Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: March 16, 2023 12:58PM

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/utah-bans-abortion-clinics_n_641343bce4b0fef15242ba06

Utah Bans Abortion Clinics In Wave Of Post-Roe Restrictions
The decision is raising concerns about how already overburdened hospitals will accommodate becoming the only place for legal abortions in the state.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: March 16, 2023 02:08PM

Just a thought, some politicians say we need to have more emigration so they will have the babies to fill the jobs so they can earn and pay taxes.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/09/21/watch-aoc-explains-that-we-need-more-immigration-because-were-having-fewer-kids-under-the-burdens-of-capitalism/

Abort on one hand and breed on the other, wonder if the rest of the world thinks we're nuts.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: March 16, 2023 02:29PM

tumwater Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wonder
> if the rest of the world thinks we're nuts.

I cannot answer on the grounds that ... :P

Sorry for a moment of levity (I need it!).

I know these are very serious issues.

They are not only occurring the States, of course. It's just that the US of A is predominantly in the news for numerous reasons/issues, obviously, so that takes up a lot of O2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2023 02:31PM by Nightingale.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: March 16, 2023 04:07PM

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 16, 2023 02:35PM

In terms of the churchy point of view, abortion does not "cheat" a spirit baby out of a body and a life experience, since the mormon position is that the spirit does not leave the Pre-Existence realm to occupy a body until just before birth.

Whatever the Pre-Existence spirit 'earned' in terms of a body will still hold true, and if it takes more time to get all the Pre-Existence spirits born into bodies, so be it.  After all, ghawd already knows what's going to happen, and when The Second Coming will occur, so nothing is "changing" from ghawd's perspective.

This is why the church is probably so chill; they know Heavenly farter has it all covered.  What will be, will be.

But a question, if I may: White people, the most righteous of those who come to earth...Are there more of them being born now, or are there more 'less-than-White' people being born, and if that's the case, why did ghawd save so many more "L-t-W" people for these latter days?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 16, 2023 02:43PM

He didn't intentionally leave them till late in the game. At a certain point he just realized that his L-t-W wife was the cutest of the bunch, and demographic trends in heaven consequently and suddenly changed.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: March 16, 2023 02:52PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In terms of the churchy point of view, abortion
> does not "cheat" a spirit baby out of a body and a
> life experience, since the mormon position is that
> the spirit does not leave the Pre-Existence realm
> to occupy a body until just before birth.

That is an astoundingly good point.

For those of us with less than expansive knowledge of Mormon tenets, this gets lost in the general muddle.

Maybe the Big-3 could use this as a teaching moment (or a proselytizing one) to reassure the world that All is Well.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 16, 2023 05:10PM

>Abort on one hand and breed on the other, wonder if the rest of the world thinks we're nuts.

This is like being surprised that food banks and diet clinics exist at the same time.

It's not that complicated.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 16, 2023 05:32PM

The U.S. has always had immigration, both legal and illegal. It's not like it's anything new. When I lived in NYC, I had an illegal immigrant neighbor from Italy. They come from all over. The last time I looked, the country sending the most legal immigrants to the U.S. was China. This may have changed, but for a while, China was the biggest source for legal immigrants to the U.S., making up one quarter of our new residents.

I work with immigrant children and their families. While I support the need for border control, it must be admitted that a certain number of people will make it across anyway. From the southern border, most immigrants that we see are coming up from Central America, and we are just starting to see some from South America. I can tell you that the ones that I see have all the qualities that you would want in a U.S. resident or citizen. They are tenacious, persistent, and very hard working. They have stable families, and for the most part, are excellent parents. Their children are a pleasure to work with, and they learn well. The immigrants take the jobs that no one else will, as maids, child care workers, landscapers, field workers, and handymen. They are not taking anything away from anyone, but I can assure you that these people are going places in life.

I've personally talked to two families who walked all the way to the U.S. from Central America. That's right, *walked*. I don't think it's that unusual. How many U.S. citizens have that level of motivation?

