Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: November 06, 2010 08:38PM

I recently have had to go through my mother's desk while she is in the hospital so that I can pay her bills and take care of her affairs.

My mother did not get her patriarchial blessing until she was in her late 70's. She just never felt it was important. I know her bishop pressured her to get the blessing.

My father died when my mother was 64 and he was a never mo who disliked the Mormon church very much. I know my mother had told this to the bishop.

Anyway, I came across mom's p. blessing in her desk accidently. In my mother's blessing the patriarch goes on and on about how my mother will very soon find a temple worthy husband in this life who will be sealed to her for eternity and they will have children together (what the ?????) and they will convert many people on the earth and do loads of genealogy together and .... well you get the picture. I was never so hurt and angery at the same time. My mother and father had a great, loving marriage. My mother never wanted to be with anyone else but my father, especially after he died, yet nothing was mentioned about him at all even though my mother had him sealed to her after he died. And by the sound of the blessing, I think Mom's bishop fed a lot of personal and specific details about our family to the patriarch, that the patriarch could not have otherwise known, so as to manipulate my mother into staying active and possibly going on a senior mission. Mom NEVER wanted to go on a senior mission and kept turning him down when he would ask her to put in papers.

I really thought I was past the anger I felt towards Mormonism but this really got me steamed. My mother is no longer active in Mormonism and she knows the things I've told her about Joseph Smith and Mormon history are true. But I almost tore that piece of paper to shreds over what I feel was a meddling bishop trying to disrespect my father's memory and mocking what was a very good marriage. The bishop never even met my father. Frankly, I think it had no effect on my mother at all. Thank goodness she never took that garbage seriously. I am anxious to know how she felt about it at the time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: November 06, 2010 09:35PM

Ain't it funny how the Morg'll go on and on about "Marriage" and "Family" and how great it is and all that crap while it destroys every one they can. They have NO respect for marriage!

Nasty rotten cult.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: November 06, 2010 09:51PM

So cruel to do that to a good person.

What was he doing when he wrote that? Mainlining Drano? :o||

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: November 06, 2010 10:07PM

It shows how truly uninspired he was, and how they just have canned blessings that they give the same one to everyone. They just change the name and maybe try to add a personal detail or two. He just took a prewritten blessing for a young woman, and forgot to change detail about "having children."

Posted by: TippyToo ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 02:17PM

What a scam job. Manipulation is the name of the game at LDS Inc.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.