Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 05:25PM

Until I read a post here, indicating that the salt lake temple wasfull of Satanic markings. I googled in the information. I was married in the salt lake temple, and now I'm mad as hell again. I never knew what those markings on the outside of the temple meant, until I looked into Satanict ritual cults. I am so angry that I got married a in a cult building. These are the most deceitful an evil people I can see on the face of the earth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 08:10PM

Things like the way the satan character is pretty much "in charge" in the temple. The cult markings. Saying that it all hinges on the BOM, if it's not true we're all batshit!

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 08:14PM

When I read and saw all that I too felt sick. All those markings and all that ritual stuff that isn't even to be done.....like baptism in that thing with all the oxen. They said in the Old Testament times that was a place where the priests went to wash THEMSELVES of the blood from the sacrifices they always did. It had nothing to do with Baptizing people, Why are Mormons not curious about the markings all over the place?

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 08:29PM

have changed over the years. Maybe so.

But the Mormon church should know what they mean now and make adjustments accordingly. The swastika used to represent the eternal cross until about 1920. Now it means Hitler, death and oppression. You can bet that if there were swastikas all over the temple in the olden days ... now there wouldn't be swastikas all over the temple. The church is too worried about their image.

Yet they allow the symbols that are currently representative of Satanism to stay. No matter how innocent the symbols were in the past, why are they there NOW? On a building claiming to have Christians who worship there. That is my question.

Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 10:52PM

Ok, well seeing as Hitler has been baptized.. maybe they actually agree with his sentiments?

V.

Posted by: Charley ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 11:43PM

I don't think the symbols were so innocent in the past. I think JS knew what they were and what they symbolized. Just look at his life before he became a profit. Magick and sorcery.

Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 10:37PM

... you can google stuff about Washington DC being laid out in a satanic symbol. Or american money having occult symbols. Or how even starbucks coffee symbology is based on the occult. Could be true or could be a crock of crap. But one thing is for certain ... all these organizations are MAN-MADE (including the TSCC). Probably all Hocus Pocus to distract the masses.

Posted by: Apatheist ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 01:43AM

Major Bidamon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ... you can google stuff about Washington DC being
> laid out in a satanic symbol. Or american money
> having occult symbols. Or how even starbucks
> coffee symbology is based on the occult. Could be
> true or could be a crock of crap. But one thing
> is for certain ... all these organizations are
> MAN-MADE (including the TSCC). Probably all Hocus
> Pocus to distract the masses.

I agree. I've read stuff about children's shows having occult influences in them too. It's everywhere, but that doesn't mean they are trying to get us all to worship Satan. Most people, Mos and never Mos, have no idea what the symbols originally meant. I'm sure JS adopted the symbols he did because he actually believed in all that crap. That said, I am sure most Mos would be bothered to learn the origin of the symbols on the temple. Though, they would just use the excuse that the devil is perverting the symbols of the Lard.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 02:10AM

Some people really get off on looking for signs of Satan in every nook and cranny.

Some years ago, somebody on here had a link to an outfit called "Cutting Edge Ministries." They did some reviews on the Harry Potter books that are real howlers. Got to watch that evil Ms Rowling, she is up to her ears in the occult. . .Gimme a break!

Remember that little kid in the movie "Jesus Camp" who admitted that he knew the Harry Potter movies were evil, but he had seen one at a friend's house, and while he tried to look like he felt guilty about it, you could tell that he had (however guiltily) enjoyed it?

Stop and smell the ROSES for a change, instead of the FERTILIZER!

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 02:45PM

I've never look for satanic signs any time in my life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2010 02:45PM by get her done.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 03:46PM

Don't forget about Procter and Gamble and Tommy Hilfeger are aligned with the satanic forces of darkness as well. And it's all controlled in the little Colorado mountain town where I grew up.
Mua hahaha!

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 12:04AM

Speaking of Satan and his priesthoods, I went to a seminar by the Higleys (anti-Mormon Christians) and she used to be a temple worker. She said the movie only shows the apron from the side so you can't really see the symbols. At that time they did the scenes live in the Salt Lake Temple, so she sat right in front and memorized the symbols. Later she drew them and researched and sure enough, occult.

Anybody have any more info on Satan's Apron? And, by the way, impotent or not, NOW IS THE GREAT DAY OF MY POWER, BWAHAHAHA!

Anagrammy

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 08:39AM

A person can feel fully recovered and happy in every way until something like this comes to light and brings back some of the same old unrecovered bad feelings of the past.

This is what used to happen to me when mormons phoned or showed up at the door after being happily out of the morg for decades.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 09:24AM

One can no doubt heal, but too many wounds are too easily reopened.

Problem with the cult is that it continues to hurt people yet shows no signs of remorse. Some who post frequently in this forum suggest that we should adopt an attitude of forgiveness where the cult is concerned. In my mind, that's simply unacceptable, particularly when said institution continues to do damage.

