Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 01:20PM

Mormon Mommy Jenny Hatch has waded into the deep end on a Pharyngula thread. She's definitely in over her head.

Not only is she proudly mormon, she's proudly anti-vaccine, and she's proudly anecdote-as-fact, and she's conspiracy prone.

Anyone here interested in taking her on?

The thread is here:
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2011/09/14/michele-bachmann-pseudo-scientist-and-anti-vaxxer/comment-page-1/#comment-55885

And here's one of Jenny Hatch's posts:
"Steve Burd, whose Coalition to Advance Healthcare Reform (CAHR), was the author of Obamacare and has written it into the rules and regs of the law that if a person is not fully vaccinated upon arrival at an ER, he or she must be brought up to date on said vaccines before being treated.

"It is also implied in the bill that Peek a Boo squads can show up at your door and vaccinate you and your children if they are also not up to date on Vaccines. Medical Fascism is just around the corner…

"Now, perhaps some believe these types of measures are necessary to ensure we all stay healthy. I choose to believe that darker agendas are behind these laws being put into place.

"Michele Bachmann should be awarded for having the courage to spank Rick Perry and bring this issue into the light of day.

"Many Girls have died after getting the shot – I created a blog entry yesterday that includes seven informational VIDEOS about those deaths

http://jennyhatch.com/2011/09/13/gardasil-if-a-picture-is-worth-a-thousand-words-then-a-video-report/

"And a featured article at Blogging Mothers Magazine this month outlines my own horror story of attempting to warn innocents and stand up to those who created the HPV Vaccine:

http://bloggingmothersmagazine.com/2011/08/31/american-style-terrorism/

"Many, Many people have been murdered around the campaign to vaccinate American Teens. It is time for that story to be told.

Jenny Hatch
http://WWW.JennyHatch.com
------------

And here's another:
"The scientific evidence that you request is to be found in my personal statistics.

"Five Hatch Children not vaccinated and No Autism in any of them.

"Two daughters not given the HPV vaccine and they are still alive!

"This is the only scientific study that means anything to me personally.

"I am not really into scientific double blind placeboed junk science that is bought and paid for by Pharma Companies.

"My own experience with attempts to “silence” me on the web have taught me that Big Pharma will go to just about any length to shut up those of us blowing our internet whistles.

http://bloggingmothersmagazine.com/2011/08/31/american-style-terrorism/";

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: RAG ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 01:25PM

I guarantee she's going to end up 'offended'.

Date: September 15, 2011 01:39PM

She's already offended.

She does not answer any of the objections to her arguments. She simply takes everyone to task for being rude to her.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 01:42PM

She just wants her craziness to be accepted as gospel without any inconvenient questions coming up.

Very typical of ultra-religious types of all stripes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2011 01:43PM by helamonster.

Date: September 15, 2011 01:51PM

Exactly. Questions are rude, don't you know.

Jenny Hatch accused PZ of taking bribes from Merck to tell lies about vaccines in his blog. PZ says he hasn't received a check from Merck. He's offended at not being paid.

In fact, if I'm reading it correctly, Jenny thinks all people with fully-functioning brains have been bribed by Merck to tell lies.

She's got five unvaccinated kids ... so don't visit her house. Could be dangerous. Undoubtedly dangerous for her kid's school chums.

Date: September 15, 2011 01:54PM

because that IS coming.

Posted by: nonamekid ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 11:00PM

http://www.cdc.gov/pertussis/outbreaks.html

"In 2010, 9,143 cases of pertussis (including ten infant deaths) were reported throughout California. This is the most cases reported in 63 years when 9,394 cases were reported in 1947 and the highest incidence in 52 years when a rate of 26.0 cases/100,000 was reported in 1958. Previously, the peak was in 2005 when there were 3,182 cases reported."

Date: September 15, 2011 02:04PM

Moroni 7, verse 26 -- That's Jenny's pre-birth reading for every day of pregnancy. Yep, every day.

She's into "Lotus birthing." "Because I'm a mormon, it's part of my faith to be self-reliant."

"I've read the Book of Mormon twenty-two times."

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/blogmommagazine/2011/03/07/the-jenny-hatch-show

Basically, the world's going to be very messy very soon, and we will not be able to depend on the medical industry. The medical industry wants us to be dependent, according to Jenny.

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 01:51PM

I wish my daughter got it. She got vaccinated the other way with her first sexual encounter at 18. Fortunately, there are many HPV viruses with only a half dozen more virulent forms. It's a very prevalent STD in college age kids.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 01:54PM

Code for:

It doesn't matter what you say or what kind of evidence presented.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2011 02:57PM by Raptor Jesus.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 01:58PM

And it is HORRIBLE, she says.

Posted by: cl2 (not logged in) ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 02:18PM

spent the rest of her life deaf (from age 1).

Posted by: nebularry ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 02:01PM

WHACKJOB!!

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 02:14PM

I guarantee she will be the first to sue for slander when it is discovered it was her kids who spread the disease that strikes the whole school.

Alternately, I guarantee she'll be the first to sue if her kids are the only ones to catch a preventable disease.

Personally, I think that anyone who chooses the role of Typhoid Mary simply to thumb their noses at "the Man" should be quarantined, and their children kept out of the school system.

