Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: June 01, 2023 05:45PM

Love it.

But real PBs don't let you choose most of those things. Like baby blessings. They are marching orders.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2023 05:45PM by slskipper.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: June 01, 2023 06:07PM

I got my patriarchal blessing just before I went on my mission at 22 yrs old. It said I would serve my mission in "one of the four corners of the world." I thought the world was round. I went to the Caribbean Islands.

Posted by: Silence is Golden ( )
Date: June 01, 2023 06:59PM

My blessing said I would be a great leader among my fellow men, and I received it around the age of 17. I have yet to be elected President.

But I have to admit, the PDF that came up, was darn close to most patriarchal blessings I have seen.

Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: June 01, 2023 08:39PM

I received my PB when I was 16. It was a very uncomfortable experience. The patriarch was odd and not at all friendly. The blessing itself was not comforting. One part told me not to be a "flame that consumed and destroyed." I was mostly a good girl so I took that as an insult. It also cautioned, "this, in spite of what has come before, and even because of what has come before." I had no idea what that meant but it seemed that something bad would happen and a lot did after that blessing. When the blessing was over with I about ran out of the Patriarch's house. I was so glad it was over with. I eventually tore up the "blessing." It was more like a cursing.

When I was set apart as a missionary in the MTC I was promised that "my children would call me blessed" and other nice things, none of which happened. No children. No eternal husband. I was a dedicated missionary and did my best. I came home and was a dedicated Mormon, not leaving till I was in my mid 30s. None of those damn promises came true.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: June 01, 2023 09:06PM

One suspects that the patriarch had the hots for you and was trying to deflect the onus onto you.

Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: June 01, 2023 09:29PM

Could be!!!

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: June 04, 2023 12:41AM

Don't give up hope!

It could all come true in the millennium.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: June 02, 2023 01:31AM

Can anyone find the deseret translator? I loved that thing.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: June 04, 2023 03:06AM

User error? GIGO? Never!

Danka!

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: June 04, 2023 01:57PM

I was told to read a particular section of of The Pearl of Great Price. That section doesn't exist. Tee hee!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.