Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jay ( )
Date: March 12, 2023 03:32PM

There’s a meeting in ward 3 next Sunday to go over tactics to counter anti-Mormon information on TikTok.

Members are encouraged to bring their Franklin planners.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: tensolator ( )
Date: March 12, 2023 04:57PM

Lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2023 04:57PM by tensolator.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 12, 2023 05:19PM

They are going to have to talk fast to fit it all into one meeting.

Under the Banner of Heaven
SEC fines
$100 billion slush fund
Real Housewives
Sam Bateman trial
Lori Daybell and Chad trial

This is a target-rich environment.

Maybe they should schedule regular quarterly updates on "stuff that makes us look bad."

Posted by: blackcoatsdaughter ( )
Date: March 12, 2023 05:36PM

I can't imagine being a part of those meetings and not accidentally getting exposed to something that breaks shelves. Like..?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 12, 2023 06:53PM

"anti-Mormon information" = truth

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: March 12, 2023 07:24PM

Anti Mormon tends to make it personal. It should always be referred to as anti Mormonism.

Posted by: Notmonotloggedin ( )
Date: March 14, 2023 04:22PM

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: March 12, 2023 07:25PM

I've noticed that any and all information that doesn't dovetail with Mormon teachings is labeled "anti-Mormon." They play very loosely with the term. So I like to spring quotes on Mormons that certainly seem anti-Mormon, but come straight from LDS sources. It really plays with their minds. But they finally dismiss it all as, "Well, he was just speaking as a man." That response is also worn rather thin.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 12, 2023 07:52PM

Mos are good or Excellent jumpers!

I’d be the first to concede that lots of anti stuff is hyperbole, conjecture-speculation & connecting dots that defy genuine factual data…

However, when Actual events & GA words are considered as irrelevant or no longer pertinent, they jump over them, examples:

Lots of what BY said

The MMM

what’s in documents like the JoDiscources, pioneer diaries, etc.

They’ve even put what David McKay said (+ other moderns such as E T Benson) under the bus

If MoLeaders published reliable data on attendance, resignations, etc… They’d develop excuses for those items too…

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: March 13, 2023 01:48AM

What the heck is a Franklin Planner?

People still use those?

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 13, 2023 03:33AM

Villager Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What the heck is a Franklin Planner?
>
> People still use those?

I wonder if the OP post was satire. If you were a member 35-40 years ago then you were aware of the preferred use of those planner style notebooks. If you were a male aspiring to climb the rungs of church leadership, then you would carry your planner and probably flaunt it at every opportunity.

I was never a planner type of guy. However, I received a planner as I got ready to serve a mission from one of my siblings. He/she was miffed that I didn't reciprocate greater enthusiasm for such a "gift". I had much disdain for such a planner. My planner wasn't from the Franklin, but a knock off version- it had the price tag of 90 bucks so I know it was a worthy gift to impress my mom.

It came with me to the MTC. I gave in and tried to get my new missionary life organized while in Provo. Right away other missionaries ridiculed and ostracized my use of my phony planner. Yes, they made fun of me using a knock-off brand and I stopped using it and carrying it around with me. I was too afraid to mail it home (it might end up on my parent's coffee table in front of my sibling's eyes) so I chucked it one day. Later, I had a slight fib prepared that it was on my bike which had indeed been stolen, but my planner never came up again when I returned home.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 13, 2023 07:40PM

You will be happy to learn, Villager, that the good folks at Amazon can still supply you with a genuine Franklin Planner for the eminently reasonable price of just $73.95.

https://www.amazon.com/FranklinCovey-Michael-Wire-Bound-Undated-Simulated/dp/B09PWW9LQB/ref=sr_1_9?crid=2Q4QKFPH8EBKX&keywords=franklin+planner&qid=1678750639&sprefix=franklin+planner%2Caps%2C296&sr=8-9

10% of the proceeds will* go to the friendly Christian church next door!

*or will not

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: March 14, 2023 05:10PM

You really want the refillable version. Then no need to buy everything annually. My company force feed us 7 Habits Training at one point. I was underwhelmed at a company trying to teach me common sense.

Date: March 14, 2023 09:27PM

I found Covey's stuff appalling. It was watered down Mormonism/Christianity posing as meaningful business stuff. Seemed like money changers in the temple.

Which of course is what those guys were.

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: March 14, 2023 09:47PM

My boss and I would refer to it as the 7 habits of highly defective people. Because if what they were teaching was a revelation to you, something in you was really off.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: March 13, 2023 11:12AM

I once asked my Bishop what he meant by ‘Anti Mormon Propaganda’ he said,’Anything that contradicts the official version of church history.”
I said,”So the original account of the First Vision is Anti-Mormon PRopoganda?”
He said,”Well they all agree in the most fundamental aspects.”
I shook my head No and he said,’They don’t?’
I said,”No they don’t. In fact they differ in the most fundamental detail, who was there? In the original version, Joseph ably made mention of the Lord, singular. It was the only version written in his own hand. The official version is actually the heavily edited 4th version, written under duress, while he was in jail awaiting trial and needing to add legitimacy to his dying church after every one of the original witnesses had abandoned the faith.”
He said,”Well, I didn’t come here to get into a big contentious argument about doctrine.”
I said,”I’m not arguing, just stating the facts.”

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 13, 2023 07:45PM

> He said,”Well, I didn’t come here
> to get into a big contentious
> argument about doctrine.”
>
> I said,”I’m not arguing, just
> stating the facts.”

And then what did he say?

Don't leave us hanging!

Date: March 13, 2023 07:55PM

I once saw a gentlemen whose bolo tie got stuck in a lawn mower.

He was left hanging.

Posted by: I ( )
Date: March 14, 2023 12:02AM

They had better do more then talk
(All Mormons can do, without listening)

Time is ticking

Posted by: I ( )
Date: March 14, 2023 12:03AM

Regular feed

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 14, 2023 11:19AM

I know all about franklin planners. My ex wife used to work for them.
A very crappy company to work for.

Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: March 14, 2023 02:42PM

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 14, 2023 04:09PM

Why go to so much trouble? They should just hire Kellyanne Conway and be done with it.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: March 14, 2023 07:40PM

She is single again so she may have the time...

Date: March 14, 2023 09:24PM

Dave, did you hear that?

Posted by: squirrely ( )
Date: March 14, 2023 10:38PM

Counter Anti Mormon stuff. Good luck with that. Better to push doubt your doubts and not even try and counter it. Must be getting desperate.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.