Date: September 15, 2011 02:16PM

While I like your idea of quarantining this woman and keeping her kids out of schools, do you REALLY want someone this adamantly stupid and paranoid home schooling her kids??? <shudder>

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 06:28PM

I thought the adamantly stupid and paranoid were the ones homeschooling their kids anyway LOL ;)

Posted by: informer ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 02:17PM

should be locked up permanently, sterilized, and her children removed from her and re-parented.

Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 02:44PM

I think I grew up with this woman... Her blog is strangely devoid of any background about where she grew up though so I can't be certain.

Posted by: voweaver ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 02:55PM

Another anti-vaccine nut. Maybe we should just let them live in peace, confident that another Darwin award nominee bites the dust.

I absolutely LOVE her justification that people are dying off in great hordes because of these "dark agenda" vaccines. Hey, folks, remember the last flu season, when they couldn't get the vaccine out fast enough, and the news programs each night were giving us a running tally of infection/mortality state-by-state? Or the flap over avian flu overseas, chickens and turkeys were being slaughtered to top the spread of the infection, and people were dropping like flies...but we got accurate counts of just how many dead people were stacking up in China.

WHERE are the tallies for these "dark agenda" vaccine victims? Why isn't the news media panning their cameras over empty classrooms, or showing mass burials with family members walking around sobbing and wailing?

Hey, Lady! Don't use seatbelts or carseats, either. That's just another "dark agenda" campaign to take YOUR control away from you!

*eyeroll*

~VOW

Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 03:20PM

Because their decision to not vax has a profound impact on public health. What about children too young, or people who are too sick to get vaccinated? What about a child who lives with a parent or sibling who is undergoing chemo and can't be exposed to a modified live virus contained in a vaccine so doesn't receive it? They are dependent on the immunity and responsibility of the rest of the community. People like this woman are killing other people with their selfishness and ignorance. It is sickening and inexcusable.

Posted by: Just Browsing ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 04:05PM

Isn't she the MOM who had a perfectly healthy baby and he then ""contracted Autism"" --maybe someone else who is a mormon mommy I am thinking about--

JB

Posted by: Starkitty ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 04:27PM

You are thinking of Jenny McCarthy.

Posted by: nevermokhouria ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 06:15PM

the doctor who did the study on the vaccine/autism link was taken off the medical register in the uk. that should say something.

Date: September 15, 2011 04:43PM

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 05:15PM

I've heard a lot of negative press about the Gardisil vaccine (without going to crazy right-wing websites, but mainstream ones) and refuse to get my kids that vaccine. Otherwise, they get all the other ones.

Posted by: MadameRadness ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 05:46PM

Cool! I can send her over to my friends in Nairobi, Kenya? They don't have any vaccines there at all. Such a healthy group of people too.....

Sigh. Seriously. Can we send her over there? She needs to see what the big bad pharma companies are doing to us by imposing vaccines. You know, like keeping us from dying.

Posted by: nevermokhouria ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 06:14PM

not a huge fan of pz by any stretch of the imagination but that woman is a nutcase!

peek-a-boo squads? yeah... those and the death panels.

wait! we already have death panels -- they're called insurance companies. (that last statement is not original -- it's on a bumper sticker sold by northernsun.com)

i just hope that she keeps her germy kids away my immunosuppressed one.

Posted by: Happy_Heretic ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 08:29PM

weight loss (she is one obese human), and stupidity. apparently you must be smart to recognize that you have the disease, therefore she is going to have a chronic condition.

Too sad and funny all at once.

HH =)

Posted by: Nevermodoc ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 10:54PM

Lurking on here since Dec 2010 when a Mo broke my heart and I was trying to figure out why. Something about premarital sex and guilt I guess. I guess being a caring compassionate Family Physician who's personal self description is, "I have a passion for compassion" doesn't make the cut. Anyway,this is my first time posting but this just pisses me off so much I couldn't help myself. Thousands of women die and many more go through less than wonderful treatments for cervical cancer every year. The vaccine decreases the risk of cervical cancer by 70-75% and the risk of genital warts( which while not life threatening is devastating to the person often because you ethically should tell future partners you carry the virus and treatment of visible warts is painful) by over 90%. There are rare idiosyncratic reactions from virtually any drug or vaccine which can effect individuals and I do not dismiss how devastating for them or their family it may be. However, the benefits of the many far exceed, in lives saved and the number cancer treatments avoided, the rare and sometimes severe reactions some individuals do sustain. As a physician and a women who is single and could be exposed to HPV in the future,I paid 200$/shot x 3 shots to receive the benefits of this our first anti cancer vaccine. And for the 10billionth time vaccines do not cause autism, FACT!!!!! Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Posted by: Adult of god on another computer ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 12:09AM

And thanks for bringing the facts!

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 11:15PM

While we don't believe that vaccinations "caused" his autism we did decide that we wanted to be cautious with his baby brother and we use the extended schedule Dr. Sears worked out. I'll tell you one thing -- he has had the least negative reactions to vaccinations of any of the children in his generation. I appreciate vaccinations but I really think we're doing too much too fast. I'd love to see better studies done about negative reactions to our mega-doses of vaccinations.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 12:20AM

I'm old enough to know people who were just a few years older than me who had polio.I was born about the time the vaccine became available I also knew two kids who died of measles encephalitis. I really don't want to go back to those days.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.