Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: March 09, 2023 05:09PM

One financial analyst said LDS Inc. Could be a trillion dollar organization in 50 years. One thing I’m sure of. They will exist as a financial entity. The church no longer needs its members.

I think the future will be excess temple and a smaller membership.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: OP ( )
Date: March 09, 2023 05:33PM

The scam started at a cc (cult church) 'church' culture

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: March 10, 2023 03:34AM

The church now can build and maintain more temples than there are people who want them.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 10, 2023 01:59PM

Rubicon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The church now can build and maintain more temples
> than there are people who want them.

Mostly FALSE in everyday terms.

“can” means they have the ability which may or may not be accurate, but there is a diminishing point of desirability & ability to staff temples, also land & other necessary resources aren’t infinite.

Posted by: OP ( )
Date: March 10, 2023 06:38PM

It's like a billboard, really. A shiny place to put a logo. A looming reminder (to itself) that it is bigger - and TRUER - and better than it wants, needs and deserves to be.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: March 10, 2023 05:12PM

Question:

I've learned here that the stake houses are cleaned and maintained by the unpaid members.

Who cleans and maintains the temples? It must be a higher calling to clean these buildings.

Posted by: Silence is Golden ( )
Date: March 10, 2023 06:04PM

They have a few hired help to keep the temples clean, but what they do is a rotation of wards\branches in the temple area. So for instance, we were called to go out to the temple after it closed for the night, since it was our wards turn.

We were met by the cleaning supervisor, who then assigned us to cleaning duty. My job was to spray down the carpeted stairs where shoes were worn with cleaning solution, then use towels to scrub and remove the dirt. They had us cleaning hand rails, mirrors, vent grills, bathrooms, locker rooms, etc. Other areas of carpet were cleaned, including dusting, and some vacuuming. And of course you had to have a temple recommend, and wear your whites. I cannot remember exactly, but we left around midnight or so.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: March 10, 2023 06:11PM

All the more reason to not have a recommend.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.