Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: September 22, 2010 11:45AM

My car is still packed to move to SOCAL, but I've decided definitely to stay in Sonoma County. I believe it was fear that was the driving force behind the move to my Aunt's house. The economy the way it is, my joblessness, the on-going effects of stress and depression, all the uncertainty was making me think that if I could just land somewhere safe.... things would turn out all right.

As it happens, I'm healing quite well here at Ann's house. I'm meditating, moving, spending much more time outside, breathing fresh air, eating healthy, fresh food, doing yardwork (!) and mopping floors, re-decorating Ann's house (through a lot of re-purposing), and my mind is pregnant with ideas. I'm experiencing frequent moments of happiness, a feeling that is practically foreign to me. And Bosco is in kitty heaven, otherwise known as the backyard/orchard.

My son's case is wrapping up at the end of this week. Tearfully, his Public Defender told me this was the worst case of beaurocracy she had ever seen (it's been a year since his initial arrest in which he dilusionally thought the police who were trying to talk to him were the FBI Agents who had raped him).

So, I'm staying. I can take classes online, work on my new business plan, and live moments of happy ever after right here in wine country. (besides, "Beach Girl" doesn't really fit me.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: September 22, 2010 11:47AM

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: September 22, 2010 12:01PM

well you vcan always move to Miami...there is plenty of Jesus' here!! :).... i think you prolly did best staying where you are!! and i hope your son does well also!! courts aren't always kind~! :(

Posted by: BrightAqua ( )
Date: September 22, 2010 11:57AM

WCG:

Oh my - you're staying in NoCal!!! Maybe we can finally meet. Email to follow!

Posted by: Top ( )
Date: September 22, 2010 07:44PM

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: September 22, 2010 10:11PM

It's taylorken@aol.com. I've tried to call but it just keeps ringing. I'm coming to bay area next week. Email me, baby!!

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: September 22, 2010 10:22PM

Date: September 22, 2010 10:24PM

I didn't see your reply Ken! And I guess the one I just sent to WCG is old . . .

Glad you saw the board!

;o)

Date: September 22, 2010 10:25PM

Date: September 22, 2010 10:29PM

You're probably out doing "yard work" when he calls anyway. <snort>

And now that I look a little closer, I DID have the right email addy after all. Man, I'm getting tired here on the East Coast you guys. I'm going to bed. Have fun catching up.

Nite-Nite. *Smooch*

;o)

Posted by: wcg ( )
Date: September 22, 2010 10:25PM

if Ken would email once in awhile instead of using that new fangled contraption they call a "cell phone" he'd know where the hell i am. (kidding....totally kidding)

Posted by: wcg ( )
Date: September 22, 2010 10:26PM

Shit! Now I have to get off RFM. The things I do for love.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.