Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: eddie ( )
Date: November 06, 2010 04:29PM

2 Samuel 3:14 And David sent messengers to Ishbosheth Saul's son, saying, Deliver me my wife Michal, which I espoused to me for an hundred foreskins of the Philistines.

1 Samuel 18:27 Wherefore David arose and went, he and his men, and slew of the Philistines two hundred men; and David brought their foreskins, and they gave them in full tale to the king, that he might be the king’s son in law. And Saul gave him Michal his daughter wife.

I would imagine some would argue that this is more advanced, progressive, and refined than those living near these primitive people. Perhaps they are right but this is macabre by any standards in my opinion and a bit too Ed Gein-ish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Gein

"king" David anyone? I propose that King David be renamed King Ed or perhaps King Gein. Genital mutilation of those killed in battle is rather disturbing.

I wonder what they did with these 200 foreskin's. A nice wedding veil and dress for Michal perhaps? A foreskin mesh/ringlet bikini? A foreskin tablecloth for holiday dinners?

It also makes a great idea for a Primary Sharing Time activity. The kids can make faux foreskin necklaces from brown construction paper. "Look what I made in Primary today mommy."

In the words of the Philistines, "This really gets my 'nads" ;-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mick ( )
Date: November 06, 2010 04:55PM

Kind of like a necklace of ears but with foreskins.

Not the weirdest or craziest actions in battle.

Ed Gein was kind of an interesting person. All those horror movies like Psycho, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, etc are all based on him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.