Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: olive ( )
Date: September 22, 2010 04:01PM

It's hard to believe that it's been 2 years since he left. Since then, my husband and I have had our first baby, the only grandchild. BIL's first request is that when he arrives, he wants to hug his only nephew first. We are planning to be at the airport so if I see him trying to convert my 15 month old I will be sure to notice! JK

I'm kind of dreading it though. While I'm happy that he's home and the deprogramming can begin, I know that at first it's all going to be about how great the mission was, how many people did he baptize, etc. Geez, I'm lucky if when I go over to MIL's house if there are 10 minutes that go by when something church related isn't brought up. Now I'm sure it will be worse.

I'm just hoping that he can get comfortable quickly and the missionary instinct will fade (for my sake please! I'm the only non-member!). Hopefully he can have some fun before he leaves to continue his studies at BYU next year (and I know he can- this is the same BIL that my husband caught in bed with another girl like 3 weeks before he was to leave to go on a mission). :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.