Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Nick Humphrey ( )
Date: November 05, 2010 11:32AM

this is what i have found from the BOM so far:

2 nephi 26:31
"
31 But the laborer in Zion shall labor for Zion; for if they labor for money they shall perish.
"

mosiah 2:14
"And even I, myself, have labored with mine own hands that I might serve you, and that ye should not be laden with taxes"

mosiah 9:12
"
12 Now they were a lazy and an idolatrous people; therefore they were desirous to bring us into bondage, that they might glut themselves with the labors of our hands; yea, that they might feast themselves upon the flocks of our fields.
"

mosiah 11:
"
3 And he laid a tax of one fifth part of all they possessed...
4 And all this did he take to support himself, and his wives and his concubines; and also his priests, and their wives and their concubines; thus he had changed the affairs of the kingdom.
6 Yea, and thus they were supported in their laziness, and in their idolatry, and in their whoredoms, by the taxes which king Noah had put upon his people; thus did the people labor exceedingly to support iniquity.
8 And it came to pass that king Noah built many elegant and spacious buildings; and he ornamented them with fine work of wood, and of all manner of precious things, of gold, and of silver, and of iron, and of brass, and of ziff, and of copper;
9 And he also built him a spacious palace, and a throne in the midst thereof, all of which was of fine wood and was ornamented with gold and silver and with precious things.
10 And he also caused that his workmen should work all manner of fine work within the walls of the temple, of fine wood, and of copper, and of brass.
"
this sounds very familiar (COB offices, etc) =)

mosiah 18:24,26
"
24 And he also commanded them that the priests whom he had ordained should labor with their own hands for their support.
26 And the priests were not to depend upon the people for their support; but for their labor they were to receive the grace of God, that they might wax strong in the Spirit, having the knowledge of God, that they might teach with power and authority from God.
"

mosiah 27:4-5
"
4 That they should let no pride nor haughtiness disturb their peace; that every man should esteem his neighbor as himself, laboring with their own hands for their support.
5 Yea, and all their priests and teachers should labor with their own hands for their support, in all cases save it were in sickness, or in much want;
"

alma 1:3
"
3 And he had gone about among the people, preaching to them that which he termed to be the word of God, bearing down against the church; declaring unto the people that every priest and teacher ought to become popular; and they ought not to labor with their hands, but that they ought to be supported by the people.
"

alma 30:27
"
27 And thus ye lead away this people after the foolish traditions of your fathers, and according to your own desires; and ye keep them down, even as it were in bondage, that ye may glut yourselves with the labors of their hands,
"

this picture of monson reminds me of the word "glut":
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5wRVdKoLhik/S_jGM3PQ_wI/AAAAAAAAE24/D5GLVSX9P_c/s1600/IMG_3013.JPG
look at that belly. he is well fed, and on the expense of the church and tithing payer's money.
the same with jeffrey "hollandaise":
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5wRVdKoLhik/S_jInJOlPcI/AAAAAAAAE34/_HC9ZAWIYYA/s1600/IMG_2989.JPG

alma 30:32-34
"
32 Now Alma said unto him: Thou knowest that we do not glut ourselves upon the labors of this people; for behold I have labored even from the commencement of the reign of the judges until now, with mine own hands for my support, notwithstanding my many travels round about the land to declare the word of God unto my people.
33 And notwithstanding the many labors which I have performed in the church, I have never received so much as even one senine for my labor; neither has any of my brethren, save it were in the judgment-seat; and then we have received only according to law for our time.
34 And now, if we do not receive anything for our labors in the church, what doth it profit us to labor in the church save it were to declare the truth, that we may have rejoicings in the joy of our brethren?
"

are there any other BOM references? (how about other sources too?)

Edited 12 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2010 11:56AM by Nick Humphrey.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.