Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tensolator ( )
Date: March 12, 2023 03:47PM

A Dr. Seuss classic. All the build up, drama, sensationalism, and it was made up. Reminds me of...

My whole life. I remember the first pile driving feeling of being defrauded was 20 years ago, when I was 40. I smiled, and pretended after that.

Two events finally pushed me over the edge. First, just in a time of life when I wanted to finish up my last few years of work, unburden myself, find a hobby to carry me through retirement, I get called to a bishopric in a college ward. A ward where having been on a mission made you an expert, in everything. Thirty-five and I've never married? Never fear, Bro. Chicks do not Dig Me has all the right answers regarding being bound forever.

That was a long three+ years.

Second, is/was the dishonesty above and beyond basic church doctrines. For instance, the Great Whore of Babylon. Yes, Catholicism. I do not know much about the Church of Rome. I am reading and what I know now? There is a lot of info my Sunday school teachers, elders quorum presidents... all the way to college professors who either were ignorant or flat lied about the Great Whore.

I have realized if they cannot be honest regarding Catholics, trust ends there. It should have ended mucho anos before it really did. Like Amber Heard in her defense trial against Johnny Depp. She lied once, you cannot expect truth after that.

BKP telling institute teachers facts get in the way. Do not dare lie to the Lord's anointed. But feel free to lie if we tell you what to lie about. BKP, the Arthur Dimmsdale of Mormonism. BKP, the same Lord's anointed who ruined the career of Leonard Arrington because Arrington had the cheek to want to make real church history available. Bro. Arrington, facts are not important. In fact neither are you.

I recall how shocked I was at the beauty of Jesus of Nazareth. What it was like to have read the work of a master scholar. Benedict trumps James E. any day.

I do not know what twenty years from now will be, but moving on is involved.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2023 03:50PM by tensolator.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.