Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nolongerin ( )
Date: November 04, 2010 02:45AM

Okay, so I just had to do this. I used the selection from D&C provided by CraigC and plugged it in on the wordle.net site. This site creates beautiful word clouds from text you enter, based on the repetition of words.

Well, the word cloud it created was not only beautiful, but telling.

And now it is on public display, with a tag to RFM!

For your viewing pleasure:

http://www.wordle.net/show/wrdl/2673500/even_in_the_doctrine_and_covenants

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rebecca ( )
Date: November 04, 2010 04:14AM

would it be possible to get a further explanation from someone more edumacated, even, such as yourself?

(I get extra points for the "such as") LOL

Posted by: Diane ( )
Date: November 04, 2010 08:08AM

This program takes any passage and it makes any word that is repeated larger than the others. The size of the word indicates its importance (how many times it is used) It takes out words like "the" and "and."

So this word cloud shows that "Even" was the most used word in the passage.

Posted by: LehiExMo ( )
Date: November 04, 2010 04:54AM

You can use this cloud to construct your own D&C revelations, like this...

"Behold, let the people of the Earth rejoice for the promise of the Lord is fulfilled. For unto you have I established my kingdom upon the face of the Earth. Wherefore, let my servant, even nolongerin, stand and receive the blessings of heaven which I have promised. Verily, even the comforter shall be with thee in thy habitation, and thy many wives shall be sanctified. For thou hast labored all thy days, and unto celestial glory shalt thou rest. Let the testimony of my disciples ring in every city, and let the afflicted receive angles among them. For I the Lord have assembled mine angles at the appointed time, and they stand even at the gates."

Well, I'm not quite as good as Joseph, but you get the picture. Imagine how many more scriptures the TBM would have to tote around if JS had Wordle! They'd need a wheelbarrow.

Has anyone ever notice how chatty God is in the D&C? The guy can't freakin' shuddup! I swear he loves to just hear himself talk. Of course, if I had a few million wives I might be a little chatty too - 'cause you know on Kolob God ain't gettin' a single word in. Maybe that's why there are so many revelations.

"Freakin' A' honey! I'll take out the celestial trash later. This 'honey do' list goes on for eternity! I, uh, gotta go give my prophet another revelation. It is for work, I swear. No, I am not sleeping with you tonight, Judy the 14th promised me a "special treat." Close quote. Freak. Okay fine! I am leaving now.... No. No I will not return and report to you! I am the God of this planet, remember? Oh, oh no. I am leaving! I am leaving!!!

Hey Joseph, wazzup buddy? Man am I glad to talk to you. I'm gonna make this one extra long today. No way in Hell I wanna go back up there."

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: November 04, 2010 12:06PM

... a conference talk or two
... a full sacrament meeting

unfortunately I can't seem to get it to work in my IBM WebSphere Administration class in Dallas, TX (yeah, I'm learning a lot -- not)

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: November 04, 2010 12:42PM

... what was the conclusion of your paper: "Masculinity_in_French_Crime_Film" .... present or not present? And, more interestingly, do you like it that way? LOL

Posted by: maria ( )
Date: November 04, 2010 12:48PM

Sorry to get anyone excited. :)

It was about masculinity in French crime film in how it relates to the genre of French crime film.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.