Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: archaicoctober ( )
Date: November 05, 2010 07:41PM

This might be old news here, but maybe not!
Scroll up to read the full review once your on the page.

http://www.amazon.com/review/RR8SYLT7HF7TK/ref=cm_cr_pr_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=0143105531&nodeID=&tag=&linkCode=#wasThisHelpful

Hilarious!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: November 05, 2010 08:13PM

That is indeed exceedingly hilarious!

Posted by: Rebecca ( )
Date: November 05, 2010 08:42PM

Posted by: Rebecca ( )
Date: November 05, 2010 08:43PM

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: November 05, 2010 08:55PM

Each and every review of the BOM provides for a "helpful/not helpful" vote.

RFM'ers take note ...

Posted by: mick ( )
Date: November 05, 2010 09:24PM

A couple of interesting parts in the comments;

"6. It confirms the resurrection of Jesus Christ. It's the only record that does." Really?

John 20:13-14 "And they say unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? She saith unto them, Because they have taken away my LORD, and I know not where they have laid him.
And when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus."

"My encouragement is however, try reading it like you do the Bible." I do. I take it all with a grain of salt!

Posted by: sparta ( )
Date: November 06, 2010 10:10AM

I've always loved Tanstaafl's stuff- he's an old timer here :)

Posted by: archaicoctober ( )
Date: November 06, 2010 02:01PM

Yeah, given I'm relatively new (only been posting for 2 months, lurking for a year) I didn't know if anyone had seen it. In fact most of the "reviews" that are testimonkeys get some pretty hilarious comments from non-LDS.

It think its funny that the Bible reviews dont have the fanatical testimony like the BoM reviews. I'm not christian whatsoever, but the whole "proclaim absurdity" index is a bigger part of LDS culture. I guess you really need that monthly group rah-rah session in order to keep your brain hyper-compartmentalized.

Posted by: me ( )
Date: November 06, 2010 03:44PM

This is my favorite line from that review:

'For there are some who say "it stinketh not," but as for me it doth stink, exceedingly.'

It proves he's not bs'ing us. LOL

Posted by: Just Thinking ( )
Date: November 06, 2010 07:16PM

The prophet Tanstaafl showeth forth with words both mighty and pithy, and with which he doth divide asunder the bowels of Mormonism, which asundered bowels raiseth a mighty stink to the almighty, and which giveth forth venomous fumes that cloudeth the mind, and confuseth the soul,and which is like unto the submarines of Jared whereby the suffering saints cried out for air, and which did cause all before it to raise an almighty cry to the Almighty.

And it came to pass that no light, and no fresh air, cameth forth from the sundered bowels of Mormonism, which stinketh, and which caused even Nephi, yea the mighty prophet of old, to raise his sword of steel and cry unto the heavens and say WTF? And Nephi did pray a mighty prayer unto The Lord, and with the mighty prayer that he mightily prayed he prayed most mightily that his mighty prayer might be heard by The Lord who sometimes listens to mighty prayers depending on how mighty the mighty prayer is who prays the mighty prayers unto the Lord who may listen to mighty prayers who say mighty prayers.

And it came to pass that the mighty prayers of the Mighty Prayer were not heard by the Lord whose eyes and nose were stinging from the wretched smell of the sundered bowels of Mormonism that rose up to his nostrils.

And it came to pass that the stench of Mormonism did pervade the whole earth even unto the ends of the earth such that not even mighty prayers from all the Mighty Prayers would still the smell. For behold the stench of Mormonism caused even the odor of roadkill skunks to be held as that of roses. And so came to an end the year of "The Big Stink".

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.