Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Beth NLI ( )
Date: March 13, 2023 01:16AM

Hi!

Sorry to pop in and out like this, but when I saw the you can adopt a wombat through the WWF, and get a stuffed toy (not taxidermy, y’all), I thought about you and your wombat thing.

https://gifts.worldwildlife.org/gift-center/gifts/species-adoptions/wombat.aspx

Somewhat related, found a dead nutria in my front yard and screamed quite loudly for quite a long time. Neighbor made it go away. Reported it to the WA wildlife people. No one cares.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tahoe Girl ( )
Date: March 13, 2023 01:30AM

Beth!

TG

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: March 13, 2023 01:36AM

Hey, Boo <3

You all snowed in? Everybody okay?

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: March 13, 2023 02:26AM

Beth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You all snowed in? Everybody okay?

My questions as well.

Date: March 13, 2023 08:04AM

Thanks for asking but I haven’t lived at Tahoe since I was 18 (though my heart is still there). I spent the winter in the southwest as I’ve been doing for the past 12 years. Warm, dry, and cozy here.

Glad you dropped in :)

TG

Date: March 14, 2023 08:53PM

I get this wrong *every* year.

“How’s Lake Tahoe?”

“Don’t live there anymore, Beth.”

Yeah. Man.

Date: March 14, 2023 08:54PM

Yay for the adoptions of the wombats!

I hold all of you close in my heart.

ETA: wrong place, naturally

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2023 08:54PM by Beth.

Date: March 14, 2023 10:10PM

You’re fine, Beth dear. Lots of people to keep track of here. I do remember that you have ducks. Quack!

I hope Susan sees your post soon.

TG

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 13, 2023 06:11AM

Nutria can wreak havoc on an environment. I think they've been eradicated, or largely so, from Maryland after an accidental release many years ago. Those teeth are something else!

Wombats, on the other hand, are totally cute. I would love to see one in its natural environment one day.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: March 13, 2023 06:46AM

When we have Beth AND wombats, it's a good day. Nice to see you, Beth! Hope all is well.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: March 13, 2023 12:40PM

Soft Machine Wrote:
> When we have Beth AND wombats, it's a good day.
> Nice to see you, Beth! Hope all is well.

Well said.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 13, 2023 12:21PM

Now Susan will get a stuffed wombat and put clothing on it.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: March 13, 2023 12:41PM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
> Now Susan will get a stuffed wombat and put
> clothing on it.

Hahahahahahaha. Starts my morning off with a good laugh.

Date: March 13, 2023 03:56PM

Lol! I’ll want photos.

TG

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: March 15, 2023 03:03AM

Of course I have wombat stuffies! Two in fact! I have not made them any clothes and nothing but custom would fit. If there was a way to share them I might but since PictureTrail closed I gots nothin' :(

Date: March 15, 2023 04:47PM

Hi Susan! I remember those picture trails. Fun times.

TG

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: March 13, 2023 01:12PM

Hope you and the ducks are ok, Beth. Thanks for giving us a wombat fix!

Posted by: Happy_Heretic ( )
Date: March 13, 2023 04:45PM

Wombats are freakin' adorable. I adopted one. Wombat stuffed toy for my new granddaughter. Sweet. Thanks Beth.

HH =)

Posted by: wondering ( )
Date: March 13, 2023 05:24PM

Looks like a tribble (somewhat).

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: March 15, 2023 04:08AM

Beffie! How are you doing up there? We still have a couple of months of rain but hey, it's better than the heat! We have had quite a bit of snow this year, that I can do without. We bought a Nissan Leaf and I was worried about how it would handle but it was great in the snow, go figure. Plus, I am saving a couple of hundred a month in gas.

That is great that wombats are getting more exposure! They are so misunderstood. Their closest relation, koalas, get all the love. But koalas can't poop cubes and they don't have armored asses capable of killing predators! Plus, they glow under UV.

I donate what I can to my friend's private sanctuary and a great rescue group. John has done a wonderful job getting the community involved and teaching the kids to be good stewards. One of the girls that has been working with him for a long time has now gone to school to get her degree in conservation :) They will go out, in the weather, in the middle of the night to help. https://www.wombatcarebundanoon.com.au/

The best wombatalicious info and pics can be found on FB at A.Wombat :)

So what are you doing up there Beffie? I am not doing much. Spending a lot of time learning Ukrainian and trying to make a few Ukrainian dishes. I have found out I don't know how to fry so that has been... interesting. Spending WAY too much time playing the new Hogwarts Legacy game. There are so many cool things to do and you get FOUR sanctuaries and lots of animals to collect and care for. Good puzzles, lots of flying, HUGE open world. The motion thingies with the PS5s are wild. We have come a long way from Pong!

Date: March 19, 2023 01:03AM

Hi, again!

Things are a little nutty right now, so I apologize for the mass response that will certainly be insufficient.

Glad youve got the wombat inside track, Suze. I’d expect nothing less!

HH - <3

All youse, so my dawg, Joy, just had two tumors removed Wednesday, and one was malignant (mast cell), so we’re having issues managing her pain right now. Until we find out if they removed the entire mast cell tumor, which was in her skin but adjacent to muscle, so some muscle tissue was excised as well, she is on Benadryl and Pepcid. Hopefully we can dc those soon.

Also on trazodone, gabapentin, rimadal (sp)- all in all, 20 pills a day. (She’s 90#)

So, that’s a bit of an effort. Lot more to it, but yeah. We’re all freaked and exhausted and the cats are like, remember us? Fresh litter, please.

Ducks are great! Have just started laying, and i have 12 Khaki Campbell hatching eggs coming in May. I expect 8-10 will hatch.

Meanwhile…I get a text from my kid…

HERE COMES THE CURSE
THESE MOTHERFUCKERS JUST RAISED MY RENT AGAIN!

So, kid and partner will be moving from Memphis to live here in early May. I’m ambivalent, but we’ve agreed to write a, for lack of a better description, living contract (not legally binding, or course), but the power dynamic in this situation is way off kilter, but I also want them to feel at home. I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ANY SEXY TIME BUSINESS and they’d better not wake me up.

Other than that, they’re welcome and we have to talk about what they need and expect from me. This is an open-ended thing until they can save enough money to buy a house. IOW, they will never leave.

BUT

I can finally go on a friggin vacation because they can housesit the ducks, etc., even if it’s just a few days at Cannon Beach.

MEANWHILE

Ive been in training since January NINTH, and im quite exhausted by that. Two more weeks of formal training, and i will be glad to have this business be DONE.

Mood: anxious, irritable, scared, isolated but not depressed. So that’s good.

Also need a new shrink. Three years is long enough to decide that if you’re not getting better, maybe it's time for a change. The VA is being a back of dicks w/r/t getting me someone new. Might have to contact the Patient Advocate.

I am not proofreading one word.

I do love you, and I apologize for being a crap communicator.

LIFE! WTF?!?

Date: March 19, 2023 03:07PM

WTF is right. Crazy world, crazy times.

Sorry for your troubles. I can’t do much other than say my thoughts are with you, and hang in there.

At least you have eggs when grocery store prices are so high. I don’t know how people raising children right now are making it.

Hugs!

TG

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.