Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Tl ( )
Date: November 05, 2010 03:14PM

How does my friend feel before and after she visits the temple. She has been there at least 30 times. I know she can't talk about the temple, but can she talk about her feelings?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: November 05, 2010 04:24PM

She is not supposed to talk about what happens in the temple, other then in general terms.

she can tell you her feelings, but may not want to

if you have read any of the temple experiences on this board, you may see that - no matter what you *really* feel - you are *supposed* to feel humbled, peaceful and profoundly spiritual.... many people do NOT feel like this, but they will have a hard time actually admitting it to anyone else.

the best way to describe it, is *the emperor's new clothes*...Everyone is conditioned to say "isn't he grand!!", and there are very few people who actually have the guts to stand up and say "the emperor has no clothes on"

Posted by: Jon ( )
Date: November 05, 2010 04:29PM

Well, I felt a bit like a moony!

Code names, Handshakes, tokens, passwords...
It was like trying to get into a Masonic Online Bank Account

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: November 05, 2010 04:46PM

A good little TBM would enthuse to you about how wonderfully uplifting and spiritual a visit to the temple is.

If your friend is not telling you this, then as 'onceanelder' suggested, it is because she does not want to admit that she is not feeling the way she "should" about it.

The only people I ever knew who "loved" going to the temple were harried moms whose occasional trip to the Temple was their one and only acceptable temporary escape from otherwise constant child care.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2010 04:46PM by WiserWomanNow.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.