Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: May 18, 2023 12:28PM

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2023/04/06/jana-riess-past-lds-prophets-have/

“When he was serving as the prophet, Brigham Young declared that “this people that are commonly called Negroes are children of Cain” and that anyone who held “the African blood” was not worthy of the priesthood. A host of other Latter-day Saint leaders through the years followed with racist rhetoric from the pulpit as they justified terrible exclusion policies as the will of God.

None of those things is the current teaching of the prophets. On the contrary, President Nelson has spoken of the need to repent of racism and has joined in partnership with the NAACP, one of the very organizations that earlier church leader Ezra Taft Benson said was part of a communist conspiracy.“

President Nelson has spoken of the need to repent of racism, without acknowledging the racism of past “PRophets” or the blatant racism and white supremacy that is still being published and distributed everyday to every corner of the planet by the worlds biggest standing army of Cult brainwashers. So that is closer to gaslighting than repentance.

Where’s the apology?
Where’s the repudiation of racism in the scriptures?
Where is the denunciation of the racist 19th C myths MORmONism is founded upon?
Where’s the editing of the most correct book on Earth, that’s been edited 5,000 times already?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 18, 2023 01:13PM

> Where’s the apology?
>
> Where’s the repudiation of
> racism in the scriptures?
>
> Where is the denunciation
> of the racist 19th C myths
> MORmONism is founded upon?
>
> Where’s the editing of the
> most correct book on Earth,
> that’s been edited 5,000
> times already?
>

Two Questions:

Is this a timed test?

What percentage of our final grade does it constitute?

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: May 18, 2023 01:34PM

Don't worry, he grades on the curve.

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: May 19, 2023 09:23PM

Is Jana just doing her job, or is she asking real life questions?

I never know.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 18, 2023 01:49PM

(I think we all know this)

Only extremely Fine Tuning of past prophetic sayings is permitted, interpretation, perspective - context, etc.

To apologize or admit error undermines if not destroys their current cred as well as the past.

deception can't be admitted or dealt with, it's 'not part of the program'.

Date: May 19, 2023 12:29PM

Right, they just sweep it all under the rug and hope nobody notices that they are gaslighting the world by demanding ‘others’ repent of THEIR racism, without ever admitting any racism exists currently in Mormon scriptures or teachings, when it’s right there in black and white and clearly unavoidable.

No wonder people hate Mormons more than Muslims or Atheists, they can see right through their lies and gaslighting.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 20, 2023 10:33AM

Do you ever notice that it's the ones in charge that want everyone else to repent? And in Mormonism, the ones in charge get the "get out of jail free card," a.k.a. the Second Annointing.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: May 18, 2023 02:14PM

There have been 23* editions of the Endowment Ceremony, all of which are true and correct.

* yes, made up, but the actual number is irrelevant as long as it is greater than 1.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 18, 2023 02:25PM

I read (or it was revealed to me) that when the St. George temple was nearing completion, a meeting was held by those thought to be in the know regarding the EXACT and proper wording of the Enbowelment (or is it Endowelment?) Ceremony.

A bunch of leading lights (in their heads) got together and prayerfully came to a consensus, which is how ghawd governs in this modern era when The Prophet refuses to put new batteries in his penlight.

Obviously, they got it right because it wasn't until years and years later that it had to be changed...

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 18, 2023 07:57PM

That whole Adam-God thing. . .

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: May 18, 2023 08:14PM

Adam-God is easy to explain.

Adam was Elohim's temple name.

Brigham just got a little confused.

Date: May 18, 2023 10:08PM

I know when I was Mormon I never got asked about the whole Adam/God theory, but if I had I probably would have used the same cliches they still use, “Why does that matter to your salvation?”

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: May 18, 2023 10:17PM

They make it up as they go along. That's what a living prophet does. When is it okay to disobey made-up stuff?

I don't think it is OKAY to obey these wannabe dictators.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: May 20, 2023 11:09AM

I find this piece to be "facilitating".

Jana seems to be questioning but only so far as her attempt to bridge a gap. This is not helping the youth. This will bring a lot of the young to a place I saw a lot of other missionaries in when I was serving my time. That is, the missionaries felt they were superior because they had been wild, sinned and then repented and returned stronger than ever. You know, the Alma the Younger complex. I think Jana is feeding that.

Date: May 20, 2023 12:49PM

The current PRophet is wrong. When is it ok to obey him?
If he really meant racism is a sin, HE would repent of it, by first admitting the church he runs is still racist and he’d edit out the 19th C racist myths that were mistaken for the word of God. But because he doesn’t really care about the feelings of non-white people, he proudly publishes and distributes those racist myths every day. So when is it ok to support that?
Never.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.