My school district has more than sixty languages represented by immigrant families. They are coming from *everywhere.* I'm going to bet that most people have no idea. Diversity is not only our present, it is even moreso our future.

Date: March 16, 2023 08:02PM

The school I graduated from in suburban Seattle, now has students from 160 different countries who speak 100 different languages. When I went to school there, it was all white kids, with very few exceptions.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 16, 2023 08:52PM

er det norsktalende elever i klassene eller skolekretsen din?

Posted by: anonynon ( )
Date: March 16, 2023 08:21PM

One of the small points in the Supreme Court opinion was that restricting abortion would shore up the "domestic supply" of workers since the birth rate is going down.

It was disgusting to read.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 16, 2023 08:31PM

Gotta keep the herd in shape. . .

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: March 16, 2023 02:45PM

So now all the rich Utahns will have to go elsewhere...

Date: March 16, 2023 03:23PM

All of the politician's secret mistresses will have to go out of state to 'take care of' their natural consequences.

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: March 16, 2023 04:04PM

Great they can flood MN to take care of things. We are the Island for abortion in the upper Midwest.

Date: March 16, 2023 08:56PM

Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, Nevada & New Mexico are closer, I’m not sure about Arizona’s laws (is anyone??), Wyoming = ? as far as I know…

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 16, 2023 04:51PM

The new Surrogate Sisterhood can't be launched until the church gets 'group homes' set up, where the produce of the Surrogate Sisterhood can be suitably housed and educated.

Then members of the Surrogate Sisterhood will receive their seven to eight-month callings as recipients of the fetii transferred to them by 'moms' unwilling to go through with it, for whatever reasons.  Abortions will no longer take place!!!

There will also be an added Temple ceremony in which the new fetus is sealed to the Surrogate Sister, but just on paper; the Surrogate Sister will have nothing ever to do with the new church member. She will only have the blessings of Surrogate Sisterhood.  It'll be one more thing to be thankful for during their monthly F&TM mewlings.  (Bitter? Me!?)

Thus ALLLLLL these new spirits will be BIC and will live in their group homes until their mission calls.  What happens after they complete their missions is still up in the air, and while whatever the church comes up with might resemble slavery, it most assuredly is not since it has only the welfare of the RM in mind.

The rolls of the church will grow, frequent D-News articles will extol these fine young people, YouTube will have weekly videos showing off how great they have it, and mankind will be blessed by their mere existence.

Also up in the air is whether or not to charge a fee to the men who want to marry the RM Sisters...

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 16, 2023 09:00PM

https://sourcenm.com/2023/03/11/effort-to-protect-abortion-medical-providers-and-patients-passes-senate/

Democratic lawmakers are continuing their push to get bills passed through the Roundhouse that protect abortion rights. Meanwhile, Republicans keep taking up hours of time to speak against the measures that are likely to pass nonetheless.

There’s a week left in this year’s 60-day session. Hundreds of bills have yet to be heard on the Senate and House floors or are stuck in committees.

Senators passed Senate Bill 13, Reproductive Health Provider Protections, by a 26-16 vote on Friday. The testy, two-hour-long debate was a drastic change of pace from bipartisan cheers senators had about their win in a basketball game against colleagues on the House side on Thursday.

Supporters say the bill will strengthen reproductive rights for providers and patients seeking abortions and gender-affirming health care rights.

“If you seek or provide reproductive or gender-affirming care here in New Mexico, regardless of where you come from, New Mexico will do everything in its power to protect you and your information from the reach of other states,” bill sponsor Sen. Linda Lopez (D-Albuquerque) said.

The bill’s now halfway through the Legislature. It has to make it through the House before landing on the governor’s desk.

Date: March 16, 2023 09:33PM

In the Washington legislature there aren’t separate districts for house & senate..

each district has 2 representatives & 1 senator, therefore no - at least minimal confusion regarding which district one resides in…

Why are any states otherwise ???

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.