Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: November 05, 2010 06:07AM

Another thread reminded me of the faith promoting film shown in Sunday school about the "martyrdom" of J.S in Carthage jail.

the version I saw (which must be at least 15 ~ 20 years ago) showed a sober group without a weapon.

Recent conversations with TBM's, assure me that all Mormons know that Joseph Smith had a gun and shot people when a mob besieged the jail.

so..... do they still show the same film? do they have a new version? does someone explain the true facts? or was this TBM just blowing hot air?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Segundo ( )
Date: November 05, 2010 10:39AM

But, it is still the faith-promoting slaughter of the innocent. No guns inside the jail cell, no fighting back. I tried to tell my TBM wife about the true account, and she got pissed off at me.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: November 05, 2010 10:54AM

Which is funny, because the Manti pageant showed him having a gun and firing back at the crowd. It was more like the Alamo than a slaughter of the unarmed.

Posted by: Charley ( )
Date: November 05, 2010 11:48AM

I'll bet they leave out the wine drinking and the tobacco smoking or was it chewing too.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.