Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Duder ( )
Date: November 05, 2010 12:13PM

I have learned to feed myself.

For so long, I was force-fed everything that spiritually sustained me. There were things I wanted to spit out, but I trusted those who kept me fed. They seemed healthy enough. And I think they loved me.

At some point, I became a cafeteria mormon, choosing only the spiritual morsels I enjoyed. If something no longer appealed to me, I left it uneaten, but I did not want to give up on the idea of others feeding me. At times, I felt very guilty for using the cafeteria, and leaving so many items untouched. It was as if I was insulting those who prepared so many meals for me.

Then, I became violently ill after a particularly bad stretch of cafeteria food. I refused to return, no matter how lovingly my friends offered.

After a season of absolute starvation, I am finally learning to find spiritual food on my own. I forage. I hunt. I scavenge. I even steal. But I refuse to accept my spiritual food from the hand of anyone who may use it to control me. That will never happen again.

Call it pride. Call it a lack of faith. Just don't call me to your dinner table. I'll take care of myself.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: November 05, 2010 12:25PM

But this time with actual nutritious food.

Too much cotton candy makes your tummy box broken.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.