Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: May 09, 2023 04:49PM

No, caste system is not exclusive to India. No one escapes. India is just better at locking you in your place.

America is home of the free---Free to ensure others are beneath you in status as a means to elevate your own Societal Credit Score. Untouchables become essential, then, to this system. And there is always an "untouchable du jour" as one group claws their way out of that tier and replacements are recruited.

This is where religion comes to the rescue offering great comfort to the lower caste, to keep them in place, reminding them that as the Bible says, the first shall be last and the last shall be first and it's easier for a camel to get through the eye of the needle, yada yada yada blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven and don't let it bug you that it's the rich successful Mormons who are getting the guarantee of the Second Anointing. No matter how hard it is for you now, you outcasts are going to be Heavenly Father's favorites when you get to heaven. Really. I Swear. Like for sure. How lucky are you!

Problem is everyone claims to be "the last" now as even the Religious Right are claiming persecution as they force their ways on everyone. Who is truly the "last" will be harder for God to decide in the end than picking who wins the next Super Bowl.

So, Mormons. When you get to the CK, you think you're going to be hanging with Jesus? You think the Nelson's or the Monson's are going to have you to dinner? SWK and Brigham taking you on a road trip to see some galaxies in a luxed out Chariot of Fire complete with flight attendants from the Telestial Kingdom?

Don't kid yourselves.

As a young teen we had Mark E. Petersen and Sister Petersen for lunch after he dedicated the chapel that we raised money for and mostly built ourselves. My dad was the bishop and this was an enormous honor for him to have them. I saw it all differently than the rest of the family even then. The Petersens were slumming and I knew it. Especially her. Really showed. We were poor. WWII instead of college for my parents. That was the first time I got that I was pretty low on the Caste. The intended equalizer---"brother or sister"-- didn't really mean much. The little people from the village and head of the company store seemed more appropriate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 09, 2023 05:53PM

in the ward. We never were around the special people.

I really was told how it is when I wrote to Packer on the advice of a bishop friend. I've talked about it. It was the most horrible letter I've ever received. He told me he didn't have time for me and how dare I take up his precious time, he was important and I was not. He basically told almost in the exact language that my soul wasn't worth as much as his.

Last thing I'd want anyway is to be around those men who think so highly of themselves. I just didn't want to lose my family, more my children and husband were my focus.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: May 10, 2023 02:28PM

cl2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I really was told how it is when I wrote to Packer
> on the advice of a bishop friend. I've talked
> about it. It was the most horrible letter I've
> ever received. He told me he didn't have time for
> me and how dare I take up his precious time, he
> was important and I was not. He basically told
> almost in the exact language that my soul wasn't
> worth as much as his.

What on earth...???

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 10, 2023 02:36PM

Oh, that is attested many times over. Generally the apostles ignore letters and just have them sent to the local SP. But Packard added his personal touch.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: May 10, 2023 03:06PM

Maybe the leaders are so big-headed they forget to ask WWJD.

Absolutely awful comments to make to anybody. The letter should be published and let the masses see how these 'men of God' treat their organization's members.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 10, 2023 03:12PM

There are several such letters available on the internet although I no longer know how to find them.

SOP, really.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 09, 2023 06:05PM

Posted by: blindguy ( )
Date: May 09, 2023 11:31PM

Substitute the word "class," for "cast," and you have not only the U.S. but the rest of the world in a nutshell. Even the so-called Communist countries! We humans can't seem to realize that we're all the same!

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 10, 2023 02:20PM

I'm grateful for the leisure and opportunity I have. I do yoga and meditate, read, and write. So many human beings are in a worse condition. The freedom to think sans Mormonism is one of the greatest things in my life.

Posted by: Kick out the Jams ( )
Date: May 12, 2023 09:32AM

The caste system is WAY worse than anything in the USA.

In India, so called Untouchables (Dalits) weren't even allowed to go out at dawn and dusk in case their long shadows came into contact with someone of a higher caste.

This is one reason why so many of Dalits have gone over to Buddhism, Christianity and radical movements.

Then you have somewhere like North Korea with hereditary prison camps, where the great grandchildren of war collaborators are serving their prison time.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.