I think of fellow RFMers of the SSA variety. How can they even begin to "forgive" or "recover" when the goddamn cult continues to promote and perpetuate militant homophobia. It didn't stop with failed priesthood blessings and electro-shock treatments. Instead, the cult has expanded its hateful bigotry by engaging in out-of-state politics (Prop H8) while encourging its members to further degrade homosexuals via public discourse (Boyd K.K.K. Packer, 2010 Fall GC).

How do the effected forgive, forget, heal - much less recover - when the cult keeps rearing its ugly head?

Don't even get me started on the women.

Timothy

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2010 09:29AM by Timothy.

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 01:18PM

Agree with you Timothy. There is nothing I would like more than to just be able to "forgive" all the crap I was handed for 57 years. Sometimes I feel SO guily because I am far from forgiving. And that it might take many more years to come to that point. The problem is,every day I learn something else from this board,something evil or outragious about the morg,and I get so angry again. I was indoctrinated for decades,the church took 4 of my kids,so hell yea I'm gonna be mad for a while. And I am really embarassed to admit it,but I have no idea what markings you guys are talking about,the ones on the temples. I always hated going and I guess I never noticed much of anything. So clue me in.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 02:43PM

Its up to you to decide when its appropriate to forgive.

Thirty-two years ago, my family refused to attend my wedding because I wasn't marrying a good little molly in the temple. In doing so, they sent out a strong message that burned my fern for a number of years.

In time, I forgave them that particular trespass against me. Sadly, however, they would not let me forget.

Twenty-eight years later, I got an email from TBM mom requesting the date and location of our wedding. Not because she gave half a hunk of s**t, but because her grandson needed the information to satisfy some goofy mission requirement.

It just doesn't get any colder than that!

Did I go ballistic? Absolutely! I ripped her a new one and don't feel the least bit guilty about doing so. Bottom line was if it ain't about me, then keep your mouth shut. I first told her I couldn't care less about her religion, her grandkids or their mission requirements before reminding her that I am her son, a very jealeous son, who will have no other sons, grand or otherwise, before me!

Never did disclose the information she requested!

We still communicate. She doesn't bring up the cult or the grandkids and I don't verbally abuse her. Nice arrangement. I don't feel the least bit guilty, but I no longer forgive mormons their insanity as they will always repeat it.

And I certainly don't forget!

Timothy

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 03:55PM

On the outside of the temple everyone needs to look for the subdued not so decorative markings. Seems to me they were around the corner from the main SLC temple door.

Forgiving usually happens rather natually whenever the culprit stops the bad behavior or stays away from the victims to allow for healing time. It isn't so much of a virtue as religions purport it to be.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 05:31PM

Timothy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One can no doubt heal, but too many wounds are too
> easily reopened.
>
> Problem with the cult is that it continues to hurt
> people yet shows no signs of remorse. Some who
> post frequently in this forum suggest that we
> should adopt an attitude of forgiveness where the
> cult is concerned. In my mind, that's simply
> unacceptable, particularly when said institution
> continues to do damage.
>
> I think of fellow RFMers of the SSA variety. How
> can they even begin to "forgive" or "recover" when
> the goddamn cult continues to promote and
> perpetuate militant homophobia. It didn't stop
> with failed priesthood blessings and electro-shock
> treatments. Instead, the cult has expanded its
> hateful bigotry by engaging in out-of-state
> politics (Prop H8) while encourging its members to
> further degrade homosexuals via public discourse
> (Boyd K.K.K. Packer, 2010 Fall GC).
>
> How do the effected forgive, forget, heal - much
> less recover - when the cult keeps rearing its
> ugly head?
>
> Don't even get me started on the women.
>
> Timothy

But for those moments, there's always beer!

Posted by: J. Chan ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 09:59AM

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 01:28PM

Most anything pagan has been reinterpreted by christianity over the centuries as being "satanic".

Odd, since a pentagram with a point at the top was originally a symbol of divine authority.

One pagan symbol christians kept, though, was the cross. Coincidentally, a symbol eschewed by mormonism.

Draw what conclusions you will.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 03:05PM

As a believer, they represented the different degrees of glory. To me. What they represented to anyone else in another time made no difference.

Even as a believer they were not all that big of a deal. They were just symbolic decorations. That had to put SOMETHING on the outside of the temple.

JS was involved with some pretty superstitious stuff. Maybe they WERE pagan symbols. But who cares? Satanism and the occult are bogus as well.

JS wasn't creative enough to come up with his own bogus symbols.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 03:21PM

It's clear the Mormon temple is a hodgepodge of borrowed ideas. Some was stolen from the masons. Some was borrowed from the Jews. There might even be some Egyptian and Greek stuff there.

Joseph Smith was interested in ancient, esoteric things and restoring them in a new way. He also loved power. The temple is about both.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 03:26PM

I remember Satan's apron from the live endowment ceramony and it was masonic. It had the pillars of Jocheim and Boaz and the checkered masonic floor. They basically symbolize the entrance of the straight and narrow path. Now you know where Lehi's vision and the iron rod came from. Free Masonry.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.