM

Isn't it wonderful. Isn't it marvelous. Think of the revelations Nelson is getting. Let's change a word.

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: March 09, 2023 02:07PM

had it removed because he thought people were making fun of his penis.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.