Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 12:11PM

Okay, say the church eventually recognizes same-sex marriage but *doesn't* extend the priesthood to women.

Does that mean two priesthood holders for gay male couples, but none in the case of lesbian marriages? What kind of can of worms would *that* open?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 12:22PM

No home is complete without it! Women aren't whatever enough to handle holding the priesthood and need men to make those executive decisions for them through their direct line to Gawwwwd. After all, we're too busy being pregnant and raising 12 kids to ever think for ourselves anyway. Sexuality and intimacy are just worldly emotions.

Posted by: Jon ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 12:24PM

What is 'Priesthood' member better at in the home in comparison to a 'Parent'?

Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 12:36PM

Jon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is 'Priesthood' member better at in the home
> in comparison to a 'Parent'?

Sex?

(But only for procreation.)

Barring that they're the same.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 12:25PM

You made me laugh.

Not in my lifetime--I can tell you that.

As my ex said about Packer's talk--"I'm glad he said it. Everyone thinks that the church is softening it's stance towards gays, but Packer just reinforced what we all know they think."

I think that is part of the threat to mormon leaders--who will be the "leader" in a gay relationship? Mormon leaders like being "the leader" and the wife being subservient. Oh what a mess if there are two men! AND maybe that is another part of their problem--is what will two lesbians do?

I remember my HTs every now and then (a couple, not two men) mentioning I didnt' have the priesthood in my home. HA HA HA I had more peace in my home than most people ever have. My kids and I got along great most of the time (not always). My MIL said she was going to send me pictures of Christ for every room because we needed the spirit of Christ since we didn't have the priesthood. We got along just fine without religion in the house.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 12:32PM

Well, and with others who insist upon "traditional" family structures, which really aren't all that traditional, truth be told.

Yep, it really isn't about gays. It's about "keeping women in their place".

Posted by: voltaire ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 12:50PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.