Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 16, 2023 01:30AM

* any apologies for ChurchCo policies or methods

* doubt if the phrase ‘Christ-Like living’ will be spoken

* Except for the number of temples, operating, announced, and undergoing remodeling - renovation, very few numbers or factual statements

yours ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2023 10:51AM by GNPE.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: March 16, 2023 01:43AM

I predict that once again they will fail to tell us where Zarahemla was.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: March 16, 2023 01:54AM

It will be 90% of the content of the previous conference with even more Jesus added. We are gathering Israel by staying on the covenant path will be the same ol focus.

What won’t be mentioned is anything that makes the church look bad. It’s all your fault and you need to repent.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 16, 2023 07:42AM

We can only hope they don’t use the phrase Christ-like living. I find the phrase extraordinarily annoying, and the accusation that “you’re not being very Christ-like” even worse.

They are two of the blunter tools in the Mormon guilt-trip tool bag. I would be delighted to see them gone. With the current program to convince the world that Mormons are too Christian, I fear they are here to stay.

Posted by: Fascinated in the Midwest ( )
Date: March 16, 2023 09:45AM

won't be spoken: "you are released from the bondage/discomfort/inconvenience/bulk of your garments in daily life; however, you should wear them in the Temple to remind you of your covenants made there."

Date: March 16, 2023 11:02AM

the use - substitution of ‘do you strive to be honest?’ Instead of ‘Are you honest with your fellowmen? (should be “with all others”) in the TRIQ was a mistake that was attributed to an unidentified computer hacker; computer data security has been improved and there will be no future similar incidents…

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: March 16, 2023 11:27AM

No more worthiness interviews.

Posted by: Silence is Golden ( )
Date: March 16, 2023 12:19PM

They will not say this:

We have horded your excess tithes and offerings for years and now get a nice return in the financial markets.

Since the returns from the markets and your annual giving is greater than 10% to God's only true church. We have received inspiration that your obligation has been reduced to 5% in these times of high inflation and costs to enable you to feed your families and follow the advice of Christ to help our brothers and sisters.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: March 16, 2023 03:29PM

I predict I won't care what they say, because what they consistently FAIL to DO speaks louder than words.

They consistently FAIL to edit out the racist verses that make Mormon scriptures far more blatantly racist than any other scriptures on the planet, because racism and white supremacy, is the basis of Mormonism.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: March 16, 2023 04:49PM

We have 100 billion dollars tucked away so you're all getting a refund check for last years tithing, your kids missions will be paid for, and your kids can go to the BYU of their choice for free.

If you own a shell company, we'd like to talk to you about working for the church hiding our assets. Great pay and very little effort.

Stop having so many kids, the world is over populated.

If someone you're ministering to doesn't want any more contact, just leave them alone and don't bother them.

If what the church teaches gives you the feeling of a bad spirit, you can disregard whatever we say.

Beer and wine isn't part of the WoW so go pull a tab or pop a cork and enjoy yourself.

Coffee is good for you so enjoy a few cups a day.

Feel free to laugh as long and as loud as you want.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 16, 2023 04:59PM

I'd love to see Bednar try to read that statement out loud. I think his vocal chords would spasm/lock up.

Which means it is a perfectly reasonable list of changes in the real world, as opposed to the Mormon 'Truman Show'.

Posted by: I ( )
Date: March 17, 2023 01:36AM

We LOVE you
We SUPPORT you
We Work With you

yada yada yada

Posted by: Clifton ( )
Date: March 21, 2023 08:20PM

..."We work FOR you!"

Posted by: I ( )
Date: March 22, 2023 12:49AM

Play for us... And
We'll pray for you

We can't do it without you

It's not really work
It's a "calling"

No one's listening

Date: March 17, 2023 02:34AM

ChurchCo is an organization that tells you that you shouldn’t sleep nude with your spouse, but you can cheat & lie as long as you’re cagey about it!

Have a problem with sexual abuse done by a leader?
DON’T CALL OUR HOT LINE !!

All our policies, decisions & actions are open for member comment before they’re finalized, including financials.
100% financial & policy transparency!

When any of our leaders makes a mistake, we’ll apologize, correct it, and make it right for all concerned.

As leaders, we promise to Do Everything we tell members to do.

We won’t accept favors from members tendered with expectations of any extraordinary privileges

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2023 02:40AM by GNPE.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 17, 2023 04:30PM

LDS Hymn that will not be sung: Dare to Do Right

Date: March 19, 2023 01:30PM

“We have been increasingly aware that Christ’s gospel was never one of exclusion; therefore all worthy females may have access to the blessings of holding HFs Priesthood…

We trust local stake presidents to fully implement this directive in their stakes no later than 4/1/2023.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 19, 2023 02:37PM

Again, I will NOT be announced as the next, and the first True Lamanite, Apostle!!!

Oh, what might have been!!!

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: March 19, 2023 03:10PM

Top Ten things you won't hear at the GC

10. Could the Relief society make sandwiches for the conference?
9. You can now pay tithing with Venmo.
8. Please join us in prayer for the Daybells
7. Receding waters in the Great Salt Lake is a hoax
6. Josh Weed has been called to head the singles ward
5. Easter will now officially be called the Egg holiday
4. The term, “what the heck is going on here?” will not be allowed at Boy Scout campouts
3. A new Fire Side for Seniors will be hosted by Donny and Marie
2. Age limit will be set for LDS president to 126 years old
1. Young LDS girls will now be allowed to pet on the first date

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 19, 2023 03:30PM

> 2.  Age limit will be set for LDS
>      president to 126 years old

I think we should be allowed to vote on the question: "Should any Prophet be allowed to live past the age of 110?"

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 19, 2023 03:52PM

You just want to eliminate the competition.

Date: March 20, 2023 10:47PM

SURRENDER DOROTHY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2023 10:47PM by GNPE.

Posted by: blindguy ( )
Date: March 20, 2023 11:09PM

Let's see...

* Adam is God.

* Brigham Young was a leader in racial thinking.

* Plural marriage will now be allowed on Earth as it is in the Celestial Kingdom.

* Joseph Smith was greater than Jesus Christ.

* Warren Jeffs is practicing true Mormonism.

I should note that some of what I've written above was/is practiced in the LDS church of yesterday/today but the leadership doesn't want it spoken about because it doesn't want the negative publicity.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: March 21, 2023 12:05AM

Unless you want to be a god or a goddess in a harem in a celestial existence, General Conference has no part in your personal goal set.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: March 21, 2023 02:56PM

~Brothers and Sisters we are pleased to present
a comprehensive report of church finances. This report will also be posted online for members and other interested parties to review.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.